Should I keep the g? - G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Should I keep the g?

Reply

 
 
 
  #1  
Old 08-12-2018, 06:00 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 37
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Should I keep the g?


well it sucks but I just found out after having my 2003 g35 sedan for 2 years is that the car has odometer roll back 😪 so in reality my car has 244k miles instead of the 144 that shows on my dash.i have invested over 2k on my car just to keep it running smooth and I’m wondering if I should just get rid of while I can or should I keep it and maintain it for myself until she gives up. She runs smooth and Doesn’t have any lights on or anything that conserns me besides some typical Midwest rust.What would you guys do?
 

Last edited by Ichiglo_; 08-12-2018 at 06:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-12-2018, 07:37 PM
Blue Dream's Avatar
I drove ttrank's car solo
iTrader: (50)
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: By the sea, Tx
Posts: 17,601
Thanked 1,341 Times in 1,097 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
First of all I have to know what camera you used to take the picture, it's gorgeous! Car looks great and if you have no issues with it now I don't see any reason to get rid of it, especially since I get a sense you really like the car. Honestly, for resale value your 16 year old car won't be worth much less showing 244K miles that it would have with 144K. Keep the maintenance up to date and the car will last a long time, we have a sedan on here that's a daily driver that has over 360K miles and still running great.
 
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-12-2018, 09:36 PM
cleric670@gmail's Avatar
BANNED!!!
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Washington State
Posts: 4,812
Thanked 489 Times in 465 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Get a compression test done, that will tell you what you need to know about the health and expected longevity of the engine. If the previous owner kept up on the scheduled maintenance and repaired items as needed then you probably have PLENTY of life left in the car depending on how many miles you drive per year.

Most folks put 13-15k per year on a daily driver so you could realistically have close to 5 years left on the drivetrain (more or less depending on actual wear), the body looks fantastic, if everything works I'd just keep it and drive it.

Maintenance is key.
 
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-12-2018, 10:03 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 37
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Get a compression test done, that will tell you what you need to know about the health and expected longevity of the engine. If the previous owner kept up on the scheduled maintenance and repaired items as needed then you probably have PLENTY of life left in the car depending on how many miles you drive per year.

Most folks put 13-15k per year on a daily driver so you could realistically have close to 5 years left on the drivetrain (more or less depending on actual wear), the body looks fantastic, if everything works I'd just keep it and drive it.

Maintenance is key.
thanks and will do!
 
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-12-2018, 10:06 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 37
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Blue Dream View Post
First of all I have to know what camera you used to take the picture, it's gorgeous! Car looks great and if you have no issues with it now I don't see any reason to get rid of it, especially since I get a sense you really like the car. Honestly, for resale value your 16 year old car won't be worth much less showing 244K miles that it would have with 144K. Keep the maintenance up to date and the car will last a long time, we have a sedan on here that's a daily driver that has over 360K miles and still running great.
haha it’s actually just an iPhone 8 Plus yeah I actually tried trading it to a dealer for a g37 but was quoted $900 for my g35 smh I couldn’t pull the trigger and decided to keep my g35 for now until she finally dies off thanks for your advice 🙏
 
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ichiglo_ For This Useful Post:
Blue Dream (08-13-2018)
  #6  
Old 08-14-2018, 10:38 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (5)
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,388
Thanked 475 Times in 422 Posts
how do u know it was rolled back and how many miles were shown when u bought it?
 
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-14-2018, 10:53 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 37
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by saywat? View Post
how do u know it was rolled back and how many miles were shown when u bought it?
I checked the carfax a year later after I bought it and it read “POTENTIAL ODOMETER ROLLBACK” and the miles went from 183 to 143k so when I bought it it showed 143k on the odometer
 
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-14-2018, 10:56 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (5)
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,388
Thanked 475 Times in 422 Posts
lol ur supposed to do that before u buy the car man..just keep it and drive it till it breaks.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
opanick
G35 Sedan V35 2003-06
30
08-15-2018 12:53 AM
alexla
New Members Check In
8
03-03-2015 03:15 AM
opanick
G35 Sedan V35 2003-06
2
03-31-2011 07:33 PM
toymachine2009
G35 Sedan V35 2003-06
51
06-13-2010 04:29 AM
GT-ER
G35 Sedan V35 2003-06
76
08-19-2009 12:01 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Should I keep the g?


Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: