G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Finally...Pix of my new 6MT Sedan!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 02:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally...Pix of my new 6MT Sedan!!!

I finally got around to taking some pix of my new 2005 6MT Sedan...check it out!

Its dropped w/ some Espelir "GT" springs originally intended for 350Z.

Like it? ^-^

Attached Thumbnails Finally...Pix of my new 6MT Sedan!!!-g35-1.jpg   Finally...Pix of my new 6MT Sedan!!!-g35-5.jpg   Finally...Pix of my new 6MT Sedan!!!-g35-6.jpg  
Old 05-31-2005, 11:25 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Very nice car but too low for my taste..

Old 05-31-2005, 11:34 AM
How bigs the drop?

Old 05-31-2005, 11:42 AM
nice drop.

looks super clean.

Old 05-31-2005, 11:44 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Sweet looking good!

Old 05-31-2005, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by big daddy d
How bigs the drop?
Big Daddy...

I'd guess-timate its about 2.5-2.75 inches, perhaps even 3 inches.

Its pretty low, but rides & handles nicely...only bad part is the speed at which I now have to drive around places w/ speed bumps! LOL

Old 05-31-2005, 12:31 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
No offense...very nice car but I think it's too low. When it's that low, it makes the tire look smaller because there seems to be a big fender gap on the left and right now (instead of the usual above the tire fender gap). Just my opinion though.

Old 05-31-2005, 04:05 PM
Nice ride bro...great choice, and definitely excellent drop on the ride!

Old 05-31-2005, 04:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks sick...one of the cleanest looking G35s ive ever seen

Old 05-31-2005, 04:17 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks like a boy racer car now. Enjoy it

Old 05-31-2005, 04:18 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
I like the look, but there is a huge problem with that drop. You've basically removed all available upwards wheel travel and the shocks are well out of their operating range and the designed suspension geometry. I give your shocks about 3-5K miles before they wear out and the ride gets really bouncy and uncontrolled. Remember, shocks/struts are what control the rebound and compression of a spring. With worn out shocks/struts, you're basically riding on springs only. Drops look good, but having adequate suspension travel is crucial to a good handling car. Hitting a mid-corner bump in your car will most likely result in lots of bump steer and snap oversteer which could be very dangerous on a wet or even dry road. The ride height is also such that I would be very worried about catching a piece of road debris on the oil pan, pumkin, portions of the exhaust. My G with coupe springs in the front and stock springs in the back is already pretty low in terms of the undercarriage. With 2+ less ride height, that only gives about 2-3" of clearance around the lower hanging portions of the car.

Old 05-31-2005, 06:22 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Great ride bro. I like it. It's better slightly too low than too high. Kudos.
C.

Old 05-31-2005, 08:11 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DaveB
I like the look, but there is a huge problem with that drop. You've basically removed all available upwards wheel travel and the shocks are well out of their operating range and the designed suspension geometry. I give your shocks about 3-5K miles before they wear out and the ride gets really bouncy and uncontrolled. Remember, shocks/struts are what control the rebound and compression of a spring. With worn out shocks/struts, you're basically riding on springs only. Drops look good, but having adequate suspension travel is crucial to a good handling car. Hitting a mid-corner bump in your car will most likely result in lots of bump steer and snap oversteer which could be very dangerous on a wet or even dry road. The ride height is also such that I would be very worried about catching a piece of road debris on the oil pan, pumkin, portions of the exhaust. My G with coupe springs in the front and stock springs in the back is already pretty low in terms of the undercarriage. With 2+ less ride height, that only gives about 2-3" of clearance around the lower hanging portions of the car.
Well said Dave.

Old 06-01-2005, 06:46 AM
Hehehe...

Thanks for all the kind words, guys!

And as far as the "too low" thingie goes...I know, I know...I've been playing w/ cars for a long time too. And despite my old age, I just can't help it...y'know what I mean? The look just gets me...hahaha! Its the immature part of me trying to stay ahead of the aging part! LOL...like GSEDANMAN said, slightly too low is better than too high!

As for the handling, these Espelir springs (for 350Z) are pretty stiff...and I've only bottomed-out a few times. I'd agree that I'll probably wear out my struts alot sooner than expected...but oh well, it handles great for the time being. To be honest though, because the 6MT's come standard w/ "sport suspension package"...I think my stock springs are actually stiffer than the Espelirs. I'm just assuming that the stocks were linear rate, while the Espelir's are progressive.

I don't know...I may get tired of the inconvenience of my ultra-low drop someday & go w/ my original plan of Tein H- or S-tech springs instead. I just put these Espelir's on 'cause my friend gave them to me for free...how could I resist, right? ^-^

Thanks again on all the compliments, dudes!

Old 06-02-2005, 02:20 PM
Looks similar to the stech tein and kyb that I had on my 2k2 maxima. Looked great but rode like crap on rough terrain. I want a drop also. But fear of a crappy ride is preventing me. Your car looks great none the less.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally...Pix of my new 6MT Sedan!!!