G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

05 Rattles and Clicks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 02:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 Rattles and Clicks

Hey guys,

I've had my 05 Sedan for a couple months now and I'm so annoyed by the clicking/rattling sound coming from the driver side head beam/window area (right next to my ear). It only happens when I have the stereo past 15 or so or I'm driving over bumpy road.

I know this was a problem for the prior year G's, but I'm surprised that it still exists on the 05 model. Anyone else experience similar noises?

Old 04-08-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by xtyper
Hey guys,

I've had my 05 Sedan for a couple months now and I'm so annoyed by the clicking/rattling sound coming from the driver side head beam/window area (right next to my ear). It only happens when I have the stereo past 15 or so or I'm driving over bumpy road.

I know this was a problem for the prior year G's, but I'm surprised that it still exists on the 05 model. Anyone else experience similar noises?
Yep, I think I've got the same thing. My biggest complaint right now is the doors, tho. Both the passenger and driver doors rattle during moderate bass and simply pressing your elbow into the door stops the rattle. Naturally, the dealer "didn't hear it" on my last service visit.

Old 04-08-2005, 03:11 PM
FWIW, I have an '04 coupe and I hear rattling and clicks coming from the center of the dash board area. Began hearing them after 3000 miles. At first I was like WTF?? I owned a '96 Lexus ES300 and that car was tight even up to 25K when I traded it in. I guess I was expecting a 2004 Infiniti to be at least as tight as that car was. Nope. In all honesty, I believe Lexus still makes a higher quality car, but their new ES300 looks like a boat, they discountinued their SC300/400 coupes, and now if you want a sporty coupe you have to spend enough for two G's and have a back seat that can't even hold "Plankton" from Spongebob Squarepants. Yeah, and the dealers can't compete either.

I remember having a rattle on my Lexus' rear deck. Took it to the dealer and the service mgr was all over the thing trying to figure it out and apologizing and asking if they could drive it to figure it out... Take it to an Infin dealer and they won't care half as much. At least not the two I've been to. I just gave up obsessing over it.

Old 04-08-2005, 03:21 PM
I am having the same exact problems as infocalypse describes -- my rattles are definitely in the doors. Based on my limited analysis, it seems that the door panels have become loose and are rattling against the actual door frame...

It is becoming increasingly irritating... I am going to schedule an appointment next week to have them fix -- will let you know the results.

Old 04-08-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by infocalypse
Yep, I think I've got the same thing. My biggest complaint right now is the doors, tho. Both the passenger and driver doors rattle during moderate bass and simply pressing your elbow into the door stops the rattle. Naturally, the dealer "didn't hear it" on my last service visit.
My 04 sedan does the same thing. I had it in once and they fixed the noise from the B pillar. However, they said they could not reproduce the sound . They have a fix for the 03 model and said mine was an 04...gues it was produced late 03 cause I bought it Feb 04. It is just not convenient to bring it in...ARGH...trading it in is easier... maybe I should just get thediesel passat.

Old 04-08-2005, 04:14 PM
Just checking in, same rattles here. I think my rear passanger door does it as well.

05 X

-SF

Old 04-08-2005, 07:32 PM
Florida G35 Club
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by xtyper
Hey guys,

I have the same noises in my '05 coming from both B-pillars. I also have pops coming from the arm rests on both doors that go away when I press on the panels. I hope the dealer can get rid of the noises.

Old 04-14-2005, 01:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
same annoying rattles

I vented a while back on this thread:

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v35-2003-06/49819-interior-creak-do-you-have-sound.html

Luckily they've managed to fix the wiper problem, but my rattles are still there. I received a follow up call from dealership and my response was that it was not fixed and I was sick of this and I'll probably be back sometime in the fall. Maybe I should just bring it to another dealer?

Old 04-14-2005, 01:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 04-14-2005, 01:14 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
thanks

I'll have to check it out. I can't believe people who get paid to do this for a living SUCK AT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again.

Old 04-14-2005, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by G35sedanman
My 04 sedan does the same thing. I had it in once and they fixed the noise from the B pillar. However, they said they could not reproduce the sound . They have a fix for the 03 model and said mine was an 04...gues it was produced late 03 cause I bought it Feb 04. It is just not convenient to bring it in...ARGH...trading it in is easier... maybe I should just get thediesel passat.

Ohh Man i thought i was the only one with this problem , so I never wanted to bother the dealer, I have an 03 G, so u are saying there is an acutal fix for 03, maybe i should tell them about it so that i can get it fixed.

Old 04-14-2005, 04:57 PM
raises all-in
No rattle/sqeak problems here except for my rear view mirror at certain angles. I found the angle where it doesn't rattle, so I'm all set.

Old 04-14-2005, 06:46 PM
No real rattling problems for me except the glass of the inside rear-view mirror 'shakes' all the time making the image fuzzy. It's OK when I squeeze the top and bottom of the bezal.

Old 04-14-2005, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by fullofivy
No real rattling problems for me except the glass of the inside rear-view mirror 'shakes' all the time making the image fuzzy. It's OK when I squeeze the top and bottom of the bezal.
You might want to try tightening up the screw on the rear view mirror. Mine actually got knocked off! It takes a metric torque set screwdriver.

Old 04-14-2005, 08:33 PM
jrookie,

The mirror assembly is snug. The set screw is tight. The glass mirror that is set in the bezel is what's 'shaking'. I will bring it in to get checked out soon. Will let you guys know. Thanks.