G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Outrunning a IS300

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 11:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Outrunning a IS300

You can't race on public highways without endangering other people. You have too many uncontrolled factors on public roads. That's why racing should ONLY be done on closed courses or race tracks.

Dabearz

As far as 152 mph being no different from driving to work, if you really believe that you are a complete moron. Some accidents are unavoidable mishaps of daily driving. Accidents caused by people racing are equivilent to those caused by Drunk Driving - criminal acts resulting in death or injury to innocent people who are using the roads for what they are designed for - transportation!

Old 05-27-2003, 12:34 PM

They get pulled over - some I think get off with nothing , because you have celeberty "cannonballers" as well. Other get hit with fines. They have the loot to pay the costs, and I do me loot.Costs around $8k to race. This thing has been going on since the 70's. You don't remember the movie - Cannon Ball Run - Burt Reynolds starring with -souped up ambulances and hearsts- not to mention the exotics - and the seriously tweaked american iron. It's an entertaining movie I think 3 Cannonball Run movies were made

"03.5" G35-S Ivory Pearl Sport/Prem/Aerodyn-RS
"02" MBZ C-320 Sport Wagon Brilliant Silv/C-2 pac

Old 05-27-2003, 12:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup. Unpredictability.

The guy in the Metro that gets on the on-ramp and slides all the way over into your lane at only 50mph.

The nail in the road that causes your right-front tire to blow out -- bad at 80, deadly at 152.

The pickup up ahead that didn't secure his cargo and dropped a couch across three lanes of traffic.

Etc. etc. etc....

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 05-28-2003, 09:52 PM

G-spot who the F_ck cares... People can should be able to do whatever they want to do with there cars as LONG as there not hurting anyone else... if your going to crash and kill urself -- ITS UR PROBLEM... as far as doing it on crowded roads and wat not i agree that it completly wrong. Just dont act like its the worst thing to do. People race there cars its usualy in good fun, honestly when i see too people racing i smile and think wow those guys are having fun... lighten up

Old 05-29-2003, 03:21 PM

Dabearz,

hopefully by the time you finish Middle School and grow old enough to flunk out or quit Highscool your attitude will will have matured enough so that you won't be a menace on the roads.

I actually suspect you are a troll but decided to answer your post anyway. If you are not a troll then you are exceptionally dense if you can't grasp the concept that there are too many factors beyond even the best driver's control to make racing on public roads a reasonable idea EVER!

No one ever plans/means to hurt anyone when racing or driving drunk - but once you do hurt or kill someone there is NO WAY to take it back EVER!! Keep your juvenile speed fetish on the track where it belongs. If you hurt yourself or others at the track, at least everyone KNEW what they were getting into!!

Old 05-29-2003, 04:25 PM

LOL all I have to say is you questioning my education is funny. I have recently gotten excepted to NorthEasten in boston, but thats besides to point. We have too differing opinions, lets just keep it at that. I agree that racing is dangerous but there are times when it is fun, like having a go with someone on the highway. Regardless of our views your condescending tone is uncalled for, and just makes you seem like an arogant ***. To you I may be a troll, whatever that is fine, we will see where we are in ten years. You should never make assumptions about people who you do not know... Have a good day, and life

Old 05-29-2003, 06:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

People race there cars its usualy in good fun,...

...until someone pulls out in front of you, a wreck occurs, someone dies, and you find yourself in court on charges of 2nd degree murder.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 05-29-2003, 11:29 PM

You are rite i cant deny that

Old 05-30-2003, 01:01 PM

You may want to brush up on spelling and grammar for college bro:

"gotten excepted"
"boston"
"too differing opinions"
"lets"
"arogant"

Good job on "condescending" though and I agree on never making assumptions.

03.5 Sedan AT (Black-Willow-Premium-Sport-Aero-GG Grounding Kit)

Old 05-30-2003, 01:11 PM

Maybe Dabearz454 has never had a traffic ticket or been in an accident to realize the consequences. Keep it on the track, street racers.

Everyone will witness the rage and street racing on June 6th no doubt. 2 Fast 2 Furious is opening that night and if it was anything like the first movie on opening night, all the hot street racing spots will be full. Full of cops as well...stay outta trouble fellow G35 drivers.

It's still a G thang!!

Old 05-30-2003, 01:22 PM

I'm a G35 6MT girl--well mom of a couple teenage kids (implying some age and maybe experience?). Anyway... a couple things. First, I hate to see things deterioriate to ad hominem attacks and use of profanity (even with the blanks).
It's a very civilized board so let's all try to keep it that way. As for spelling and grammar, (I'm an editor), most folks don't pay attention to that in email or message boards anymore, so there's not a big correlation with education and spelling.
And, with regard to saving it all for the track--the main thing the drivers' schools running at any track teach is safety first. Personally, I wouldn't wanna be on the track with anyone who had a cavalier attitude and just wanted to drive fast. I've seen those people total their cars because of a little too much ego. Driving safely at high speeds requires a thorough understanding the physics of 3500 pound vehicles in all conditions. On a public road, the probability that one can account for all the unexpected things that could happen as one drives at high speed is extremely small. And the probability that one would know how to react to avoid disaster in time is even smaller.

You wouldn't catch De Ferran, Castroneves, Schumaker, Dixon, Andretti, Sarah Fisher (gotta get a girl in there) or any of those folks from IRL, CART, Formula 1 etc. taking that kind of risk on a public road. The best drivers in the world are actually the most risk aversive because they have seen it all and know what can happen.

So, let's be civil to each other, be safe out there on the road, and enjoy our G's speed in the right place and circumstances.

Dreams garnet fire/graphite leather 6MT 2003.5 premium/aero/winter

Old 05-30-2003, 03:39 PM

Amen. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

It's still a G thang!!

Old 05-30-2003, 05:37 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well said!

<font color=green>GG</font color=green>

Old 05-31-2003, 03:16 PM

ok? try to remember that i was not the one who was racing, and i could care less about spelling, u guys are friggen mean... my apologies about previous posts with foul language... that wasnt rite, it just made me look immature, i just dont like how all of this turned on me, i wasnt racing, i just dont have a problem with it... very sorry again

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by Dabearz454 on 05/31/03 12:18 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 05-31-2003, 04:17 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

It's ok bro. No harm done. It's easy to get emotional when talking about this kind of stuff. I like speed and 'careful' racing too, but when I think back to my 25 yrs. as Firefighter and all of the gut wreching calls we had to deal with concerning drivers, especially young ones, I tend to err on the side of caution most of the time. And It sounds like we all feel the same way.
You're right about the spelling---- we're all pretty good at deciphering each other's posts at times. Kinda fun........
Let's all take care out there guys and gals, Safe and happy motoring.........[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=green>GSM</font color=green>

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Outrunning a IS300