G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Auto Lock

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 12:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auto Lock

Hi,

Can you have the G35 Door locks to be automatic. I want to get mine loced automatically if i reach speeds more than 15mph.

Thanks
Praveen

Old 04-11-2005, 02:29 PM
that's the geriatric option I think... We were able to lock all our doors for years ourlselves... just hit the door lock before you reach 15

Old 04-11-2005, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by mickey3c
that's the geriatric option I think...
LMAO!

Old 04-11-2005, 03:55 PM
Back in the good ole days you locked your own doors and could even move the car out of park without stepping on the brake until the audi incident... The sudden acceleration episode that caused a few accidents. I know someone who ran their kid into the garage wall with one. But then I doubted if they were able to operate car regardless...

Old 04-11-2005, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the Suggestion of locking the doors myself. The reason i asked this question is I am too lazy to do that :-) and i am very forgetfull about that. My wife is always yelling at me to lock the doors. I want to stop that. Since this has become some thing which is configurable in almost all the cars I thought, may be it can be done.

Old 04-11-2005, 06:11 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dpbhyd
Thanks for the Suggestion of locking the doors myself. The reason i asked this question is I am too lazy to do that :-) and i am very forgetfull about that. My wife is always yelling at me to lock the doors. I want to stop that. Since this has become some thing which is configurable in almost all the cars I thought, may be it can be done.
HAHA...instead of your wife yelling at you. Why don't you have her lock it herself. You do the driving and all she does is hit the LOCK button when you start driving.

Old 04-11-2005, 06:11 PM
This is the address for a module that willl let you roll your windows UP and will lock your doors when you start the engine. He is a frequent contributor to the site.

www.KPtechnologies.com

I have not done this yet.

Old 04-11-2005, 07:26 PM
most of us look for ways to DISABLE this feature from our cars!

Old 04-11-2005, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by froeman
most of us look for ways to DISABLE this feature from our cars!
I think it is a darn good safety feature.

I like knowing my car is locked at all times when I pull up to a stop sign. When I move into a G35x - it will be hard to remember to lock my doors all the time.

Old 04-11-2005, 08:08 PM
Personally, I agree that locked doors are a good idea. They keep others out and they help keep you in an accident. You are almost always much safer inside a car than being thrown out in an accident.

In cars that lock automatically you can open them after they lock while in gear, can't you? It's been a while since I had an automatic door locker.

I may get this mod at some point.

Old 04-11-2005, 09:34 PM
It's not the critic......
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
KP makes a good product for auto door lock and window roll up feature, easy to install and works as advertised.......BUT the doors lock after 6 seconds of turning the key on.......so if you are sitting in your car with the door open and start your car (or turn the key to the on position), the doors lock after 6 seconds.......if you get out of your car and close the door without UNLOCKING the doors.......BAM the car is locked with the keys inside and the engine is running if you started it. You better carry the extra key in your pocket at all times or have a hide a key or you can get into trouble! I have done this twice!

Old 04-11-2005, 10:54 PM
According to their site, the door lock program can be made inoperative, or reactivated, if you wish.

Unfortunately, I managed to lock myself out once from my stock G35, something I didn't think I could do. Luckily I did have the wallet key and my wallet was not in the bin where I sometimes leave it! I'm not sure how I did it, but my winter coat may have brushed the driver's door lock closed when I got out, with the engine running, to get something from the trunk. I was three hours from home and slightly shook up by this.

Old 04-12-2005, 07:29 AM
Originally Posted by dpbhyd

Time for a new wife I think.. Or... find something to nag her about that she never does and I think that maybe the lock nag will go away..LOL...

Old 04-12-2005, 07:32 AM
Originally Posted by Andy77
Personally, I agree that locked doors are a good idea. They keep others out and they help keep you in an accident. You are almost always much safer inside a car than being thrown out in an accident.

In cars that lock automatically you can open them after they lock while in gear, can't you? It's been a while since I had an automatic door locker.

I may get this mod at some point.

A locked door can still open in an accident. Or worse yet if the locking mechanism fails to unlock after an accident you might be stuck in the car...

They are more for safety against people opening the door while driving.

Old 04-12-2005, 04:46 PM
^^ I would respectfully disagree with Mickey3c above. I believe that studies show that locked doors are less likely to pop open in an accident. Being locked in would be bad, but rescuers can (easily) break a window, if the accident hasn't already done it. I carry a small hammer and seat belt cutter in the glove box (it is recommended that it be kept on the console or dash, but I don't). So overall, I'm happier with the doors locked at all times.

I have been thinking of hiding a key on the outside of the car, but have not come up with a good spot yet. If anyone has one, maybe you should PM it rather than post it for any miscreants to see. Thanks

I hope being locked in (or out) is never an issue for any of us.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Auto Lock