G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Break-Ins / Theft Experience?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 11:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Break-Ins / Theft Experience?

My 2000 Civic si (ex coupe in the states) was stolen for the 2nd time in less than a year. Last time was a 10-day joyride, but I think this time is good (b.t.w clubs are useless, even as a deterrent).

I have my eye on a ’05 G35X with the Premium package, but I'm concerned about thefts or break-ins with the G35s. I know it has an immobilizer, but people seem to always find a way.

Has anyone had any experience with break-ins or thefts?, especially models with the Intelligent Key?

I guess if I want to avoid tempting car thieves, the G35 is not exactly helping the situation. Hopefully Nissan/Infiniti door locks are heaps better than Honda & Acura’s.

Old 06-26-2005, 11:50 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Your biggest concern with this car is the HID theft, not the car itself.

Old 06-26-2005, 11:53 AM
I think the immobilizer system makes it very difficult to start the car without the key. Of course, there are always flatbeds if they really want your car. The headlights on the G get stolen at times. I don't know about the resistance of the locks to break ins, but they often just bash a window. Search the site for more information.

But it is a great car!

Old 06-26-2005, 02:21 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by trepix
My 2000 Civic si (ex coupe in the states) was stolen for the 2nd time in less than a year. Last time was a 10-day joyride, but I think this time is good (b.t.w clubs are useless, even as a deterrent).

I have my eye on a ’05 G35X with the Premium package, but I'm concerned about thefts or break-ins with the G35s. I know it has an immobilizer, but people seem to always find a way.

Has anyone had any experience with break-ins or thefts?, especially models with the Intelligent Key?

I guess if I want to avoid tempting car thieves, the G35 is not exactly helping the situation. Hopefully Nissan/Infiniti door locks are heaps better than Honda & Acura’s.
As you say, if a thief targets your ride, there's nothing you can do to prevent its theft.
But there are deterrents which will inhibit run of the mill thieves such as the immobilizer, car alarms, The Club, careful parking etc.
C.

Old 06-26-2005, 03:22 PM
dont forget to hire a 24-hr security guard....j/k

Old 06-27-2005, 04:18 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
I have not heard of many instances of theft of the G35. Seems to be a rare occurence. I'm guessing you do not have a garage available.

Old 06-27-2005, 09:50 AM
if it makes you feel any better. i have a 1996 civic i use to commute around with or go to work when i know im coming home filthy. anyways it was broken into last night for the second time while my infiniti was parked in the driveway right next to it both times. just like last time the infiniti was not touched and they slim jimed the door on the honda and cut the alarm screamer. second time around. they just stole the raqdio and the radio surround. i think i know who it is this time so im going to go have a friendly chat... so if for myself having an infiniti has turned out to be a car that most little hoodlums will leave alone.

Old 06-27-2005, 11:17 AM
Well I guess I'll share my recent experience to let you know anything is possible.

About a month ago someone vandalized my g35 by taking a bat to the passenger side view mirror, fortunately it was the only damage done. So i took it to the Infiniti recommended body shop a couple weeks later. The next day after dropping off my car I get a phone call from the body shop notifying me that my car had been stolen from behind their shop. Apparently someone left the keys in the car while they were moving other vehicles around and in that time frame someone came in and stole my car. Strange since my car was parked right next to a brand new mercedes and ferrari both also with the keys in them.

Now a couple weeks have gone by and I get another phone call telling my that someone took my car for a joy ride and the car is somewhere in Kansas. I live in Nevada. And here we are today still waiting to see how we're going to get the car back since the key was no longer in the vehicle when it was recovered and I lost my spare set in a lake.

I just thought I'd share this story since we were talking about cars being stolen.

Gerald

Last edited by akamax_power; 06-27-2005 at 01:51 PM.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:46 PM
^ Wow! Speaking of bad luck!! Probably the place that let your car get stolen should get you a replacement key since the key ws stolen with the car. Maybe you should think of changing the locks since some thief now has your door key. This could be expensive and they should pay. Good luck!

Old 06-27-2005, 11:15 PM
Talking Re: Break-ins/Thefts

Glad to hear your experiences. I did a search for "theft" etc. and found it helpful. Forgot how hot Xenon lights were. For those who have the 6MT a clutch club might be more useful than the steering wheel types ... only wish I did so earlier.

This is an awesome forum for G35 owners and those interested in them. Respect to the administrators.

trepix

Old 07-14-2005, 02:25 AM
Banned
driving a honda is stressfull, you never know if your car will be in the drive way when u go to work in the morning