Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 10:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need babblefish to translate this thread

Old 04-01-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by soad
no im not, and thnx jk wright for the calling out of some dumb a** honda gardguet f***'s. i gues 1nc a punck allways a punck grow up. and you dont like my point of view eat a d**k
Huh?

Old 04-01-2005, 11:00 AM
gardguet:
What is that word supposed to be?

Old 04-01-2005, 11:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ok sorry guys , but noone is perfect i gues . whatever fuc* its all good. thanx for you replays , by the way thats a funny *** picture but im nothing like that . peace

Old 04-01-2005, 11:11 AM
I still want to know what "gardguet" is.

Old 04-01-2005, 11:21 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
ok sorry guys , but noone is perfect i gues . whatever fuc* its all good. thanx for you replays , by the way thats a funny *** picture but im nothing like that . peace

Poor Soad. I agree, no one has to be perfect in their grammar and spelling, BUT PLEASE. ^^This stuff makes my head want to explode.

IMHO the use of Internet babble/shortcuts doesn't stay in front of the computers of those that prefer it - it moves into their daily lives.

The average age of the maintenance technicians in my maintenance department is 23. You should see some of the paperwork (leave requests, special requests, re-enlistment requests) that crosses my desk on the way upline. Their 'shortcuts' (although the language above is not like any shortcut I have ever seen) definitely don't stay in the virtual world of the Internet.

You only get one chance to make a first impression - on the Internet I believe that impression is made through your ability to communicate using written words. If the first post you read from someone looked like the one above, what would your first impression be? Age dependent, (don't know how old this guy is) I can tell you what mine was.

DAMN!

Old 04-01-2005, 11:37 AM
Someone please tell me how I brought in to question anyone's intelligence. All the wording I chose was used in the first person

In other words, my post was just as much poking fun at my inability to read a post that had so much abbreviations, jargon and slang. My 14 year old spends much time in chat rooms with his friends so obviously he speaks the language.

My reference to my career, as some referred to as bragging, was only to defend statements made concerning my intelligence -- which some felt was necessary to bring in to question because my response did not fit what they wanted to read.

Seems people will read in what they expect to hear and ignore the context and intent in which it was written. But you really don't know me so how can you question my intents or motives??? -- Ask me and I'll be happy to give you an honest answer.

The fact That I responded to his comments about the TL in a positive way, in my mind, demonstrated my attempt to support his position but somehow the entire post was contrued as an attempt at bashing him.

Last edited by BbyG35; 04-01-2005 at 11:45 AM.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:10 PM
raises all-in
Those who are trying to defend this guy need to get your heads out of your a$$es in your feeble attempts to be noble.

It's NOT about "internet lingo" or "internet shorthand"!!! It's about basic communication skills. I use shorthand all the time (especially in chat rooms), but I still sound intelligent and mature.

There is nothing intelligent or mature about this:

no im not, and thnx jk wright for the calling out of some dumb a** honda gardguet f***'s. i gues 1nc a punck allways a punck grow up. and you dont like my point of view eat a d**k

Clean that up using proper grammar and you STILL have trash!

Old 04-01-2005, 12:57 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dirrtybear
Those who are trying to defend this guy need to get your heads out of your a$$es in your feeble attempts to be noble.

It's NOT about "internet lingo" or "internet shorthand"!!! It's about basic communication skills. I use shorthand all the time (especially in chat rooms), but I still sound intelligent and mature.

There is nothing intelligent or mature about this:

Clean that up using proper grammar and you STILL have trash!
Eff you first of all. Second of all, you definatley do not sound mature telling people to take their heads out of their ***. Go figure, intelligent? hah.

Old 04-01-2005, 01:59 PM
seriously...whats a gardguet?

Old 04-01-2005, 02:12 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Maybe French for "a word no one will ever understand or decode?"

Maybe the word 'graduate' horribly mis-formed?

Just like the Tootsie Pop, the world may never know.

:-)

Old 04-01-2005, 02:17 PM
Just one thing

Perception is, unfortunately, everything in the world. Get use to it or expect people to correct you or just ignore your input. This is how the world works, no disrespect intended. Just the truth.

Old 04-01-2005, 02:23 PM
raises all-in
Originally Posted by Nickk6
Eff you first of all. Second of all, you definatley do not sound mature telling people to take their heads out of their ***. Go figure, intelligent? hah.
Oh, and you sound mature saying "eff you first of all"?

Hmm, so do you think that guy's post was intelligent? If you do, it goes to show YOUR level of intelligence! LOL!

Old 04-01-2005, 02:27 PM
I've asked my brother to translate what SOAD wrote. Here goes:

"ok sorry guys , but noone is perfect i gues . whatever fuc* its all good. thanx for you replays , by the way thats a funny *** picture but im nothing like that"
means --
I would like to apologize to everyone on the forum. I suppose that no one is perfect, and I admit that I am not a English major and therefore can not write well. Thanks to everyone who replied, I really enjoyed the comments, especially the picture though I must state that I do not resemble the person nor the other two in the picture.

God bless America and its freedom of speech. Everyone may not like it but at least the constitution allows us to be ourselves, no matter how good our grammar.

Old 04-01-2005, 02:32 PM
raises all-in
Originally Posted by kaigenx
seriously...whats a gardguet?
Well in the context which was used, it's definately a noun, and it has something to do with Honda.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.