G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Do You Ever Notice the "Low Fuel" Indicator Light?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 11:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do You Ever Notice the "Low Fuel" Indicator Light?

Is it just me or is the "Low Fuel" indicator light on these cars basically worthless?

I purchase an '04 G35 6MT Sedan a few months ago, and I can't believe that the only indicator is a small orange dot at the bottom of the fuel gauge. I never even notice the thing. It completely blends in with the rest of the orange lighting.

Today, I looked down and gasped when I saw I had driven 380 miles since my last fill up!! That tiny light had probably been on for the last 50 miles.

I admit, I am one of those that never even think about filling up until AFTER the light comes on. My previous cars typically had a chime or at least a big, honkin’ gas pump symbol staring me in the face.

Not a big deal... I still love this car! Hopefully this has been improved in the '05 model.

Old 06-13-2005, 11:43 PM
my car has a pic of a gas fueling station thingy i know im not supposed to let it get that low but ive had it down there a couple times already but you still have ~3 gallons when that light comes on maybe on 05 its a bit bigger cuz i definitely notice it and so does my mom shes yelled at me each time i let it go down

Old 06-14-2005, 12:20 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I just saw it for the 1st time today, but then again this is the 1st time I've been to the gas pump with my car. It's only 5 days old!

Old 06-14-2005, 12:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you have the nav it will show you that your low and will prompt you to the nearest gas station which is really a cool feature if your in unfamiliar territory.

Old 06-14-2005, 05:07 AM
Originally Posted by bamaman
Is it just me or is the "Low Fuel" indicator light on these cars basically worthless?

I purchase an '04 G35 6MT Sedan a few months ago, and I can't believe that the only indicator is a small orange dot at the bottom of the fuel gauge. I never even notice the thing. It completely blends in with the rest of the orange lighting.

Today, I looked down and gasped when I saw I had driven 380 miles since my last fill up!! That tiny light had probably been on for the last 50 miles.

I admit, I am one of those that never even think about filling up until AFTER the light comes on. My previous cars typically had a chime or at least a big, honkin’ gas pump symbol staring me in the face.

Not a big deal... I still love this car! Hopefully this has been improved in the '05 model.
I agree, the low-fuel light is totally worthless because it doesn't draw enough attention to itself. Granted it's easy to see where the needle is but if you're like me, you typically don't get to a gas station right away when the needle is on "E".

I have a '96 Jeep Grand Cherokee that's a bit more innovative in this area. When the low-fuel light comes on, a loud chime is sounded. It's nearly impossible to notice unless you have the stereo blasting. Nissan should have done something similar on the G (or at least moved the indicator up with the other idiot lights).

Old 06-14-2005, 11:46 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I don't have any issues with my gauges. I watch them regularly and quickly see if the low fuel light is on.
You're used to other reminders right now, but you will get used to the G's signalling.
C.