G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Crashed G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 02:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crashed G35

The bad news is my G35 Sedan I loved is gone...totaled .

The good news is I walked away without a scratch. Four of my airbags deployed...the 2 front, driver's side, and the left side head protection air curtain. I was going abbout 70 mph on the highway when a commercial truck which was working on the median pulled in front of me in the left lane; I hit him while he may have been doing about 30 mph and I was cruising at 70 mph (although since I slammed on my brakes, I may have been doing about 60 at the point of impact). As you can see from the pics (sorry they were taken on the scene with my cell phone's VGA camera), my beloved G35 was demolished, but I crawled out the front passenger door without any injuries. So, for all of you wanting to know about the true safety of your G35, don't worry, you should feel very confident that you're driving a VERY SAFE sports sedan!!

More good news...I will be driving our loaded '03 FX35 (which my wife has been driving for the past 1 1/2 years), so at least I will still be enjoying the Nissan/Infiniti VQ 280HP engine and all the FX's goodies. More fun (and safe) driving ahead. We're picking up our new Honda Pilot EXL with DVD player for my wife tomorrow.

More bad news...since I will not be driving a G35 (for a while anyway), I will not be visiting G35Driver.com too often. I will miss G35Driver.com as I have learned a lot over the past year and enjoyed many, many hours (at my wife's complaints I might add ) visiting and posting on G35Driver.com. So, for all those newbies on here...stay here and have fun! I may get a new G in early '07 or maybe a new M35/45...ha ha. So, for now, everyone take care and I may see you soon.

Attached Thumbnails Crashed G35-infiniti-g35-accident1-4-11-05.jpg   Crashed G35-infiniti-g35-accident6-4-11-05.jpg   Crashed G35-infiniti-g35-accident2-4-11-05.jpg   Crashed G35-infiniti-g35-accident4-4-11-05.jpg   Crashed G35-infiniti-g35-accident3-4-11-05.jpg  

Last edited by bsgoren; 04-12-2005 at 08:16 PM.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:28 PM
I'm so glad to hear that you're okay. Take care and write if you get a new G35.

Cale

Old 04-12-2005, 02:32 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
WOW....
I'm really sorry to hear about this...

I'm happy that you walked away from it.
I know we all love our G, but when all said & done; they are replacable.
But, we only get one ride through life.

Stay in touch...
The next gen '07 G should be interesting.

Old 04-12-2005, 03:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
OMG! Sorry to hear that bro. As long as your okay, it's all good. Take care!

Old 04-12-2005, 03:29 PM
Don't drink and Mag Race
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The best part of your post: " I walked away without a scratch."

My condolences for your loss; I am glad to see our cars are able to protect us as well as they do. We will miss your input on this board.

W

Old 04-12-2005, 03:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is crazy! Good thing you are OK. What is going to happen to the car? Did the insurance company total it? Did you get what it is worth? I hope so. Are they going to let you at the car so that you car part out your mods? I hope so on that too.

You should try and get the Z tube, plenum spacer, grounding wires, etc. out so that you can make a little extra cash selling them here. Maybe make a little something off of your huge loss.

You being OK makes me feel really good about our purchase of the G. That is a VERY MAJOR hit, and you walked away unscathed. That is awesome. Another story of the G saving people.

SO what is next? no payment? are you going to get something different?

Old 04-12-2005, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by ashadiow
That is crazy! Good thing you are OK. What is going to happen to the car? Did the insurance company total it? Did you get what it is worth? I hope so. Are they going to let you at the car so that you car part out your mods? I hope so on that too.

You should try and get the Z tube, plenum spacer, grounding wires, etc. out so that you can make a little extra cash selling them here. Maybe make a little something off of your huge loss.

You being OK makes me feel really good about our purchase of the G. That is a VERY MAJOR hit, and you walked away unscathed. That is awesome. Another story of the G saving people.

SO what is next? no payment? are you going to get something different?

I don't care about the mods, although technically, I could probably use the Z tube, K&N air filter, MD Plenum Spacer, and GG grounding wires for my FX35, but some could be damaged and I've already released the car to my insurance co. Frankly, I couldn't care less about the mods right now. As far as another car goes, we're picking up a new '05 Honda Pilot for my wife tomorrow as I will be driving the FX now. She loved driving the FX35 but didn't like the lack of space she really needs for her work stuff and kiddy stuff. She's been talking about getting a Honda Pilot with 3 rows of seats and more room for a while now. I hope she'll be happy with it. I've heard the Pilot is very good, it drives nice, and it has very high safety ratings from the IIHS and the Gov't as well; a few neighbors have the Honda Pilot and love them.

Anyhow, yes - the most important thing is I came out fine with no injuries and although I'll miss driving my G35, I'm sure I'll be somewhat reminded of it while driving around in the FX35. Although it's not as fast (weighing more than 4,000 lbs.), I sure love the growl of the FX (still could never duplicate the FX exhaust sound even with my Coupe midpipe); plus, our FX35 has more goodies than my G35 did...I have the 20" wheels, sport suspension, Navi system, Intelligent Key system, laser-guided cruise control, rear-view camera, 300w stereo, and of course, the DVD player for the back!

Attached Thumbnails Crashed G35-bgoren-g35-sedan.jpg   Crashed G35-infiniti-fx35-garage-9-2-04.jpg  

Last edited by bsgoren; 04-12-2005 at 08:18 PM.
Old 04-12-2005, 07:00 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Wow......freaky pictures. I am glad you are OK.

Old 04-12-2005, 07:10 PM
I'm glad you are not hurt. What happened to the other driver? Good luck with your new car.

Old 04-12-2005, 07:29 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
So glad you made it thru OK bro.
One of the biggest advantages of having a very safe ride.
Hope you're back in a G soon, and that you'll still visit here often.

Colin

Old 04-12-2005, 07:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love those sunburst colored FX SUcrossover things. If I were you I wouldn't care too much bout the mods either, but you make a good point, they would fit awful nice on the FX. what is it that makes the FX's exhaust sound so nice? is it a higher flow exhaust? is it true duals? that is interesting. I have never driven one, I have always wanted to. Hopefully everything works out good for you on the crash though. did you go to the hospital? My wife totalled a '99 cougar one night and we didn't go to the doctor till the next day and the other drivers insurance company (16 yo kid crossed into her lane on a curve and hit us head on) had a fit when her lower back started to bother her the next day and I had a few huge bruises on my legs that we decided to have checked out. I hope everything works out for you.

Old 04-12-2005, 07:55 PM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sedan
Whew! Glad you're A-OK.

Old 04-12-2005, 09:13 PM
Wow BSORGEN, sorry about your car but glad you are OK. Looks like the G is a mess! Is it totaled?

Old 04-12-2005, 09:23 PM
Sorry to hear about this, glad your O.K. and unhurt.

Old 04-12-2005, 09:29 PM
Glad to hear you are OK. My vote is for the M45. Or maybe an STS-V.

Mark

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Crashed G35