G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Exhaust tone

Old 09-28-2017, 09:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust tone

Hello, all!

I'm tinkering and new to the exhaust spec of cars as I've just got into them.

recently added a coupe midpipe and then a few weeks down, cut the muffler off and straight piped it from the resonator. It sounds biblical at start up and when I rev it at a stop but when I'm driving, it gets obnoxiously loud. I ordered an 18" magnaflow resonator. I want to deepen the overall sound of it but also have it loud. A friend suggested resonated test pipes but that's kind of out of the budget as of now. As said, I'm new to this all and have looked up and down this forum. Any suggestions?

warm regards,
justin

Old 09-28-2017, 09:26 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
If you have decent speakers or headphones you can get a relatively good idea what various combinations will sound like by browsing youtube video clips, just use a search of something like "g35 resonated test pipe muffler delete" or whatever, there are a LOT of vids for this. Find a sound you like and work from there.

It's one of those things where something that YOU think sounds amazing might not be what someone ELSE finds amazing so... totally a matter of personal preference.

Personally I think the stock exhaust with Fast Intentions HFC's sounds the best!

Old 09-29-2017, 06:53 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
If resonated test pipes are out of the budget then so will any decent change to your exhaust that's worth a ****. Magnaflow makes a sick sounding muffler for the first gen G sedans but it's a couple of hundred dollars. Just be aware that putting together a hodge podge assortment of parts probably means drone and rasp.

Get that resonator installed and go from there. I recently replaced the stock resonator on my 06 GTO with a Pypes X box and it sounds amazing. The rest of the exhaust is bone stock and I wanted a little more volume w/o anything annoying like D/R and got it. GL with your plans.

Old 09-29-2017, 08:54 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Muffler delete wasn't a smart idea, you butchered a perfectly fine exhaust system! Now it's too loud and you have a friend telling you to get test pipes...he isn't your friend! If you have the factory muffler reinstall or if not follow the previous recommendation of getting a Magnaflow muffler, they sound good without being too loud. Next time you're considering a mod try doing a Search, that will let you know the results from thousands of members.
Gary

The following users liked this post:
Scottwax (09-29-2017)
Old 09-29-2017, 01:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've recently got straight pipes and i can kind of relate but I've been thinking about getting my resonator deleted, because that will definitely make it louder or more of a roar sound.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.