G35 Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2024, 01:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sedan rwd auto
G35 Issues

Hey all,

Been trying to track down a noise for a couple months now and have had no luck. Hoping somebody on here has had the same issue and figured it out

Issue: im hearing a popping/clunking noise coming from my front passenger wheel when I slow down from 20km/hr to a stop. It happens when I put good pressure on the brakes. Also happens when im going very slow and hitting a bump or turning both ways. Its infrequent and happens at random. But only at slow speeds. Like for example. If I turn the car on put it in drive, then leg go of the brake pedal for a second and then reapply the brakes il hear it.

I have replaced pretty much everything on the front end at this point. Installed coilovers, replaced both lower control arms, both outer tie-rods, both sway bar links, both compression rods, both upper control arms. New calipers and new pads and rotors.

Ive done most of the work myself so it could be an install error somewhere but ive checked and everything seems tight and good.

I have not done the inner tie rods and I do have a leaking power steering rack on the passenger side. My fluid levels are good.

I did have a shop put winters on last fall and I had an issue where I lost 2/5 lug nuts and drove home from work one day on 3. I replaced them and never noticed a sound until weeks later. Could I have a messed stud? My understanding is a bad wheel bearing is alot more of a grinding noise

anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 05-23-2024, 06:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Moneypit35
Hey all,

Been trying to track down a noise for a couple months now and have had no luck. Hoping somebody on here has had the same issue and figured it out

Issue: im hearing a popping/clunking noise coming from my front passenger wheel when I slow down from 20km/hr to a stop. It happens when I put good pressure on the brakes. Also happens when im going very slow and hitting a bump or turning both ways. Its infrequent and happens at random. But only at slow speeds. Like for example. If I turn the car on put it in drive, then leg go of the brake pedal for a second and then reapply the brakes il hear it.

I have replaced pretty much everything on the front end at this point. Installed coilovers, replaced both lower control arms, both outer tie-rods, both sway bar links, both compression rods, both upper control arms. New calipers and new pads and rotors.

Ive done most of the work myself so it could be an install error somewhere but ive checked and everything seems tight and good.

I have not done the inner tie rods and I do have a leaking power steering rack on the passenger side. My fluid levels are good.

I did have a shop put winters on last fall and I had an issue where I lost 2/5 lug nuts and drove home from work one day on 3. I replaced them and never noticed a sound until weeks later. Could I have a messed stud? My understanding is a bad wheel bearing is alot more of a grinding noise

anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated!

You checked your motor mounts?