G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Wheel speed sensor listing locations backwards?

Old 05-20-2019, 09:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
White G35x
Wheel speed sensor listing locations backwards?

I just got an 06 AWD sedan a few days ago, and the seller had a new wheel speed sensor he said needed to be installed to clear the lights on the dash. I go to put it in today, and the sensor seemed to be angled the wrong direction, and the bracket hit the mounting point before the sensor would seat. Even removing the extra bracket required squishing the rubber boot against the mount to seat it with the screw. Then I get to the plug, and the tabs are not in the correct location. The plug looks identical except for the location of the tabs, and the fact it's blue instead of the OEM gray. I figure it's probably meant for the passenger side. So I look up the part to try to order another one, and I come across an identical looking one on Amazon, and the first review described exactly what I went through. It's listed as front left, Driver. So I start looking elsewhere, and the ones sold as a left/right set have a picture of one blue harness, and one gray harness, with the blue one having an identical sensor and bracket to the one I have, and the gray one having a sensor that looks like it'll actually fit properly with the boot further away from the flange.

But when I see the ones listed as right side, they all have the gray harness, and all the driver side with the blue. Did Nissan mix up the parts listing on these and now everyone selling these parts have them backwards? I'm tempted to try to just buy the one listed as passenger side since its a gray plug, and the female side on the car is gray. But I thought I would check here to see if this is already known. This car had some damage to the driver side front wheel area that was repaired, and the old sensor I removed had about a half inch of it shaved down at a 45 degree angle, so I'm fairly certain it was bad and replacing it will indeed fix the traction control related lights on the dash.

Old 05-21-2019, 11:47 AM
BANNED!!!
Received 769 Likes on 710 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Right hand side
Newest revision 47910-AL50A
Older revision 47910-AL505

Left hand side
Newest revision 47911-AL50A
Older revision 47911-AL505

Never look up parts by "driver side, passenger side" especially when dealing with a vehicle that was manufactured in Japan. In the JDM market the steering wheel is on the other side so the "driver side" is actually the right hand side of the vehicle.

The following users liked this post:
TheBFA (05-21-2019)
Old 05-21-2019, 12:19 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
White G35x
Hahaha, I didn't even consider that. The funny thing is I went to high school in Japan and got my first driver's license driving on the left side of the road. I should have known.

Last edited by TheBFA; 05-21-2019 at 01:08 PM.
Old 05-21-2019, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator
Received 795 Likes on 747 Posts
Interesting point Cleric. Til.