G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Catz / HID Plus - HIDs Sale!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2003, 12:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Catz / HID Plus - HIDs Sale!

Hi guys, I do have several H1s (low beam) & HB3s (hi beam) left for the for the Gs......so post here or email me if you're interested. Catz HIDs are made from Japan while HID Plus is from Germany. Both kits are plug'n & plays, so they're pretty easy to install........given you have minor understanding of wiring. I do accept Paypal.........shipping will cost approximately $10-$15 depending on the shipping location.

Catz:
1) Rising White - 4300k - $459 + shipping / list: $588 + shipping
2) Aqua White - 5100k - $499 + shipping / list: $639 + shipping
3) Galaxy White - 6000k - $590 + shipping / list: $688 + shipping

Hella:
1) Crystal Blue (6000k) - $469 + shipping / list: $589 + shipping
2) Violet Hue (7500k) - $479 + shipping / list: $599 + shipping

I could get Raybrig HIDs also if anyone's interested.

I have pics of my cars with the HID Plus lights here:

http://spydermagazine.com/files/hellag35on.jpg
http://spydermagazine.com/files/hellag35off.jpg (this one's w/ the stock HID on...........yes, I have two sets of HIDs on my G35.........insanely bright!)
http://spydermagazine.com/files/hellaspyderon.jpg
http://spydermagazine.com/files/hellaspyderoff.jpg

I also have HIDs from these two companies for other applications. Post here or email me if interested or for general questions. Thank you.

Best,
Wil
wil121@hotmail.com

Old 06-09-2003, 02:46 AM
Re: Catz / HID Plus - HIDs Sale!

It's pretty simple to install HIDs to your car if you don't have them to start out with. Here are the steps (plus, the kits come with instructions):

1) Remove your stock bulb
2) Find a place to mount the ballast....preferrably close by to the headlight
3) Run the wire from the battery to the area you mounted the ballasts
4) Connect all connectors and tie up wires (with wire ties)
5) Double check on all connections & test bulb
6) Check all wires to make sure they're not caught on anything (belts, fans, etc.)
7) Before putting the bulb into headlight, try turning on the light to make sure it turns on.
8) Lock in the HID bulb

Warning though, HIDs do get very hot, so avoid touching the bulb at all costs.

P.S. I may be having problems with this email - wil121@hotmail.com, so any inquiries, please send to both just in case:

wil121@hotmail.com
samyu888@hotmail.com

Wil

Old 06-09-2003, 07:53 AM

actually, you shouldn't be touching the HID bulbs at all.. the oils and residue on your fingers could create hot spots and cause the bulbs to explode..

also, there is no kit out there so far that's perfectly plug and play for the G.. depending on your creativity, there may need to be some drilling involved. there's a cap that keeps your headlight housing watertight that you remove to install/uninstall your bulbs. no connector, as far as i know, can fit thru the hole that already exists in the cap.. so to even get that to work, you have to drill an auxiliary hole or widen the one that's already there. i found it much easier to remove the entire headlight.. it gives you much more room to work. for a professional installer, all of this might be a little "easier" to do, but definitely not perfectly plug and play like i mentioned earlier.

'03 G35 Sedan: ivory/aero body/sport/sunroof
Warning: Objects in mirror are FASTER than they appear

Old 06-09-2003, 10:31 AM

KongzGx is correct in stating that there's no system out there that's 100% plug'n play; however, the HIDs made by these major companies have focused much time in R&D to make them as user friendly as possible. Installing the HIDs would take approximately 1.5-2 hrs for the G because you would either need to take the headlight housing out or loosen several plastic caps holding the wheel wheel plastic in order to go in from there. If you lowered your car, you would need to remove your front wheels before installing.

Yes, "easier" is a subjective term depending on your installation experience, but the HIDs are straightforward in installation. Also, drilling is not necessary for our cars because there are areas where you could wire tie (thick wire ties) the ballasts and mount with double sided tape as I've done.

I've installed HIDs onto two first generation G35s (not including my own) and they all took about 1.5 hrs to install.

Having HIDs on your car is about 3xs brighter than the stock halogens and very helpful if you live in an area that gets foggy or rains a lot. Besides the practicality of having it on your vehicle, HIDs also gives the car a classier & luxurious look.

Hope this helps,
Wil
wil121@hotmail.com

Old 06-09-2003, 11:47 PM

Wil > Where are you located?

It's still a G thang!!

Old 06-10-2003, 03:40 AM

Bay Area bro.

Wil
wil121@hotmail.com

Old 06-10-2003, 01:59 PM

buddy of mine has the Catz kit in his A4 and its has probably one of the best combination of light output/color I've ever seen

Old 06-10-2003, 03:01 PM

Yes, I agree! My sister has the 2003 A4 1.8T and I installed the HID Plus Crystal Blue HIDs on it and the stock projector light increases the intensity and makes the light more purple than blue. The projector and the HID gives it a color I've never seen on any car on the road.

Catz and HID Plus' quality is up there in the top 5 and I wouldn't use anything else other than those two on my cars.

Does anyone here have the Catz or HID Plus' lights on their car? If so, please post some pics. I'd like to see how it looks on some of the forum members' rides.

Wil
wil121@hotmail.com

Old 06-10-2003, 03:09 PM

remember that the audi's have projectors while the G's have reflectors.. pretty much any HID kit is gonna look nice with projectors cuz they get that distinctive pattern we're mesmerized by. it's not totally the same with our projector light housings.. our just end up looking really bright.. but it's definitely better than halogens and has a cool color hue when looking at our lights from the side.

'03 G35 Sedan: ivory/aero body/sport/sunroof
Warning: Objects in mirror are FASTER than they appear