G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Finally...Pix of my new 6MT Sedan!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 02:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey jimmy, since you work at an infiniti and probably drive the coupe and sedan almost everyday, what are your impressions of the coupe vs. the sedan? i'm thinking about trading in my 04 coupe for the 05 sedan. as far as performance, do you think i'll be happy with the sedan?

Old 06-02-2005, 03:51 PM
East coast canada-new to the site

whats up all-nice drop! to low for our roads. i'm doing a 1'1 drop with plans for a full body kit-already have work done-pics when i return from holland!
Any recomendations for lowering brands?
thnks-mike

Old 06-02-2005, 05:49 PM
ENZO...

Hehehe...you're trying to get me in trouble w/ the Coupe guys, aren't ya? LOL...j/k

Seriously, if you constantly drive "at the limit"....the Coupe will have slightly higher limits than the Sedan. However, 98% of us will probably never explore the limits...so, I'd have to say they're pretty even.

Now of course, if say you're talking about quarter-mile numbers...the Coupe should be just a tad quicker, but not by much.

To be honest, really the biggest difference between the two is the "cool factor". Most people associate 2-doors w/ "sexy & cool & sleek"...and 4-doors w/ "practical & family & boring". I've always wanted the G35 in Sedan, don't know why. I do think the Coupes are really mean looking, though...but I still prefer the Sedan, I guess that's why I got one of those instead of the Coupe. To each his own...^-^

Let me ask you this, though...WHY are you thinking about tradin ur '04 Coupe for '05 Sedan? You should think about your reasons for contemplating the trade...and that'll tell you.
MPDG35...

Well, if you're just thinking a slight drop...I guess I'd recommend Tein S-Tech or Eibach or H&R. The Tein's are a bit on the soft side, good for comfort...Eibach a bit on the stiff side, good for performance...H&R right about the middle of those other two.

Good luck! ^-^

Old 06-02-2005, 05:58 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Jimmy, are you a salesperson at Infiniti or a mechanic? If you are sales, I have a quick question regarding trade-ins.

Old 06-02-2005, 06:06 PM
MIKEEE2...

I'm SALES...so ask away. I gotta tell you, though, NY & CA market is different...so my answers may not apply completely. ^-^

Old 06-02-2005, 08:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn, dude. That is LOOOOOOWWW. I thought my car was low but my car is a freakin' high rider in comparison.

--Steve

Old 06-02-2005, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by Gthree5 6MT
MIKEEE2...

I'm SALES...so ask away. I gotta tell you, though, NY & CA market is different...so my answers may not apply completely. ^-^
I have a 2005 g35x bought in 12/24/04. Bought it for about 31,500. After tax is it's under 34,300. I have trunk mat and moonroof. It just rolled over 3,000 miles. I thought about trading it in for a 05 rwd manual sedan with moonroof and trunkmat and was wondering how much of a hit I would take to trade in (probably for a lease).

Old 06-02-2005, 10:33 PM
Put the wing back on

Old 06-02-2005, 11:35 PM
SGT
Originally Posted by mikeee2
I have a 2005 g35x bought in 12/24/04. Bought it for about 31,500. After tax is it's under 34,300. I have trunk mat and moonroof. It just rolled over 3,000 miles. I thought about trading it in for a 05 rwd manual sedan with moonroof and trunkmat and was wondering how much of a hit I would take to trade in (probably for a lease).
Just curious as to why you want to trade in your AWD for a RWD...

Old 06-02-2005, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by SGT
Just curious as to why you want to trade in your AWD for a RWD...
two letter ---> MT

the only reason it's stopping me is the "hit" i am taking for a trade in...thus I am asking Jimmy...

Old 06-02-2005, 11:42 PM
SGT
Originally Posted by mikeee2
two letter ---> MT

the only reason it's stopping me is the "hit" i am taking for a trade in...thus I am asking Jimmy...
I thought about going that route, but in the end I think the practicality of AWD will serve me better in the long run especially since I live on the east coast and go snowboarding all winter long. One of these days I'll learn how to drive stick.

Old 06-02-2005, 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by SGT
I thought about going that route, but in the end I think the practicality of AWD will serve me better in the long run especially since I live on the east coast and go snowboarding all winter long. One of these days I'll learn how to drive stick.
This is the first automatic car I've owned after driven different M/T cars for about 13+ years. It's hard for me to get used to automatic. I bought the G because I wanted AWD since I live in NY. My wife also doesn't know how to drive stick. Took me a long time and I finally went with the AWD route but now I missed driving stick, thus I take out my 1992 honda accord M/T for some beating whenever I crave to drive a M/T ... It just feels really different. Driving automatic is kinda bored and you just don't have the control over the car like a stick does. Anyway, I won't continue on...

The best of both world for me would be a 06 awd with M/T...then I'll probably trade it in at any cost. Until then...I still enjoy my g35X...it's more like the lazy man's fast sedan...

Old 06-03-2005, 12:02 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
Very nice car but too low for my taste..
I second that.

Old 06-03-2005, 01:01 AM
Nice looking ride. Are you on 18's or 19's? Thinking of lowering my 04 BS Sedan 6MT but not that low.

Old 06-03-2005, 06:37 AM
MIKEEE2...

Well, to be honest, usually the first 2 years of ownership will "cost" you the most...in other words, this is the period where your car depreciates the fastest.

Usually, after the 3rd year, and assuming you have average mileage & keep it looking clean & new, etc....the depreciation will start to stabilize & just slowly trickle.

So, to answer your question...I'd have to say you're gonna take a pretty BIG hit if you trade the car in right now. And it won't be that the dealership is trying to rip you off...but when they tell you what they're offering on your trade, you just might get pissed off & walk out immediately. Just telling you straight up...hope it helps. ^-^

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally...Pix of my new 6MT Sedan!!!