G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Future G35 owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 01:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Future G35 owner

Well I am moving from Hawaii in August and will be picking up a 2005 G35 Sedan from Grubb's in Dallas. I think I've narrowed it down to three colors I am thinking of the black, graphite, or the lakeshore slate. I am for sure getting the premium package and the sport suspension I don't care about nav jsut wanted to get some opinion's on what people thought of the exterior choices and for interior I was thinking of either the black or stone the pictures I've seen of the stone it looks to light for me. I've drove a 04 and wanted to know if I'll notice a difference since the 05 has more power? I just recently sold my 2004 STI and loved every minute I drove it but I am wanting something with a little more class I've owned Subaru's for 5 years and think I'm ready for a change.

Old 06-25-2005, 08:28 AM
SGT
Thumbs up

Get an Obsidian Black/Graphite. That's what I'm getting in a few months.

Old 06-25-2005, 10:59 AM
I have Lakeshore Slate with Stone interior and think it's one of the nicest color combos. The dash is mostly black along with door panel tops, so overall the interior doesnt seem too light to me. You should go see a G with stone interior (pictures don't do it justice).

Not sure you'll notice a big power difference over an 04. I drove an 04 loaner from the dealer yesterday and I couldn't feel any noticable power loss compared to my 05.

Future congrats on your soon to be new G

Old 06-25-2005, 11:12 AM
My horns hold up my halo
Originally Posted by Lunnzz
Well I am moving from Hawaii in August and will be picking up a 2005 G35 Sedan from Grubb's in Dallas. I think I've narrowed it down to three colors I am thinking of the black, graphite, or the lakeshore slate. I am for sure getting the premium package and the sport suspension I don't care about nav jsut wanted to get some opinion's on what people thought of the exterior choices and for interior I was thinking of either the black or stone the pictures I've seen of the stone it looks to light for me. I've drove a 04 and wanted to know if I'll notice a difference since the 05 has more power? I just recently sold my 2004 STI and loved every minute I drove it but I am wanting something with a little more class I've owned Subaru's for 5 years and think I'm ready for a change.
We have the Graphite with the black (graphite) interior. I would much rather have the stone living in Alabama. We did tint on the windows just so we could stand to be in the car! LOL! Stone isn't a single color throughout so it doesn't feel so light when you see it in person. Utimately, it's a personal choice but I would suggest being aware of the heat factor depending on where you will be living, etc. If you go with the black I would definately work some tint into that deal.

Ok, let me give what would likely be my hubby's response. He thinks that the graphite makes the car look more like a sports car on the inside. Now we have the wheat in our 05 and the graphite in our 04. Personally I think the difference is more about the other interior changes between the 04 and the 05. Thus the reason I wanted an 04 and _not_ an 05 for myself. I would take a look at them in person before making a final choice.

Old 06-25-2005, 01:54 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Wait a minute......you're moving from Hi??????????? lol

Any of those colours is great altho the L/Slate and D/Graphite are comparatively low maintenance.
Get the graphite interior too.....I've found it very 'forgiving'.

Good luck and enjoy.
C.

Old 06-25-2005, 02:08 PM
See this thread I created a couple weeks back to help me decide on color.

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v35-2003-06/58027-calling-all-diamond-graphite-lakeshore-slate-twilight-blue-owners.html

FYI, I went with the Lakeshore Slate with Stone and it's absolutely beautiful.

Old 06-28-2005, 05:14 PM
Stone is a good looking interior if you want something different. I flirted with the pearl/stone idea for a while. Most of the colors look great, and my DG with Graphite is no exception and shows off the curves nicely ... but now I seem to notice that EVERYBODY is driving a DG coupe

Old 06-28-2005, 06:09 PM
The dealer will tell you that "research" has shown that black interiors are not really hotter than lighter colors. They will also tell you are getting a good deal.

Old 06-28-2005, 06:24 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I've had two black on blacks and while I love black cars they are a pain to deal with. My next Infiniti will be either slate/wheat or IP/wheat. I really like the distinctive look of slate, and it's so much more managable than black.

Old 06-28-2005, 07:03 PM
It works on my machine
I just got a Obsidian Black/Graphite about a month ago. I liked the graphite interior better than the stone, which to me looked to light, reminded me of a light grey. The outside black is the best color IMHO, but it's sucks to keep it clean. After about a day you can really see the dust.

Old 06-28-2005, 07:28 PM
Can some one post up some pictures of IP/Stone that is looking like what we might get instead.