G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Ever have problems getting payment book?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 04:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ever have problems getting payment book?

I just realized that it has been about 3 weeks since I leased my car and nothing in the mail yet. Registration, Payment book, etc. So I look at my lease agreement. Only 4 more days to make my first payment. WTF!

Called the dealer immediatley and they told me to call infiniti lease people. Guess what, they don't even have me on record. Called the dealer back and they are going to call. I am waiting for a call back.

I am so pissed because this will go on my credit report if I miss a payment (which is spotless). There is no way in hell I can mail something, to where I have no idea, in that short of time.

I wander if I can make the dealer eat my payment.

Anyone ever run into something like this?

Old 06-07-2005, 04:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They don't send a book, they send monthly statements in the form of a bill. I would call IFS. they have a website.

Old 06-07-2005, 04:48 PM
Same thing happened to me with Infiniti Finance. When I called they had no record of me, so I called the dealer and as it turned out Infiniti lost mine and 3 other customers of this dealership's (Douglas in Summit NJ) paperwork. So my salesman faxed my paperwork to Infiniti Financing and I got an invoice 1 day before the due date. Being afraid that a late payment might impact my credit report, I tried to call Infiniti Finance. This time I could not work my way through their silly answering system to speak to a real person, despite several trys. I can't figure out how I got to speak to them the first time I had called. Terrible customer service by Infiniti- My salesman said not to worry....

Old 06-07-2005, 04:51 PM
In fact if I remember some of the phone options I came across in my futile attempt to speak with a real person, you can pay via phone for financing-so maybe the same is true for leasing.

Old 06-07-2005, 04:51 PM
Well I can't find the IFS website but I did call 1800-627-4437 which I guess is them.
Like I said I have to wait until the dealer calls me back.

I hate when other people screw up at the cost of the customer.

The only way I got to talk to someone was to try to access my account by SSN. The first time failed, the second time failed, then it connected me to a real person.

Last edited by jackal2001; 06-07-2005 at 04:55 PM.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:02 PM
Doesn't Infiniti have an on-line payment option ? Once you finally get ahold of a live person (love those phone systems) you should be able to make a payment over the phone using your bank account number and a check number. Just remember to void the check and attach it to the payment coupon and enter it in your records

Old 06-07-2005, 11:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 94gxe
Doesn't Infiniti have an on-line payment option ? Once you finally get ahold of a live person (love those phone systems) you should be able to make a payment over the phone using your bank account number and a check number. Just remember to void the check and attach it to the payment coupon and enter it in your records
No, and this is a question I specifically asked before buying my car and the infiniti dealer said yes, I was pissed.

Old 06-08-2005, 02:24 AM
No Online Payment Option

That is disappointing to learn. I handle virtually all my bills with online banking, hate to write checks.

Old 06-08-2005, 11:14 AM
I saw an online payment option but they charge you $12 to go through credit card.

I called the infinance people back and they still don't have me on record. Called the dealer back again and they said they would have someone contact me to let me know what is going on. I will kill someone if this is reflected on my credit report.

Old 06-08-2005, 12:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sounds like you got a car for free. Are you sure you want the dealer to locate the paperwork?

Old 06-08-2005, 12:26 PM
Ya I thought about that. I wander how long (if I was a dishonest person) it would have taken for them to realize I wasn't making payments.
I figure they would have come after me for back payments then.

Now they said since it is being put through as a new loan, it will take a couple days for me to get entered into the system and to call them on monday. Well the 11th is my due date. They also said that I would have 10 extra to pay the bill. Although all this is coming from my dealers mouth.
If something goes on my credit report, I think I will sue them. I am tired of idiots. If the finance guy had a sticker on his head that said, I am an idiot and can't process paperwork correctly, I would have went somewhere else.

Now the bill will be coming from CA and I live in PA. Takes about 5 days each way for mail. So I am ****ed.

Old 06-09-2005, 07:03 AM
Misanthropic nut-cracker
You have an online, or via phone, option for payment. You are obligated to get that payment in on time REGARDLESS and will be noted as a "late pay" if you don't. Hurry up!

Old 06-09-2005, 12:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Missing a first payment is way more than a "late pay". Most finance companies start the repo ball rolling when the first payment is missed. It's kind of the most important one. However, since the finance company is still setting up the loan etc, I highly doubt they'd set up his account, and set the first payment date to be within a day or so. They deal with this stuff all the time. Don't panic. It's all good.

Old 06-10-2005, 07:36 PM
Well my payment is due tomorrow and every time I call, my SSN is still not on file.
Brilliant: The lease company doesn't even know that I leased the car, so how could a payment be late? I am not even on any of their records.

Anyway the dealer told me to contact them on Monday and they would extend me another 10 days. I just want my info to be on record so I can pay them. If they don't have an account # to pay on, how the hell can I pay them?
We will see come monday.