G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Parking sign pole vs 3500lb car guess who wins

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2016, 12:43 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Parking sign pole vs 3500lb car guess who wins

I just had to turn traction control off in the rain. I literally bought a carbon fiber driveshaft, red leather seats, and cams last week. Mechanic tells me subframe is irreparable and wouldn't be worth the work. No matter how annoying those plastic shields under your car are never remove them I guess would be the lesson here. Drove it back on the highway like that tho, guess I'm lucky to be alive. Not sure what to do with the insurance money please help. Was gonna rebuy then part out the car and move up in years, revup. Maybe a car with no engine and then twin turbo it right from the jump.

Old 12-10-2016, 02:12 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Sorry no sympathy here, you made a stupendously idiotic decision to put yourself in that position and deserve the results as a life lesson I would have hoped you had already learned. And HTF would the plastic under shield have changed anything here???????

Sorry to be so blunt but there's just so much fail in this thread I have to move on. I want to punch my laptop screen right now and I'm the most settled, peaceful person you'll ever meet. You're definitely right about one thing, you're lucky to be alive. Don't forget that..........

Name:  fail-2.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  56.3 KB

Old 12-10-2016, 09:32 PM
Received 115 Likes on 98 Posts
Why would you turn off traction when it's most needed? I'm so confused. So you were trying to lose your life and endanger others? I just need to understand. Glad your ok but that was quite stupid but I'm sure you know that.

Old 12-11-2016, 12:39 AM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Sorry no sympathy here, you made a stupendously idiotic decision to put yourself in that position and deserve the results as a life lesson I would have hoped you had already learned. And HTF would the plastic under shield have changed anything here???????

Sorry to be so blunt but there's just so much fail in this thread I have to move on. I want to punch my laptop screen right now and I'm the most settled, peaceful person you'll ever meet. You're definitely right about one thing, you're lucky to be alive. Don't forget that..........

well I thought if the plastic shields were still under my car then it would've absorbed most of the poles destructive power , that plastic is thick. And I know it was a stupid decision turning off traction control but cmon these manual guys don't even have traction control and I was driving it like I stole it on turns, With an empty street, just terrible reaction time . 25mph max. Idk enough with the excuses I guess. Shame on me. I'm gonna spend a full day in an empty parking lot and really get to know my babe , I guess two hands on the wheel wouldn't hurt either.

Old 12-11-2016, 02:50 AM

I really, really didn't want to come back to this thread but I feel the need to respond one last time. No the shields will not help blunt the impact of a 3500# hunk of metal against an immovable object. I'm more than a little concerned you don't know that but whatevs..... Don't drive it like you stole it on any street in the rain traction control or not, you never know who or what you might hit. Also, what's up with the pictures, it looks like you were taking selfies of the carnage and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that can't see **** of the damage but hey, in this thread I guess we need to expect the unexpected right?

Finally what babe do you speak of because your current car is toast. I am proud of you for understanding that this incident was not a good idea in the first place, you need to quit making excuses like you said and I hope you're serious about doing things differently. There are places designed for you to drive like a mad man and the streets are definitely not one of them.

Old 12-11-2016, 12:03 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Yeah that sucks.

I think you're misinformed about the manuals not having traction control. My 04 is a manual and I certainly have traction control so you can forget about that argument. These cars need traction control to be active to drive them on the highway, especially when it's wet. Any small blip of the gas pedal can send your tail sliding out on you. Even really good drivers would have a hard time because eventhough your skills might allow you to save the slide the highway is not very conducive to this. There's just no room with all of the obstacles in the way you're bound to hit something, like a sign pole for instance.

On your next ride leave the traction control on. Drive it like you think you can. If traction control doesn't kick in you did great. If traction control kicks in then you know you likely saved yourself from another costly mistake.

Oh and don't beat yourself up the plastic underpan. All of the other plastic and metal was mangled. That piece would have suffered tragically as well.

Good luck.

-edit- added this:
I thought your username sounded familiar. Going back and just looking at the threads you started I was correct. Man you really need to slow it down (not driving, desicion wise) because you're all over the place. You've got a thread started where your "friend" was looking at turbo's on ebay but further reading shows you gave yourself away and your friend happened to be the thread starter. Weird how that happens. You post questions but when you get answers you don't take them into consideration and end up making all sorts of excuses about why you are correct as in that turbo and used engine post. You posted pictures of some beat to **** pistons and were told by numerous people that they didn't look good. But then *I think* you posted pictures of the same pistons that you were told didn't look good in the "look what I bought thread".

You're a young dude with PLENTY to learn. Do more time researching and studying up on things you're interested in instead of making whack *** impulse decisions even when you're told differently. Just take a breathe and slow down dude. It's not a race. You have plenty of time. And when it comes down to it... it's just a car. I know it seems extremely important to you that you need to have a car with tons of power. It's not. And you proved that to yourself by posting this thread. You proved you couldn't handle the power you already had so if you would have more you might be dead. I'm hoping you can learn from the mistakes you made already and do better your next time around. These cars are powerful enough. Don't worry about dropping $10k into a car to make it more powerful especially when it's just going to give you issues (as told by others). If you come across that much money that easily do something much more useful with it. Save it and buy some land or property or something. Don't blow it all on making a daily driven car too powerful for the road. Because you learned first hand already that all of that money could be GONE with a dumb split second decision.

As I thought -
Asking about pistons:
https://g35driver.com/forums/forced-...-estimate.html

Bought pistons that you were told were probably not so great:
https://g35driver.com/forums/media-s...ml#post7086592

Last edited by twitch; 12-11-2016 at 12:44 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by twitch:
Blue Dream (12-11-2016), Jaygotboost (12-12-2016)
Old 12-13-2016, 09:00 AM
Sigh, I needed this

Old 12-14-2016, 09:26 PM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Glad Uncle Twitch got the message across.

Old 12-15-2016, 03:52 AM

I sure hope so, but I'm not holding my breath here.

Old 12-15-2016, 02:53 PM
Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts
6 speed G35 sedan
I have a 6MT and I always leave the traction control on when its wet.

Old 12-15-2016, 03:42 PM
Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
So yeah fir starters I hope you know that was one of the dumbest posts I've read. You missed dugan day tho, a few weeks late. 2nd I've had 2 6mt and they both had traction control.

Also no under tray would have saved your car from swinging into a metal bar at 25mph, your car is meant to absorb impact, not deflect itself.

And I almost feel like I shouldn't be saying this cause its not my place. But if you can't control yourself on the streets, even in an "empty" one, please consider a different car that's more your speed.

Edit: also don't go turbo, you may respect it for awhile after this accident. But I can almost guarantee it'll happen again.

Old 12-15-2016, 09:09 PM
Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts
6 speed G35 sedan
Ironic that the TS proves his username wrong.

Old 12-15-2016, 11:52 PM
Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Scottwax
Ironic that the TS proves his username wrong.
Lol the sad thing is he wasn't even going fast XD

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.