G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Factory alarm question...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 02:13 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Factory alarm question...

Hello all again...sorry so many questions tonight.

One quick question regarding the factory alarm on my car. Obviously when I walk away from my car, I hit the alarm button and it honks. However, many times I walk back to the car because I left something in the trunk. I just found out recently that I can just hit the alarm trunk button on the key alarm and the trunk opens. I've always thought I need to hit the unlock button on the alarm FIRST before holding onto the alarm trunk button.

Now if I just hit the trunk button on the alarm, do I need to press the "Alarm Lock" button again before I walk away? Or it's still active because I never really unlock the doors? I know I can just hit the alarm lock button again but just wanted to know. The reason I asked is sometimes I come home late and the honk is quite loud when the alarm kicks off.

Old 05-15-2005, 02:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The alarm

The factory alarm sets itself whenever the doors are locked and the key is out of the ignition. You don't need the key fob to alarm the car. If you lock the doors from the inside before you exit you won't need to use the fob and the horn won't beep. If for some reason you lose the fob or the battery dies, you can disable the alarm inserting the key in the door or the ignition. The fob is good for locking and unlocking the doors or the trunk. Also- you can roll the windows down with the fob by holding the unlock button down until the windows go down. Bummer is that you can't roll them back up with the lock button. The red indicator light on the dash will confirm that the alarm is activated.

Old 05-15-2005, 09:48 AM
Received 60 Likes on 43 Posts
You can also reprogram the alarm by holding the lock and unlock buttons
simultaneously for a few seconds. This will turn the horn beep off.

Old 05-15-2005, 11:36 AM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
To answer the first question, if you open the trunk after you armed the car then close the trunk again you don't have to hit the arm button again. To check this for yourself, look at the little red light when you open the trunk, then check it stayed solid red as soon as you close the trunk. Meaning the system is armed again. Note this will only work if you did not unlock a door.

Old 05-15-2005, 12:24 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks for all the replies. I don't have the premium package with the keyless entry fob so I am not sure if I can actually lock the door from inside before walking out. I thought I tried that already. Will give it a try later.

It's good that I can just hit the trunk on the alarm key to unlock and don't have to lock the alarm again. What red light??? On the dash?

I know the honk is a bit loud but I rather have the honk so I know it's lock for sure rather than having to count the # of times the hazzard light flash so I know it's lock. Plus alot of times I walked a distance before I remember to lock it so this way I can just listen to the honk.