G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

The race between G35 sedan vs celica GT-s thread on spec v forums!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 07:47 PM
My horns hold up my halo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shodog
Dang dude you even had to get your wife to come on here and back you up

You'll find that there is a certain amount of anonymity in message boards. This board can get silly at times but for the most part stays civil. It’s a good thing your not on the Acura and Honda boards.
Thank you very much - I read the post and reponded before I saw his post. He's about 800 miles away at the moment so he didn't "have his wife come ... and back him up". I just do that anyway Someone told me a few years ago that he would make sure he never did anything to my husband or my child because he didn't want to get on my bad side. I'm generally nice but don't mess with my family.

Of course it's all in good fun - why else would we keep reading it? LOL! I sound mean sometimes but I rarely get upset about anything.

Old 06-22-2005, 07:55 PM
My horns hold up my halo
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
G35Vision will destroy that Celica and then destroy the driver. He's from LI and he's 57-1 you know?
Somebody please ask him to go set this record straight. That thread says that even if the G beats him off the line he would still catch him because his car is so much better. (that's a paraphrase) I would love to be anywhere within a half day's drive of Long Island to challange this one. I may not win (though I am fairly confident I would) but I would love to try.

Old 06-22-2005, 09:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i raced him

did three runs, one from like 15, killed him, one from like 30, killed him, then one from 45. on the last one we ran out of room, but i was not pulling ahead of him by much at like 70, im sure if it was longer i my top end would of sufficed.

the ground was slick and it is a 231whp awd sedan vs a 180 crank hp fwd coupe, so i did have an advantage.

with all excuses aside - VQ power wins.

im working on transfering the vid from my dvd camcorder to my harddrive, having some difficulties. ill post soon.

Old 06-22-2005, 09:27 PM
Administrator
Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts
niceeeeeeeeeeee i was just reading the thread in the other site

Old 06-22-2005, 09:28 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"living in my parents basement" comments aside, WTG dude. That guy asserts that he "tied" you. Whatever. Very interested in seeing the vid.

I'd offer some tips on the transferring to the harddrive, but I don't want to get smacked for being a computer nerd. j/k

Old 06-22-2005, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
"I'd offer some tips on the transferring to the harddrive, but I don't want to get smacked for being a computer nerd.
well gamers are usually computer nerds and there are plenty of times that i wish i was a computer nerd.

i bought this thing at compusa called dazzle digital video creator.

its made to transfer video from dv camcorders to your hardrive.

i think the problem is that it doesn't recognize the dvd format.

annone know of a program that i can use the plug and play feature with. something that will just recognize the info from the camera and caputre it into a mpg. ??

Old 06-22-2005, 09:46 PM
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by MrBillMartin
well gamers are usually computer nerds and there are plenty of times that i wish i was a computer nerd.

i bought this thing at compusa called dazzle digital video creator.

its made to transfer video from dv camcorders to your hardrive.

i think the problem is that it doesn't recognize the dvd format.

annone know of a program that i can use the plug and play feature with. something that will just recognize the info from the camera and caputre it into a mpg. ??
Dude, I hate to be an @$$, but I've never transferred video from a camera; I was just being a smartass.

Considering the previous statement, do you have XP? If so, have you tried Windows Movie Maker? If you don't have it, you can download movie maker2 from microsoft at:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...loadvideo.mspx

HTH

Old 06-22-2005, 09:47 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MrBillMartin
i raced him

did three runs, one from like 15, killed him, one from like 30, killed him, then one from 45. on the last one we ran out of room, but i was not pulling ahead of him by much at like 70, im sure if it was longer i my top end would of sufficed.

the ground was slick and it is a 231whp awd sedan vs a 180 crank hp fwd coupe, so i did have an advantage.

with all excuses aside - VQ power wins.

im working on transfering the vid from my dvd camcorder to my harddrive, having some difficulties. ill post soon.

are u on crack

ok what actually happened

one run from 45 i spun to the limiter

i tried to catch up and tell u and u took off w/o me even racing at all...yeah that was impressive

then i finally get traction and stay next to u(which incase u didnt realized means i wasnt even moving the other times) and then a car got in my way so i shut down but u werent pulling at all and since ur ayto and awd i highly doubt things were getting better for u. but w/e im done with u if ur gonna lie about races cuz ur too embarassed a celica hung with ur mighty "skyline 350gt"

oh and u called me a ***** on the vboard
"what happen to the tough guy that was all about racing.

what is this ***** "make a vid of your speedo" s***.

lets race."

thats what i was refering to

and u took ur car to an all wheel dyno?? thats kinda odd considering all u have is exhaust and all wheel dynos are very rare

Last edited by Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust; 06-22-2005 at 09:49 PM.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:49 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Raining? No Traction? TSBs? Rev limiter? Blah blah blah blah, thank god the people I race at that track aren't bitches.

Old 06-22-2005, 09:50 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by picus112
Raining? No Traction? TSBs? Rev limiter? Blah blah blah blah, thank god the people I race at that track aren't bitches.
i didnt wanna race they kept buggin me

Old 06-22-2005, 09:51 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Word, just let it die dude. Your celica is nice and fast, our G35s are nice and fast. There is faster **** and there is slower **** - obviously no one's getting anywhere here.

Old 06-22-2005, 10:02 PM
Staff Alumni
Relative power loss; RWD vs FWD

That gts ricer, on the other site, mentioned that RWD inherently has a greater power loss versus FWD. While I understand this to be the case(torque steer being a completely different discussion), how does this relative power loss affect launching the vehicle? When the vehicle jumps from the line, the weight of the vehicle will naturally be shifted to the rear axle. In this case, would FWD not actually be the worse of the two?

Forgive the question. I've never raced; it's all theory to me at this point.

Old 06-22-2005, 10:28 PM
That's what I was thinking. Just because you lost doesn't mean you have to get sand in your wahina...

Old 06-22-2005, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
G35Vision will destroy that Celica and then destroy the driver. He's from LI and he's 57-1 you know?
I can see it now like an epsiode of Monster Garage. Celica gets machine gunned in a deserted parking lot at Jones Beach. Lol!

Old 06-22-2005, 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by 00gts6speed
and u took ur car to an all wheel dyno?? thats kinda odd considering all u have is exhaust and all wheel dynos are very rare
your right, all wheel dynos are super rare almost as rare as infiniti skylines

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The race between G35 sedan vs celica GT-s thread on spec v forums!