G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Clicking noise coming out from rear right wheel.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 10:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Clicking noise coming out from rear right wheel.

damn.
it just happen yesterday, when i was going low speed, about 5-10 Mph. i heard the clicking noise coming out from the rear right wheel. my frined with a coupe heard that too and he told me it's same noise as his coupe before, he bring it to the dealer and they reaplace the wheel bearing underwarrenty.

here i am in the dealership, got here at 7am in the morning.
the service manger told me to wait for half hour, then we went to test drive my car and he is telling me, " i don't hear any noise, where? where?, if it's someting wrong with the car, the clicking sound will get louder and louder."

i was like WHAT THE F$$K......i heard that noise whole last night, and i show him the TSB print out. and he is tell me," O, we can't just replce your wheel bearing, because some other G got the problem with it. he is saying he can't hear anyhting, but me and all my friends can heard the loud click noise.

is this ever happen to Sedan people before?

ELK Grove infiniti:

Old 05-16-2005, 11:05 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hmmm

I've been hearing this just lately, although not sure if it's the same. I hear a grinding sound as I take off and transfer power to the back wheels. I was wondering WTF it could be. I figured it was driveshaft, wheel bearing, or suspension. Will probably get it checked out on my next service (this week or next)

Can you send me a link to the TSB?

Old 05-16-2005, 11:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Two of my friends have this noise with their coupes. I haven't heard it yet on my sedan.

Old 05-16-2005, 11:17 AM
I had this happen to me about a year ago, the clicking noise only happened at very low speeds on my right rear wheel (espeically when accelerating from very low speeds) I took it to the dealer and they had to tighten something -i really cant remember what they tightened tho

Old 05-16-2005, 01:08 PM
same thing happened to my coupe. I took it into the dealer and they said they couldnt hear anything it #@$ pissed me off because the noise was there. ....the only thing I can say about it is that it does get worse because it did in my car finally took it in and they heard the noise and fixed it according to the TSb. Its a problem with alot of other coupes. it starts at around 15k miles. Just keep bringing it in to the dealer eventually they will hear the noise, you can even drive the tech guy around so he can hear the noise next time.

Old 05-16-2005, 02:58 PM
I have the same noise in my '04 5AT Sedan. Dealer says "stabilizer bar links" (his words, not mine) are bad. Scheduled for replacement 5/20. will let you know if this works after service visit.

Old 05-17-2005, 02:21 PM
PDT
I think it's the same problem I have right now. It's a clicking sound from the back when you slow down and depress on the brakes?

If so, I have the same thing. I have not had the time to take it in, but hopefully soon.

Old 05-17-2005, 07:50 PM
By about 5,000 miles, my sedan was clicking when accelerating from a stop. Fortunately, the tech heard it on our test drive. The dealer replaced the axle assemblies with updated versions to take care of a CV (constant velocity) joint defect. There was a TSB for them.

Old 05-18-2005, 08:22 AM
yeah ihave had this noise on my sedan. last time it happened i took my car down to the dealer and they replaced the axle assembly with no hastle and they would only replace the one making noise with the revised version. but now i have to go back to get the driver side axle replaced. make sure you tell them about it before you bring it in or that you take it to them so they can order parts before they take it apart. they had mine for 8 days last time.

Old 05-18-2005, 10:03 AM
G2G
I am glad someone mentioned this cuz I thought it was just me. I park in a parking garage when I go to work and alot of times while I am driving up or down the ramps with my windows down I can hear it. It is coming from the passenger side rear tire area. It is a clicking creaking noise like something to do with hte suspension. It happens when i am at a standstill of rolling real slow and I give it gas and it compresses the rear end. I told the dealer about and I am dropping it of on the 27th. I think if it does happen again before them I will drive straight there so they can actually hear it while it is happening. Thats all I need is to show up and it doesn't make the noise.

Good post guys keep the info coming!
BTW I have an 03 coupe AT with 23k miles

Old 05-18-2005, 11:30 AM
it will make the noise just have them stand by the rear wheel and hit the gas so it takes off kinda quick. it will do it... they didnt know what i was talking about when i brought mine down but i had printed a copy of the tsb and brought it with me.

Old 05-18-2005, 04:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by g35sedamn
i had printed a copy of the tsb and brought it with me.
What's the TSB #? I am ready for my 30K... I need the 30K done as well as the rocking / clicking seat TSB and now this. I'd like to call ahead and make sure they have all the parts ready before I take the car in.

Old 05-18-2005, 04:20 PM
G2G
Originally Posted by doogie
What's the TSB #? I am ready for my 30K... I need the 30K done as well as the rocking / clicking seat TSB and now this. I'd like to call ahead and make sure they have all the parts ready before I take the car in.

+1 on this post the TSB if you can thanks.

Old 05-20-2005, 08:57 AM
Smile Update on Noise Resolution

Dealer replaced rear stabilizer bar links. Took all of 20 minutes while I waited. Noise gone. Discussed CV joint issue mentioned in this thread with Service Manager; said in his experience that is a different type of noise and more prevalent under load (i.e. acceleration). My noise was evident under movement (5-10 mph) alone. Hope this helps anyone with this problem.

Old 05-20-2005, 04:18 PM
G2G
Thanks for the info.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clicking noise coming out from rear right wheel.