G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

G35 vs. Audi S4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 08:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CT_Texas
Correction. 2.7 liters not 2.5. I owned one prior to my G. Still faster than the G, twin turbos and AWD... 5.5s 0-60. And if you chip it, 310hp in most cases.

Back to the top, still a very fast car, and if you can find one with reasonable miles and price, go for it. Should be about $25k or so for a normal specimen.

Handling wise, though, I think the G's more nimble, but AWD has a nice safety factor to it.
I dont know about the B5 S4 being faster??? Off the line, it is about the same and at the end of my 3rd gear, I start pulling. This is stock for stock. As far as the highway, I pull hard as hell on stock B5 S4s. Gonna race my buddie's 6spd chipped S4 soon. I BET ill be right there with 'em. I am modded now, so we'll see what happens. Hands down the G, Nissan has proven reliability and Audi JUST recently started making decent cars, and they still have those little bugs that they were notorious in the 80's for. My 2 cents.

Old 07-11-2005, 12:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm -- not sure how to answer this one without getting flamed but I'll go for it... Having owned both a 1.8T A4 and S4 both of which were modified (more so with the 1.8T), I wouldn't recommend either... FYI -- both were new when purchased. I know you didn't ask about the 1.8T (now the 2.0T) but thought I would offer that based on prior comments...

If I were to get another Audi, it would be the be the new V8 S4. Or even the 2.0T with NO mods...

I am not going to get into a long list of mods that I made, but lets say that I went with one of the premier Audi tuners and had nothing but problems with my 1.8T. This was in addition to the entire rear brake system locking on me and numerous other problems (minor and major) before I even 'chipped" it... It was down hill after the chip -- all in 9 months time...

I then bought a S2000 which was a blast but not enough room. So I decided to get a S4 -- the 2.7T flavor. Again, I am not going to name tuner names but have fun replacing one of the turbos if it goes -- imagine if you have to replace both... While you may not plan on modding, I would avoid the twin turbo S4 like the plague... There was discussion of a class action law suit against Audi b\c the turbos (no mods) in the 2.7T were blowing on there own... This is one of the most expensive cars to own IMO and based on my experience. It is no big secret to why the new S4 does not have any turbos...

I would agree with others -- you are no comparing similar vehicles -- in fact, quite different IMO.

I absolutely love my G35X and having owned quite a few cars in my short life, can say with confidence it is the best yet. While you never say never, I cannot see myself buying another Audi anytime in the near future...

M