G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

How long from VIN assignment to delivery?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 06:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How long from VIN assignment to delivery?

I'm got a 2005 G35 6MT sedan on order. I placed the order in December, a few weeks ago the dealer gave me the factory's order number, and today they gave me the VIN number. They don't seem to want to give me an estimate on when the car might arrive, though - probably afraid of being wrong even though I acknowledged that they don't have a whole lot of control over the process.

I was hoping owners here who ordered their G35 could give me an estimate on how long it took from when the dealer gave you the VIN number until you took delivery. At some point I need to start advertising my current car for sale (dealer offered squat on trade-in), so an estimate of when to expect the G would be nice.

Also, does anyone know if having the VIN can help me find out any more information online, like somewhere on Infiniti's website?

Thanks for any help,
Jim

Old 03-25-2005, 08:48 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
With mine, it was about 3 weeks.

Old 03-26-2005, 08:18 AM
Originally Posted by TooLoud
I'm got a 2005 G35 6MT sedan on order. I placed the order in December, a few weeks ago the dealer gave me the factory's order number, and today they gave me the VIN number. They don't seem to want to give me an estimate on when the car might arrive, though - probably afraid of being wrong even though I acknowledged that they don't have a whole lot of control over the process.

I was hoping owners here who ordered their G35 could give me an estimate on how long it took from when the dealer gave you the VIN number until you took delivery. At some point I need to start advertising my current car for sale (dealer offered squat on trade-in), so an estimate of when to expect the G would be nice.

Also, does anyone know if having the VIN can help me find out any more information online, like somewhere on Infiniti's website?

Thanks for any help,
Jim

Got my vin# 2 days ago and car is due to arrive wk of 4/24

Old 03-26-2005, 03:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Corgidog, what dealer did you go through (I remember you said you were in the NE some where...). I went through Quirk in Braintree, got a 5/5 est delivery date, no VIN yet

Old 03-26-2005, 03:46 PM
My G was manufactured in Dec '04 delivered Feb 12'05. and no you can not go online to track the progress of your vehicle. But in the mean time you can go online and down load the owners manual, so that you will know the in's and out's of your new G before it arrives.