Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 12:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
Chico.......SOOO happy you're OK!!!!
man, I can't believe some of the idiots on the road today

I know you were really getting into your G with the mods etc.,
really sucks to say good-bye to a nice ride like that....

Stay in touch, if we can help in any way let us know.
Thanks Ian,

I will be taking out the Ztube and KN filter as soon as the adjuster finishes his thing.

What really sucks is that I just had my coupe midpipe put in, my diff and engine oil switched to synth just like you recommended on Friday. The HKS is coming May 24 but I guess I won't need it anymore.

Old 05-15-2005, 12:39 PM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
The same thing happend to me in my 1993 Altima. The reason I have the G35 now. Some Bit*h plowed into my rear end while I was stopped, she must have been going 45 easily. I collected medical, pain and suffering, $2800 for the Altima, from her insurance, and then I colleced all medical bills again from USAA, at their suggestion. Wow! Talk about a good insurance co. They said, "since you pay USAA for comprehensive, go ahead and file claim for medical." I used the money to pay off the wifes 2000 Maxima and put myself into the G35.

Old 05-15-2005, 04:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am so glad to hear you are ok and hope your injuries don't last long. Makes me cringe just hearing about accidents like this when there's nothing you could have done and just at the mercy of an idiot. Glad to hear the vehicle is built solid and protected you. I have small kids too and would lose it if anything ever happened.

Look forward to seeing you and your new G soon,
Take care, Peter

Old 05-15-2005, 10:37 PM
Wow, that doesn't look so bad being hit by someone going 65. It looks like it is fixable since the whole front end looks okay but what do I know? Glad you are okay and it was just you. My wife got hit like that a few years ago in our 99 Maxima. It was by some lady yaking it up on the cell phone in a Merc. That sort of thing really sucks but you have to be grateful that you were not t-boned by the same careless idiots.

I would make sure and pursue a loss of value or whatever it is called if the car is fixed. It's the value of the car that is lost because it was in a wreck. If the car is totalled, I would think you could pursue something similar if there is a higher value of the car from bluebook because of mods. Whatever the case, I would crack open the yellow book and look for appraisers or some kind of experts that could get the correct compensation from the insurance companies.

Old 05-15-2005, 11:10 PM
I'm glad you are (relatively) OK and I'm sorry about your car. It must have been really terrifying. I hope you can sleep well.

Old 05-15-2005, 11:52 PM
glad your ok... a car is a car, but you are one of a kind... glad your ok!

Old 05-16-2005, 12:28 AM
Originally Posted by cato
The same thing happend to me in my 1993 Altima. The reason I have the G35 now. Some Bit*h plowed into my rear end while I was stopped, she must have been going 45 easily. I collected medical, pain and suffering, $2800 for the Altima, from her insurance, and then I colleced all medical bills again from USAA, at their suggestion. Wow! Talk about a good insurance co. They said, "since you pay USAA for comprehensive, go ahead and file claim for medical." I used the money to pay off the wifes 2000 Maxima and put myself into the G35.
Right on. USAA is NOT you typical insurance company. They really take care of their members.

You have to be in the military or have a family member that is a USAA member, but once you are in YOU'RE IN! If anybody out there has the oportunity to get in with USAA, jump with bofeet!

Old 05-16-2005, 08:12 AM
Originally Posted by RocketsRedGlare
Right on. USAA is NOT you typical insurance company. They really take care of their members.

You have to be in the military or have a family member that is a USAA member, but once you are in YOU'RE IN! If anybody out there has the oportunity to get in with USAA, jump with bofeet!
Agreed. Once you leave the military, you can remain a member. They are excellent in terms of rates and service. Of course, you always hope you won't find out how good their service is.

And Chico, it was nice that you lost your full, and understandable, anger towards the young man who was so careless and destroyed your car. Good luck with the new one.

Andy

Old 05-16-2005, 10:44 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RocketsRedGlare

Isn't it just limited to officers? I had inquired at one time, I'm retired enlisted, and was told it was for officers only.

Old 05-16-2005, 12:45 PM
My condolences, Chico. Glad you're okay. Looks like that rear crumple zone did it's job ... and absorbed the impact. Sucks dirt that you had to go through this - there are definitely millions of bad drivers out there every day. Seems like most of the accidents I hear about these days are people sitting at red lights getting smashed into from behind?

Hurry up and get your new G and start enjoying it ASAP

Old 05-16-2005, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
Isn't it just limited to officers? I had inquired at one time, I'm retired enlisted, and was told it was for officers only.
Enlisted personnel are eligible, but it is possible that this was not always the case. They even opened to the general public for a short time in New Jersey about 10years ago. There was another insurance crisis here and all companies were required to take new enrollees for a while. My neighbor always thanks me for telling him about it. They are closed again, of, course.

Try their site and see if you are eligible.-Good luck!

Old 05-16-2005, 05:34 PM
USAA may take care of their members, but their treatment of innocent claimants hit by their negligent insured leaves a lot to be desired.

My then new 2000 Maxima SE was hit in the rear while stopped at a light, just like the accident in this thread, in May 2000.

The female driver was insured by USAA. Rather than simply making a good faith settlement offer, USAA wanted me to sign a permission to fish through my medical records and fill out a lot of paperwork. (I would have accepted any reaonable good faith offer.) Their adjuster also lied and told me that I would net more if I did not see a lawyer. My own insurance company (AMICA) correctly told me that they could not give legal advice and could not recommend whether to see a lawyer. So I turned the whole mess over to my attorney who had to file suit before the statute of limitations ended in order to force them to settle. I am sure their insured was happy and thought she had great customer service when she was served a lawsuit over an accident she thought her insurance company had taken care of two years earlier. I believe that USAA acted in bad faith, lied to me, and tried to run out the two-year statute of limitations to get off the hook altogether. (I don't think my experience is atypical - there was some discussion of this on FreshAlloy and there was also a 60 Minutes story about USAA and others employing these type of shoddy claims practices.) For those looking for an insurance company, I strongly recommend AMICA which consistently rates number one in Consumer Reports semi-annual review of auto insurance companies.

Last edited by robertr; 05-16-2005 at 05:41 PM.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:20 PM
Sorry about your G, but glad to hear that you're ok. Look on the bright side, at least you'll be getting a brand new '05 G.

Old 05-16-2005, 06:29 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
that sucks man...glad to see your ok..

remember it could have been worse.

Old 05-16-2005, 07:41 PM
robertr: I'm very sorry you had such a terrible experience with USAA. I haven't heard about that kind of treatment by them before and it is distressing. I have not had a claim with them involving another vehicle, I don't think. My last claim, if I remember correctly, was about 10 years ago when a tree branch fell on my (unoccupied) G20 and broke the rear window and damaged the trunk. Sparing you the details, they were very helpful, more than fair in their adjustment and the adjuster gave me a check within minutes of checking the car (after it had been fixed).

I hope you have no more claim experiences with any company!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bad Accident