G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Steering Wheel Controls - just me?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 08:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by garry
My '05 has old codger reflectors
Really? Wow - the '05x that I looked at - I could swear did not. I just thought it was a little peculiar, and so did the car dealer friend of mine who was with me at the dealership.

Old 04-16-2005, 08:22 PM
Mine's a Coupe.

Old 04-16-2005, 10:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by garry
Mine's a Coupe.
Longer doors maybe? My G is with my wife in another city so i can't run outside to check. If I do have them I have never noticed. maybe I have been too distracted by the accelerator pedal

I do know however that my Mom's Buick park avenue has them along with some really big buttons with big letters on them.

Old 04-17-2005, 09:20 AM
I don't think DingoNY is really being negative. He asked a question and we can help him with it.

MUTE- the power off button is actually better than a mute button. If you power off a CD and then turn it on, it restarts where you left it. If you could mute it, the CD would keep playing and then you'd have to go back. Speaking of which:

I don't find the wheel controls annoying (and the 04's are not illuminated), except that mine don't advance within a CD track-at least I can't do that. I'll check with the dealer at the next service. Our Subaru (02 LL Bean) has no mute button.

My dealer, when I asked about the hood support (feeling it should have a pneumatic support), said something about it being difficult to do since the hood is aluminum. Who knows.

By the way, I outlined the hole the support goes in to with red tape to make it easier for those who are unfamiliar with the car (service stations, family). I did the same with our Subaru.

Keep asking questions and good luck with your decision. (I didn't know there were any Dingos in NY! )

Old 04-17-2005, 10:23 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Andy77

I don't find the wheel controls annoying (and the 04's are not illuminated), except that mine don't advance within a CD track-at least I can't do that. I'll check with the dealer at the next service. Our Subaru (02 LL Bean) has no mute button.

My dealer, when I asked about the hood support (feeling it should have a pneumatic support), said something about it being difficult to do since the hood is aluminum. Who knows.
You can only advance to the next track on the wheel controls, not fast forward. And, my '97 Ford F-150 had an aluminum hood with the pneumatic supports, so that doesn't make sense.

Old 04-17-2005, 10:43 AM
"You can only advance to the next track on the wheel controls, not fast forward. And, my '97 Ford F-150 had an aluminum hood with the pneumatic supports, so that doesn't make sense."

I re-read (again) the manual, and I am afraid you are right about the FF with CDs. When I read it the other day I thought it meant you could do it with CDs, but it seems only tapes.

I thought the hood strut stuff was bogus too, but after I wrote the reply you quote, I saw another recent thread indicating that people have tried these aftermarket and that there were bending problems. You'd think the factory engineers could figure it out, though. Luckily, we don't have to raise the hoods very often.

Old 04-17-2005, 12:57 PM
I don't think DingoNY is really being negative. He asked a question and we can help him with it.
Thank you

I mean it would be different if I came in here and said "I love this car but did they really screw up the following 20 things..."

MUTE- the power off button is actually better than a mute button. If you power off a CD and then turn it on, it restarts where you left it. If you could mute it, the CD would keep playing and then you'd have to go back.
True - I guess it would be nice to have both mute and off. Maybe if my current car had "off" instead of mute, I would have gotten use to using the volume button to quickly mute when I needed to concentrate. But today, in current car - it is just so easy to silence the stereo - it's quite nice actually.

It's funny that I had noticed that on one of my visits to the dealer - that it required a prop-rod. When I saw another post "complain" about it, I tended to agree that the car should have it - but when pepole brought up the hood material, I felt it might be a really good engineering reason for them not to use pneumatics.

By the way, I outlined the hole the support goes in to with red tape to make it easier for those who are unfamiliar with the car (service stations, family). I did the same with our Subaru.
An excellent idea...

Keep asking questions and good luck with your decision. (I didn't know there were any Dingos in NY! )
Thanks - I do understand that everyone loves their cars or else they wouldn't have bought them. And people might naturally take offense at me poiting out "defects" (in my opinion). But if I am still totally interested in the car - even with these little "issues" I find - and really I only know of a few..... It means taht I really do like the car - I just have different perspectives based on my experience, and well I happened to be curious as to what other people thought.

Now I just have to decide between Diamond Graphite (with Stone) and Ivory Peark (with wheat).

There are things I am totally indecisive about... And both colors are beautiful.

Old 04-17-2005, 03:04 PM
Those are both great colors.. What ever you choose best of luck to you. Everyday I drive the G I feel as if I just bought it, its such a great car.

Old 04-17-2005, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by pfizzle
Those are both great colors.. What ever you choose best of luck to you. Everyday I drive the G I feel as if I just bought it, its such a great car.
Just visited my dealer again today - they are closed, but wanted to check out colors and also do a count to get an idea if the Infinit website was accurate or not.

Coming home I saw a G35 coupe on the road...

Times like this I wish I was DingoFL or DingoSC

Old 04-17-2005, 07:11 PM
By the way, one of the nice things about the sedan that I don't see mentioned, and that I didn't realize until a few days after I bought it, is that the rear windows go all the way down. I haven't had that happen in a car in many years.

Both colors are nice, but I fell for the DG at the NY Car Show last year.

Have fun.

Old 04-17-2005, 07:18 PM
By the way, one of the nice things about the sedan that I don't see mentioned, and that I didn't realize until a few days after I bought it, is that the rear windows go all the way down. I haven't had that happen in a car in many years.

Both colors are nice, but I fell for the DG at the NY Car Show last year.

Have fun.
Yeah on my first test drive I noticed that - a bit "strange" these days, but really nice

Old 04-17-2005, 09:31 PM
[QUOTE=DingoNY]I think the design of the radio and cruise controls are well - crap. I mean what is up with a switch you move up or down? Seems so 1980's to me?QUOTE]
That's because the steering wheel comes from the 1986 Nissan Maxima

Old 04-18-2005, 08:09 AM
I also enjoy the fact that the rear windows go all the way down. My last 2 Maximas went only half way. That was annoying. I'll take the steering wheel controls the way they are. They are lighted and they function fine.