G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

The race between G35 sedan vs celica GT-s thread on spec v forums!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 10:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The race between G35 sedan vs celica GT-s thread on spec v forums!

Hi i(previous VQ owner) am from the spec v forums i just posted recently between friendly competiton between a auto G35 vs a celica GT-s. The guy with the celica claims he beat the g35 and i mentioned that he probably wasnt trying or that the tsb wasnt done on the vq which can explain the lack of accleration. Anyways when the challenge was brought down he back down and that he didnt to prove his point because he already did and "his car is fast and everybody knows it" So i just would like to post the thread were the debate was conducted. Please if you are in the Long island with the g35sedan and you come along a celica destroy it!

http://forums.thevboard.com/viewtopi...er=asc&start=0

Last edited by Primer; 06-22-2005 at 11:01 AM.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:28 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
I just skimmed through the first page and noticed the post from "Monsoon". He's talking about my G35

Old 06-22-2005, 11:30 AM
Dumb question from a newbie:

What is a TSB and what needs to be done?

Old 06-22-2005, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by Bikecrasher
Dumb question from a newbie:

What is a TSB and what needs to be done?
technical service bulletin. Theere was a tsb on earlier vq engines that had hestition on the throttle between 2000 and 3000rpm i also learned something about the improper shift point of auto also!

Old 06-22-2005, 11:54 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I read the thread and I think his race probably was legit, although I'm not sure if the G35 driver knew what he was doing. The Celica guy does have Injen, CAI, and exhaust, so who knows. If I was a little closer to LI, NY I'd race him, but I'm not driving 5 hours for it.

Tell him to come up to Toronto. I just got my 03.5 sedan AT and it's bone stock.

Old 06-22-2005, 12:16 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
alright

apparently primer overexagerated what was goin on here i was under the impression that there were tons of g35s calling bs on me but i guess not..lol

all i said was i ran a auto g35 sedan from roughly 65-100 and i pulled on it
if it didnt have that tsb done i would imagine it would have fallen back when i punched it, but it didnt..the torquey vq responded instantly and he stayed right next to me at which point i pulled past him...i never said anything about beating one from a stop where the torque advantage would surely make it more difficult for me to win.

Old 06-22-2005, 12:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
The fast and the furious! Yippppeeeee...

Old 06-22-2005, 01:02 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 00gts6speed
alright

apparently primer overexagerated what was goin on here i was under the impression that there were tons of g35s calling bs on me but i guess not..lol

all i said was i ran a auto g35 sedan from roughly 65-100 and i pulled on it
if it didnt have that tsb done i would imagine it would have fallen back when i punched it, but it didnt..the torquey vq responded instantly and he stayed right next to me at which point i pulled past him...i never said anything about beating one from a stop where the torque advantage would surely make it more difficult for me to win.
I think he was referring to this thread.

https://g35driver.com/forums/other-cars/58122-friendly-competition-between-early-g35-sedan-celica-gt-s.html

Old 06-22-2005, 05:46 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Has anybody read this thread on the other forums? Jeez. I hope it's not representative of the forums over there; it's crazy. Unfortunately, due to what I am assuming is the relative youth of the authors posting to the thread, I would assume most of the other threads are filled with the same kind of stuff(yes, I said youth, and I'm 28).

Not to get off on a rant here, but I get sick of all the teeny net speak ( haxorz, etc ). I used to play Counterstrike regularly, and it was always difficult to find a game with a few adults in there that didn't behave like these folks did on that thread. When I read crap like that, a red light immediately goes off, and I have a hard time respecting what anybody says.

Except for Dave's post. That was the most articulate post of the entire thread man.

Old 06-22-2005, 06:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
I used to play Counterstrike regularly, and it was always difficult to find a game with a few adults in there that didn't behave like these folks did on that thread.
lol maybe its difficult to find a game with adults because adults dont play computer games. do you still live in your parents basement?

Old 06-22-2005, 06:17 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
well tell them how u tied me from 45-70...lol

Old 06-22-2005, 06:36 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MrBillMartin
lol maybe its difficult to find a game with adults because adults dont play computer games. do you still live in your parents basement?
Oh. I never got the message. Maybe now I know, I can grow up to be a responsible adult. Oh wait. I already am.

Old 06-22-2005, 07:19 PM
My horns hold up my halo
Originally Posted by MrBillMartin
No he doesn't. He's been married for almost 9 years and has a kid. I'm his wife and I can tell you that quite a few adults play computer games. Almost everyone we know does at least on occassion plays them (the guys at least). Maybe we just have cool friends who don't want to get old

(i'm just playing so nobody get their panties in a wad, k?)

Old 06-22-2005, 07:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dang dude you even had to get your wife to come on here and back you up

You'll find that there is a certain amount of anonymity in message boards. This board can get silly at times but for the most part stays civil. It’s a good thing your not on the Acura and Honda boards.

Old 06-22-2005, 07:42 PM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by Primer
Please if you are in the Long island with the g35sedan and you come along a celica destroy it!
G35Vision will destroy that Celica and then destroy the driver. He's from LI and he's 57-1 you know?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The race between G35 sedan vs celica GT-s thread on spec v forums!