G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Engine Cooling System

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 02:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Engine Cooling System

Hello, I am looking at replacing all my engine cooling components. Thermostat, tubes, hoses, radiator, and fans. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to buy, and how I can find all the correct parts for this? I want the parts to last, but I couldn't find any information on the correct parts to get. I also want to make sure I'm getting them all from the right place.

Old 05-17-2017, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by Jonah Foust
Hello, I am looking at replacing all my engine cooling components. Thermostat, tubes, hoses, radiator, and fans. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to buy, and how I can find all the correct parts for this? I want the parts to last, but I couldn't find any information on the correct parts to get. I also want to make sure I'm getting them all from the right place.
Your local Infiniti dealer parts department can provide you with a list of the correct parts, part numbers and prices for the year and model of your vehicle.
Compare those prices with the numerous on line vendors and make a decision on whether you want to choose cheaper parts most likely made in China or stick with OEM parts.
Personally over the years with some aggravation using cheap parts on numerous vehicles I only use OEM parts.

Telcoman

Old 05-18-2017, 09:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Since our cars have many cooling system hoses that you won't be able to get at a parts store, and OEM hoses from a dealership are absurdly expensive, I'd go with a silicone hose kit from Z1 Motorsports or Concept Z Performance. Silicone hoses never need to be replaced (not sure why more cars don't come with them from the factory... police cars are all fitted with them because they're heavy duty, lifetime parts), and you can get them in black. I'd get the thermostat and radiator from either of the above places as well, and throw in a water pump too since that's missing from your list and has a limited lifetime just like rubber hoses.

I'm not sure why you would want to replace the fans, unless they don't work or the shroud is broken. They don't corrode like radiator/thermostat or get hard and break like hoses do...

Also, since you probably aren't going to replace the heater core (unless you want to take the entire dash out), there's not much point in replacing the radiator unless it's broken or clogged.

I can understand wanting to just completely R&R an entire system of the car for the sake of doing it and feeling good about it not breaking, but replacing anything but the hoses, thermostat, and water pump is unnecessary unless they stop working.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.