G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Car shut off out of no where.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 09:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car shut off out of no where.

I was driving down the freeway one morining on the way to school, I started the car before I left my house, I always give it a min to warm up, it was cold out side like 57, Not that cold but cold enough to get your window frosted. Wel I was driving and it was running fine all the way to the freeway, I was on the freeway for maybe 10 mins, than I seen that traffic was slowing down and it came fast, i hit the brakes semi hard, no where the seat belt tighten up because you hit it to hard but just like fast not to fast, (sorry I'm trying to be detailed) and once I press the brakes I seen the car had completely shut off, no lights, no engine. So I turned my key back to than forward to turn it on and it started up and I press the gas and it was stuck in neutral and I looked on the shift **** and it was completely in drive so I press the gas again and it went, but it was stuck in a gear, I don't know which gear, I tried checking by shift the **** over to manual and it wouldn't show. It just showed it was in drive and my engine was just stuck in the gear (maybe like at 2500 rpm -3000rpm for 5 mins until I got off the freeway and once I slowed down it went back to its regualar gears and I stoped somewhere to check it out, turned off the car and back on and started up fine, no engine light when all that happen not even after and I gave it a test drive around the parking lot I stoped at and it was shift fine and going fine, no rattles, no strange noises. I'm taking it to autozone maybe they can read a code or somthing that hidden, i have no idea. But just don't want it to happen because I could've got rear ended if that car behind me on the freeway wasn't paying attetion at the time. So if anyone knows what it is, before I take it to the dealer and they. Charge me up the butt for checking it . It would me cool !

Old 04-04-2016, 03:47 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Clean your throttle body and your MAF sensor.

Old 04-06-2016, 01:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Happened to me about a year ago, but I have the MT so I didn't get stuck. First step is to do the post above, it might be that simple. But I ended up changing both camshaft sensors in the engine and the crankshaft sensor under the car. It's a DIY fix

The following users liked this post:
Lartytiejdke3 (04-06-2016)
Old 04-06-2016, 07:47 AM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Originally Posted by wcmarine
Happened to me about a year ago, but I have the MT so I didn't get stuck. First step is to do the post above, it might be that simple. But I ended up changing both camshaft sensors in the engine and the crankshaft sensor under the car. It's a DIY fix
yup
This is the issue here

Old 04-06-2016, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,026 Likes on 943 Posts
Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
yup
This is the issue here
Originally Posted by wcmarine
Happened to me when I was on a date once, that was embarrassing. Replace those cam and crank sensors ASAP. OEM or auto pleb they all work.