G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Really liking my new X...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 09:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really liking my new X...

300 miles as of now, so the real fun has yet to begin, but the torque is great. I was one of the many who considered the TL, and in large part due to the great interior. Sitting in the G after the TL is kind of a bland experience. However, after only a week I feel I know the interior very well, and while not as flashy as the TL, it is very functional and rather easy to use. The stereo is really nice IMO. Many claim to be audiophiles and I do too; as such, when I am in the mood for high end stereo listening I do it in my house. Thus, while I would enjoy DVD audio in my car, it is far from a requirement. The G's Bose system is certainly above average. I also find the interior to be very classy, and am digging the display area high on the dash w/ the digital readouts. Very enjoyable ride.

Old 03-23-2005, 09:27 AM
agreed

I have owned a couple of acuras and when it was time to buy a new car I decided to pass this time since the tranny issues and reprogrammed ECU etc to deal with the issue was not something I wanted to deal with. Sure the tl is fast, but the rattles and vibration issues have been well documented in the 04 05 models.

I have an 05 lakeshore slate x and have enjoyed driving it. Much more low end torque compared to the CL I had with 232 at 3500 RPMs. So the newer TL do not make it as low.

I find that the G is geared different and is at about 3000 RPMs at 75 where the 5at acura was at about 2000. I would say one reason the mileage is been averaging about 21 vs 25 that I used to get in the acura. The handling has been great in the G and I have enjoyed the car even though it has fewer features than the acura. I can see where maybe the acura would be faster in the top end from gearing.

The salesman had me punch the throttle from a standing start on a wet road while taking a 90 degree right turn on a highway. I was impressed with how the car performed. I am also impressed that it does it on 55 series tires.

I have a high end stereo system at home an do not need that in my car at a price..!!! I have found that the TL is more a kids car now where every kid wants to own it to race it...

The body design a lot of people do not like but I like the fact that I xan see the front corners of the car. The acura was sloping and it was very difficult to see the front corners..

And after all it is just a car ...

The acura forum has people complaining about literally everything including their emotions over how the car has improved their love life... I say get a life..

Old 03-23-2005, 02:42 PM
Lip
I'm 3--weeks and 768 miles into my new G35x- So far this car is really growing on me. Break-in has been really tough.
However, I am really pleased with the choice I made.
My last rig had a fairly high-end audio system, and this Bose system isn't quite as capable, but I still think it's decent. I am pleased with the MP3 playback and overall ease of use.
I really like the interior on the 2005 as well. It's missing a few things, like a trip computer, but too be honest I don't really care because of the :
Great Chassis ! Great steering ! Great Motor ! Seemless AWD ! Tight structure !

Complaints:
The XM system antenna seems to be a bit weak considering how huge it is.
The stock tires are coming off next week, and it their place will be 235/50 Pilot A/S
That's about it.

Really happy I made the purchase.