G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Photos of Ivory Pearl 6MT sedan with tint

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 10:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Photos of Ivory Pearl 6MT sedan with tint

Hello all,

I took the car in for window tinting today. I went with a different film this time around. I'd used SolarGenics metalized film on the last two cars. (One is silver, the other was gray.) The SolarGenics has a really sharp grayish-bluish tint to it that goes well with non-earthy paint colors. I didn't think it would go so well with my Ivory Pearl car, which has creamy undertones to it.

So I went back to a film I'd used nearly 15 years ago on my white Sentra SE-R, Solar Gard. It's also a metalized lifetime film that has a vaguely bronzish hue to it. It looks great with Ivory Pearl IMHO. Sitting next to my wife's G20, the basic color of the Solar Gard film is warmer. And from inside the car in direct sunlight, the filtered light appears more golden than grayish as it does with the SolarGenics. The film wears well, too. I had the Solar Gard on my SE-R for 10 years in the Texas sun and it never faded, bubbled, blistered or peeled.

I went with the Texas legal limit on film darkness, which used to be 28 percent on the side windows and as dark as you like on the back window. The law changed in 2003 according to the tint guy, though, and now it's 25 percent on the side, darker than black on the back if you like. I told him, "Just keep the cops off my rear, okay?"

I think that works out to 25-25-35 in my case. The results are below. Thanks for looking!

Attached Thumbnails Photos of Ivory Pearl 6MT sedan with tint-g35-front-side-tint-small-.jpg   Photos of Ivory Pearl 6MT sedan with tint-g35-rear-3qtr-tint-2-small-.jpg  
Old 04-01-2005, 11:33 PM
beautiful.......great choice in color jk..........just love IP.........here's mine

Attached Thumbnails Photos of Ivory Pearl 6MT sedan with tint-twins2.jpg   Photos of Ivory Pearl 6MT sedan with tint-twins3.jpg  
Old 04-02-2005, 12:19 AM
Hi Wil

I am going for my window tints tomorrow and going for huper optik with 30 allround. Initially decided on Madico Onyx but the shop said that i may have difficulty in my radio reception with Madico Onyx specially AM channels.

Is that a fact. Is there any downsides with huper

Appreciate if u could reply asap

Thanks

Old 04-02-2005, 01:37 AM
This is true. Huper is a great film offering maximum heat reduction while maintaining high visibility. The only downside to Huper is that heat shaping the rear film tends to create ghosting effects that usually shows up on the bottom corners. However, this ghosting effect is only visible in certain lighting conditions and at certain angles........most people don't notice it at all.

Old 04-02-2005, 02:12 AM
Hi Wil

Want to clarify that when u mean its true, is it that madico onyx film creates radio frequency problems.

Does it happen on Huper also. Other than the ghosting effect there is no other issues with Huper and it offers max heat reduction.

So i will go with Huper..

Old 04-02-2005, 03:34 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
JK, nice job, looks great.

Old 04-02-2005, 05:03 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice cars, white is my favorite on the G, just couldn't go to white after having the ease of silver.

Old 04-02-2005, 05:24 AM
looking good

Old 04-02-2005, 08:01 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Hey Wil, looks like you had your lowers painted on the sedan. Any problems with chipping? How much did it cost?

Both cars look great.

Old 04-02-2005, 10:35 AM
raises all-in
Very sharp JKW! Is it just me, or did you lower the car? Maybe it's the lighting.

Old 04-02-2005, 12:20 PM
basus - Huper, V-kool, Madico Nano are all nano-technology films which uses a 3 layering process w/ ceramics. The technology that goes behind these films were created for maximum heat reduction, high visibility, and for use on all cars. Madico Onyx is a metallized film that could distort some wireless signals if the customer chooses to go w/ a darker tint..........the lighter Onyx (35 / 50), doesn't do much to these signals tho.

Other than this minor ghosting issue w/ nano-film, these companies will provide you the best in heat reduction.

harley01 - nope, no problems w/ chipping.........clear braed it right after the paint was baked..........

JKW - it's seeing your car that makes me want to trading mine in for the newer Gs

Old 04-02-2005, 01:02 PM
That looks great and thanks for the info. I'll be looking to get my windows tinted soon as well and I always thought a bronze-ish tint would look good on an Ivory car.

I love those rims too, I wish I could've gotten them on my 04 x.

Old 04-02-2005, 01:51 PM
JkWright and Will you guys cars look awesome. Ip looks fantastic with tint.

Old 04-02-2005, 03:34 PM
You guys are awfully nice. Thanks for the compliments!

Wil: Am I seeing double, or do you own both a coupe and a sedan? Man they look great. I love the wheels on the sedan. And I know what you mean about the '05 styling changes. That's what finally pushed me over the edge to get one.

Nickk6: You're right about silver being a snap to keep clean. My old Altima was pewter, which was even easier. IP so far has been about what I remember from white. Springtime pollen and dust don't show at all compared to silver/gray, but anything black -- road tar, bugs, grime, Armor All splashoff -- can be seen from 30 paces. Six of one and a half-dozen of the other I suppose.

Dirrtybear: No lowering. Must be the lighting combined with my poor photography skills. But I do think the 18" wheels, even though the overall tire diameter is practically identical, give the illusion of filling in the wheelwells better.

Everyone else: Again, thanks for the kind words!

BTW, I can verify what other '05 owners have said about the brake changes as regards to dusting. My G35 dusts its wheels even less than my wife's G20, which already did a pretty minor job of that. I can go a week or more of 75/25 highway/city driving with only a very light dusting on all four wheels. It's so light, in fact, that I need to run a finger across a wheelplane to see the dust. I guess lawsuits (or the threat thereof), huge numbers of complaints and forced brake warranties did the trick. How simple.