G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Infiniti Dealers are all ripoffs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 07:23 PM
Out of many - one people
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Infiniti Dealers are all ripoffs

I took my car in today for warranty service and since I was at @ 22000 miles I had them do that service as well. The warranty service consisted of brakes and the head unit. They replaced the rear brakes and resurfaced its rotors , but they did not touch the front brakes because they had aftermarket pads on. The problem with the head unit is that whenever i play CD'S the left speakers dont work. The left speakers work with satellite, AM, FM, and tape but not with CD'S. The dealer ordered a new head unit to be delivered within 2 weeks.

Everything was fine until I saw the bill for the 22500 mile service. Mind you, this service only consisted of an oil change. Total bill $82.63. Labor charge alone was $48.95. This was the first time I had used the dealer for service and the only reason I let them change the oil was because it was convenient.

The service rep showed me that they checked the battery, refilled the washer fluid, checked the tire pressure, and disposed of hazardous waste.

Unf***ing believable. I will never use dealer to service car again.

Just wanted to vent. Of course $82.63 is not a lot of money, but $82.63 is too much money for a friggin oil change. ^$$&$*@#^$@^%

Old 05-05-2005, 07:42 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Hear ya go.... you may need this

Last edited by InTgr8r; 06-05-2006 at 09:08 AM.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:46 PM
EZZ
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rupdog326
I took my car in today for warranty service and since I was at @ 22000 miles I had them do that service as well. The warranty service consisted of brakes and the head unit. They replaced the rear brakes and resurfaced its rotors , but they did not touch the front brakes because they had aftermarket pads on. The problem with the head unit is that whenever i play CD'S the left speakers dont work. The left speakers work with satellite, AM, FM, and tape but not with CD'S. The dealer ordered a new head unit to be delivered within 2 weeks.

Everything was fine until I saw the bill for the 22500 mile service. Mind you, this service only consisted of an oil change. Total bill $82.63. Labor charge alone was $48.95. This was the first time I had used the dealer for service and the only reason I let them change the oil was because it was convenient.

The service rep showed me that they checked the battery, refilled the washer fluid, checked the tire pressure, and disposed of hazardous waste.

Unf***ing believable. I will never use dealer to service car again.

Just wanted to vent. Of course $82.63 is not a lot of money, but $82.63 is too much money for a friggin oil change. ^$$&$*@#^$@^%
Dude, you got ripped. I only get charged $35 at my local Infiniti dealership for an oil change. I suggest you change dealerships.

Old 05-05-2005, 07:54 PM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
News flash! Car dealerships are shady!

Old 05-05-2005, 08:07 PM
Out of many - one people
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
News flash! Car dealerships are shady!
I am not saying that I was ignorant of the fact that they are shady, I am just surprised that they would charge for something as simple as changing washer fluid, checking tire pressure, and battery. That is what gets me. Remember, I am from the east coast, maybe west coast and Canadian dealerships offer those items as courtesy.

Old 05-05-2005, 08:21 PM
Form or Function
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rupdog326

Apparently the 22500 mile service does not = an oil change.
Here lies the breakdown in communication.
You mention above that they checked this, refilled that. So it was not just an oil change. The techs that did the extra diagnosis don't work for free. The service writer does not work for free. Now, I am not by any means siding w/ the dealership, but if you had requested an oil change ONLY and not agreed to the "22500 mile service" than you might have gotten out of there for less $.
FYI - The VAST majority of tasks within the "recommended" services are intentionally precautionary. The techs will inspect, look for and check. If there is anything overly worn, near failure, etc they should find it. That is all that these tasks are for.
If you don't want to pay someone to look over your car then don't agree to having services done at the dealership.
Stick to Jiffy lube or just do it yourself.

Old 05-05-2005, 08:50 PM
"Just an oil change" SHOULD include topping off fluids, checking this lookiing at that.

"checked the battery, refilled the washer fluid, checked the tire pressure, and disposed of hazardous waste"

These things are part of an oil change. I went to a Jiffy Lube once and they tried to tell me that they were going to charge me $10 a gallon (min 1 gallon) to top off the coolant... I got pissed and they filled it for free like they were supposed to. A FULL SERVICE oil change includes all those things. That is why we pay 35-45 dollars and not 14.95 at Quick Lube... which by the way include all of those things as well in Duluth MN.

The following users liked this post:
SuperCleanG (04-13-2012)
Old 05-05-2005, 09:31 PM
Out of many - one people
Originally Posted by ashadiow
"Just an oil change" SHOULD include topping off fluids, checking this lookiing at that.

"checked the battery, refilled the washer fluid, checked the tire pressure, and disposed of hazardous waste"

These things are part of an oil change. I went to a Jiffy Lube once and they tried to tell me that they were going to charge me $10 a gallon (min 1 gallon) to top off the coolant... I got pissed and they filled it for free like they were supposed to. A FULL SERVICE oil change includes all those things. That is why we pay 35-45 dollars and not 14.95 at Quick Lube... which by the way include all of those things as well in Duluth MN.
Thank you.

Old 05-05-2005, 11:46 PM
Many prefer going to Nissan dealerships for their Infiniti non warranty work. Haven't done it myself. I have actually found the local Infiniti dealership to be the opposite of what you described. They are known for gouging on the front end (car purchases) but in my experience they are very reasonable and accomidating on the back end (service, parts etc). I guess it is a dealership philosophy thing..

Old 05-06-2005, 08:27 AM
The local dealship here in Danvers MA charges 90/hr for labor. So a synthetic oil change is about 61 bucks!!! And they leave the car running out front while they compete the paperwork and manage to call you out of the waiting room. I did not notice the car was sitting there running for 5-10 minutes until I went out to drive away. At that point I went in and complained that gas is not costly enough and leaving the car running unattended is not a great idea either!

Old 05-06-2005, 08:55 AM
I pay $44 for my basic oil change with my dealer. My brother pays $20 to get his TL done at the Acura dealership...

on a side note, my coworker took his 2005 Mazda 6 to Jiffy Lube earlier this week, paid $35, the tech did not check to see if the filter seal came off with the filter and just screwed on the new filter, long story short, he drove away and leaked away all his oil, has not been in to work all week

car is now at the dealership awaiting a new motor paid for by Jiffy Lube

I used to work for Grease Monkey and Jiffy Lube and can attest that when I changed the oil in cars in high school, I basically had no idea what the heck I was doing, no idea of diff motor oil weight, how much oil to put in, etc...

you get what you pay for, I do admin my dealership charges me a lot but I don't have many options

Old 05-06-2005, 08:59 AM
It's Lonely At The Bottom
Cool

Oil changes are free at my dealership.

Old 05-06-2005, 09:24 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I would ALWAYS ask dealer the cost of any non-warranty work before give him the ok It's like buying anything else. You'd want to know the cost BEFORE you purchase.

Old 05-06-2005, 10:14 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Birdhouse
Oil changes are free at my dealership.
Mine too - they happen in my driveway so I know it's done correctly.

Old 05-06-2005, 10:23 AM
Out of many - one people
Oh, they did throw in a free car wash. If you can call it a car wash. The dealership is Pepe Infiniti in White Plains, NY. They also charged $5.00 for loaner car gas. At least they did the brakes and found that I needed a new ****ty headunit.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Infiniti Dealers are all ripoffs