G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

True performance test

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2003 | 08:38 AM
ijk
Re: True performance test

does using NOS hurt the engine????

let say about 50 shot NOS....would it damage the G35 in anyway???

Old 06-14-2003 | 11:48 AM

thought i'd point this out to you before 20 guys start ripping you apart. NOS is a brand name its not the abreviation for Nitrious. N2o is the abreviation for Nitrous. I know it sounds trivial, but trust me there are guys on here that will go nuts when they see you use the term NOS for nitrous.

To answer your qeustion, If you use a smaller kit you should be fine. I had a 50 shot on my 90' accord. It's a cheap way to get some extra power. I drove that car 3 years with the kit on, and I never had any problems.

Ivory Pearl - 6MT - Sedan

Old 06-14-2003 | 12:11 PM

Mbarrad,

I've spent a lot of $$$ over the years not to mention time installing mods on my various cars. I think I qualify to state my opinion on what mods help and which ones dont. True I've yet to do anything to my G35. Mostly because the selection right now is pretty weak. Being this is the most money i've paid for a car, I want to make sure I pick the best parts. I've learn from my past experiences, it does not pay to rush out and buy the first exhaust or turbo that comes out on the market for your car. Nothing sucks worse then buying mods for you car just to see better mods come out a month or two latter. Then you end up selling your 1st mods for half the price you paid for them. This time I plan on waiting untill there is a resonable selection of mods to choose from.

One thing I have found out about mods, usally the best mods are from companys that have close tie ins with the manufactor. Such as TRD for Toyota/Lexus, Mugen for Honda/Acura, AMG for Mercedes etc..... with these companys you usally get the best power ouput and reliability. This is just my opinion from my experiences of the years.

I have dynos' which I can post of my prelude but here is an example of whats mods do for you car (given every car is somewhat differnt so the same type of mods on a G35 will differ in power gains)

Stock Prelude (154 HP @ wheels)
Mugen Headers, Mugen Exhaust & AEM CAI (173 HP @ wheels)
Mugen stuff plus Supercharger ( 237 HP @ wheels)

When I do decide on which mods I install on my G35 I will post all the experiences I had with them and the dyno's to support the HP claims.

Old 06-14-2003 | 03:25 PM

Yeah, the selection is pretty weak for the sedan. One would think it would be simple to create sedan mods since we do share the same motor as the coupe and 350Z. Sad but true, the most popular cars get the best mods and are payed more attention to.

You also have to realize that vendor mods are a supply and demand market. If everyone waited for the best mods to come out for the sedan, then there would not be any vendor mods sold, meaning no profit in a stagnant sedan market. I would like to see that glorious twin turbo setup on my car, but if no one buys the first gen because they want to wait for the kinks to be ironed out, then you can kiss the supplier goodby for the turbo.

All I'm asking is that sedan owners who are interested in increased performance buy the mods that look interesting, post impressions, and let the manufacture know of improvements or problems. Also post real numbers, not what is posted on their website. Dyno or track (or both) numbers would be the best.

Dan, do you have some pics of your prelude? Got a friend that has a Prelude and is looking to upgrade now that his warranty is up. What year is your Prelude?

Limited Edition Twilight Blue / Premium / Graphite / Xenons

Old 06-14-2003 | 06:13 PM

When I bought the Stillem intake and exhaust the sales guy, Phillip, said that they were getting around 12 HP for the intake and around 8 HP for the exhaust. So when the dyno showed 22 HP increase I was curious. That is why I had them run it three times to make sure. Nothing worse than telling everyone that you got 22 HP more and it isn't true. As you know each vehicle has it's pluses amd minuses from the factory. The first dyno results were 21.8 HP. Second dyno results were 21.9 HP and the third dyno results were 22.3 HP. These figures at the wheels.

Old 06-14-2003 | 06:22 PM

It was a 2000 prelude 5 speed. It was all Mugen with the Jackson Racing Supercharger on it.

Mugen Headers, Exhaust, Suspension, Bodykit, Rear wing with 17" SSR rims. Also had AEM Big Brake Kit, which helped stopping big time. Look nice to

I have more pics if you want to see them

Old 06-14-2003 | 09:26 PM
ijk

Let say someone installed a 50 Shot Nitrous on the G 35.......is it easy enough to uninstall it before visiting the dealership for oil changes or other services done to the car?

50 shot nitrous was safe on accord?
Anyone has Nitrous on G??
How fast would the G be with 50 shot nitrous??..

sorry for questions after questions..

Old 06-14-2003 | 10:16 PM

If your worried about your warrenty, then I wouldn't mod your car. Honestly you would be better off to wait until your warrenty ends then mod it.

What I did with my prelude being it only had 4000 miles on it when I modded it, I had a local shop do all the work, he told me if anything went wrong like the engine blowing up, he would remove everything and make it look like stock again. That way I wouldn't have to worry about warrenty not covering my engine

If you can find a local shop thats willilng to work with you if things go bad, then thats the way to go. But if your going to lose sleep at night worrying about your warrenty going void from the mods, then its best to wait.

Besides it would be a pain in the *** to remove the kit for every oil change... it would take around 4 hours to remove it plus another 4 hours to put it back on.

A 50 shot on a V6 should take off around 0.7 sec's from your 1/4 mile time.

I don't know anyone personaly that has put a N2o kit on there G35. But I peronsaly think it would be safe. As long as you don't abuse it.

Old 06-15-2003 | 10:04 AM

Very nice Dan. Do you have pics of the engine bay?

Limited Edition Twilight Blue / Premium / Graphite / Xenons

Old 06-15-2003 | 07:28 PM

I took some awhile back so I could post them on a prelude message board. I think they are in my office computer, i'll have to check monday.