G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Midpipe to muffler gasket

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 01:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Midpipe to muffler gasket

Hello. This is my first time posting to this forum. Bought my G about 2 weeks ago. Got a question that I cant seem to find when I search.

I got a walker coupe mid pipe that I need for the time being because my original pipe is bad. The gasket that connects the midpipe to muffler is an o-ring type, but the midpipe I bought does not have a spot for the o-ring to sit on like the stock one did. So in order for me to install it I will have to somehow stick the the gasket on the pipe with some rtv so it doesnt move as I install the pipe. Is there a better solution for this problem? Maybe I can use a flange type gasket? Or maybe I can seal it with some copper rtv and torque it down tight. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Old 07-19-2017, 11:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, got it work. Just used the same size gasket as the cat to y-pipe gasket. The ID is a little smaller than the pipe so it does block a little of the airflow but not enough to make a difference. but for now its good and not leaking.

I installed this Walker mid- pipe with a HR y-pipe and the sound is so much better. No rasp like other reviews were saying. Pretty much sounds like a Z. $50 for the HR pipe and $43 for the mid-pipe, I think its pretty good.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.