G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Top residual value winner -- G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 08:26 PM
awm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Top residual value winner -- G35

Don't know if you all have seen this, yet, but thought it might be of interest.

http://autos.msn.com/advice/article....=Home&pos=Edit

Scroll down to check out the Top Ten list and the "Near Luxury" category. Hey, at least they didn't say "Near Sport Sedan"...

Andy

Old 04-10-2005, 12:23 AM
it's sad that not one american car is on the list. they continue to bastardize the value of american cars with their pricing policies.

Old 04-10-2005, 07:20 AM
Originally Posted by jadaway2
it's sad that not one american car is on the list. they continue to bastardize the value of american cars with their pricing policies.
I would MUCH rather buy an American car - because of how the Japanese used unfair practices to enter the US Auto Market and electronics market. Not trying to start a flame war - I am planning on buying a G35x. I'd prefer though to buy American or German because of that.

That being said - the future for the US auto manufactures well, a bit bleak - especially for GM.

$2200 per car for healthcare and pension costs? I don't know how they recover from that.

Old 04-11-2005, 08:02 AM
I agree with everyone here. It seems that the japanese cars have it all over the american models for quality and resale. The only time I would buy american is for a solid pickup, but foreign makers are looking more towards that market as well.

Old 04-11-2005, 08:21 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Guys, I hate to say this, but they are specifically talking about the coupe, not the sedan. The Sedan doesn't have the highest residual..

Old 04-11-2005, 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by DingoNY
I would MUCH rather buy an American car - because of how the Japanese used unfair practices to enter the US Auto Market and electronics market. Not trying to start a flame war - I am planning on buying a G35x. I'd prefer though to buy American or German because of that.
What's unfair about selling a product cheaply? I agree w/ you on wanting to avoid a flame fest, but I'm always surprised when someone calls out 'unfair trading practices' when a country wants to sell me something cheap.

Originally Posted by DingoNY
That being said - the future for the US auto manufactures well, a bit bleak - especially for GM.
$2200 per car for healthcare and pension costs? I don't know how they recover from that.
True dat...My guess is that it'll take a collapse and re-org by GM to get themselves outta the hole they've put themselves in.

Old 04-11-2005, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by JasonJ75
What's unfair about selling a product cheaply? I agree w/ you on wanting to avoid a flame fest, but I'm always surprised when someone calls out 'unfair trading practices' when a country wants to sell me something cheap.
It's about how they did it.

If our government got together with banks, steel manufcturers, and boat builders - and all deliberately collaborated to put Japanese shipbuilders out of business... By taking long term losses, utilizing the banks to support those losses with low or 0 interest loans, etc...

Well - I would say that would be an unaiir buisness practice.

That is essentially what was done in the electronics business.

I was talking or read somewhere that now that is what is happening to Japan with China technology and manufacturing.

Old 04-11-2005, 02:36 PM
Well there is collusion in a lot of countries. What about our (USA) farmers and previously our steel? Airbus in Europe!?! There are many examples, but I do agree I don't like it. Then again I don't wan't one red cent of mine going to UAW.

Old 04-11-2005, 02:45 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Actually, when Datsun premiered in the US, nobody bought their cars because they were inexpensive. They had to raise the price for people to feel any perceived value, then they sold like hotcakes.

I don't get this place.

G

Old 04-11-2005, 03:16 PM
residual value.

The G Sedan is 58% and the coupe was 61%. This is pretty good since the acura tl was 55%

Old 04-11-2005, 03:51 PM
Form or Function
High residual = great leasing candidate.
On the *** car builder note, I thought that I heard that one of the reasons that the big 3 *** car builders Nissan, Toyota, Honda introduced Infiniti, Lexus, Acura respectively, was to get around some regulations on how many cars they could import. By renaming the cars it allowed them to import more cars in total. Subsequently, they built plants here in the US to side step things again. There was some more bad press(truth) regarding how Japanese execs felt about American products that kept me from buying Japanese products for 10 or so yrs.
This is part of the reason that I will keep my 'American' named Nissan badged as an Infiniti.
Incidentally the Inifiniti G, even as the 20, has historically held their value.

Old 04-11-2005, 04:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A used G sedan is an amazing buy. I mean if you consider the other cars in the 22 - 25 range, the G sedan is a great car. For a sedan. The problem with the sedan is that they are available as rental cars, specifically through enterprise. The rental return has destroyed car values, take a look at GM used cars. Fleet vehicles bring down the used value of the model. It absolutely destroys it. a sunfire or buick of any kind loses 5k just by driving it off the lot.

Old 04-11-2005, 07:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tgenius
Guys, I hate to say this, but they are specifically talking about the coupe, not the sedan. The Sedan doesn't have the highest residual..
Maybe, but they don't seperate it, it just lists the Infiniti G35, no coupe or sedan designation.

ALG Ratings

Old 04-12-2005, 11:46 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by ashadiow
A used G sedan is an amazing buy. I mean if you consider the other cars in the 22 - 25 range, the G sedan is a great car. For a sedan. The problem with the sedan is that they are available as rental cars, specifically through enterprise. The rental return has destroyed car values, take a look at GM used cars. Fleet vehicles bring down the used value of the model. It absolutely destroys it. a sunfire or buick of any kind loses 5k just by driving it off the lot.
Since when do Rentals have G35s? That does suck if true.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Top residual value winner -- G35