G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

sold my sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 09:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
- ABQ_G35 said: "I doubt very seriously the M is moving then either! I think if you took a looka round, most cars are not selling as well, except for the Hybrid's, also, I bet you will also find sales of many products are down, people freak out with gas prices, they aren't that bad, the media gets everyone freaked out! Besides, I read that California is considering a tax on hybrid's to offset the gas tax they aren't paying as much of."

I doubt anyone who will drop $55k on a sedan (M45 or otherwise) is that seriously concerned about gas prices..... and if you are, then shopping for a $55k sedan is the wrong move.

Last edited by SuperCharged; 04-13-2005 at 09:17 PM.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:00 AM
We are still selling lots of cars. Last month I believe we shipped about 190 cars. For a chevy, honda or ford store thats not a lot, but thats good for infiniti considering before the g35's came out 45 cars a month was a good month. All im gonna say is this is the time to wheel and deal. When it gets slow people are more desprate to make a sale so all offers are considered (most of the time). But yes, car sales is a bit slower now as well as service departments, people put so much into gas they dont want to drop another few hundred for services, let alone a $40 oil change. But the strange thing is that lately we have been selling more QX56's than you would believe, were going to about one a day, those puppies are $55k+ and your lucky if you get better than 13mpg...I guess its the whole bling bling image thing thats so popular in so cal. Gas inst an issue for me as it is some folks. You gotta buy it so what does it matter what it costs? Between my 4 vehicles and my boat my bill for gas is usually around $800, for march it was at $950 and change.

Back to the M. I love it. Given what my price on the M is and the value of my practically new G it only cost me around $12k to upgrade. The price difference didnt hurt me, when I got home and realized that I needed to move the boat trailer and my truck was out of gas so I filled it up and the total was $70 and change...that hurt. What I like the most about driving the M is that when you hit the shifter over into manual mode it comes closer to you as opposed to the G where it goes away from you, it makes it feel more sporty. I went with silver and black intiror, just like my G had. Im talking with the parts guys to get me some axis wheels, thats probobly all I will do to it, maybe some tint. The adaptive lights are also cool but IMO a regular stationary light works just fine.

Old 04-14-2005, 12:29 AM
Congratulations G35Mechanic. It sounds like a great car. I sat in one at my dealer when I was there for an oil change on the G and it seemed very nice.

On a related note, I hope you continue to hang around here and keep giving us good information and advice-we appreciate it.

Keep enjoying it

Old 04-14-2005, 12:26 PM
Good googly moogly now that is what I call an upgrade. Cheers to you G35mechanic. Nice purchase.

Old 04-14-2005, 12:42 PM
Lip
I too was very impressed with the M45- Just what the doctor ordered.
If Infiniti keeps this up, I can see being a customer for a long time.

Now if only there is a way to retrofit the auto shift lever from the M into my G...I really like that piece that's in that car.