G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Why I won't lower our G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 01:57 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Why I won't lower our G

A few people have asked why don't we lower our X, but besides driving closed wintery roads in the winter, I like to find a nice shady spot to Zaino the G in the summer. That spot is in my back yard under a big old tree, but our bungalow is built into a hill, and I only used to get into the back yard with my Z71 4x4. That has changed with the G35X , even though the tailpipe drags in the grass sometimes, and I have the summer performance tires on.

Attached Thumbnails Why I won't lower our G-yard-2000.jpg   Why I won't lower our G-yard-1999.jpg   Why I won't lower our G-yard-2001.jpg   Why I won't lower our G-mod-1992.jpg   Why I won't lower our G-mod-1994.jpg  

Old 06-28-2005, 02:20 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Seems reasonable to me. The car sits low as it is, and as of right now I have no intent of dropping my sedan either.

It's probably just me, but the revised bumpers and painted rocker panels on the 05s make the car look lower than previous model years (to my eye). It's probably just an illusion. The wheel gap is still there, but the clearance from the sides/front to the ground seems lower.

I have to be careful not to curb the front of the car now.

Great pictures - really beautiful area where you are. Your yard is gorgeous. I like the shot of the G 'sitting by the campfire...'

Old 06-28-2005, 02:42 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Damn, I've said it before and I'll say it again - that Lakeshore slate is a fantastic color. I don't even like blue and I love it. Very nice pictures!

Old 06-28-2005, 03:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm with you Wayne. Your car looks great the way it is, especially now that you have those nice 18's

I don't think my car would make it out of your yard the way it is.

Chico

Old 06-28-2005, 03:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your car does look great especially with the 18's. Have you thought of adding the rear spoiler? A few comments after adding mine are that it makes our cars look better because it gives the feel of more "wedge" in the appearance.

Old 06-28-2005, 03:55 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
LOL, come clean Wayne: you came into the drive too quick and slid off the d/way and down the embankment.....

haha, j/k, That yard is cool and shaded, I'd be temped to park there more often, and with 4WD, is easily accessible. You have a lovely home. and not bad rides either.
C.

Old 06-28-2005, 03:56 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by esfoad
Your car does look great especially with the 18's. Have you thought of adding the rear spoiler? A few comments after adding mine are that it makes our cars look better because it gives the feel of more "wedge" in the appearance.
I can't agree more. Our 04 has the spoiler, and our 05 looks like it's missing something when it's parked close by.

Old 06-28-2005, 04:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Very nice...looks great on the grass. I've noticed my 05 has a very thin flat black peice of trim on the rear bumper at the very bottom. I didn't even see it until I washed the car.

Old 06-28-2005, 04:31 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wayne,

Nice Grass! Nice Yard! and Nice Wheels!

Old 06-28-2005, 05:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
I can't agree more. Our 04 has the spoiler, and our 05 looks like it's missing something when it's parked close by.
Couldn't agree more. Your '05 is missing that tacked-on boy-racer look that's presented by the oversized and crappily designed Nissan spoiler on your '04.

I'm very anti-wing, purely from a design standpoint. Can you tell? However, a tasteful lip spoiler, such as those used on certain Audis, BMWs and Mercedes(es?), can work very well on a car and add a sporting touch. Over-wrought flying wingy-thingies, most commonly used by Japanese manufacturers, are distracting, juvenile and are about as subtle a design statement as pea green metallic paint. They hit you over the head and demand that you look at them, which distracts from the rest of the car.

There is a sedan owner here who added a lip spoiler, I think pulled from an M3, to his G35. Looked fantastic. Very elegant. Anybody got a pic?

Just my two cents. Feel free to throw both pennies back at me. Hard.

Old 06-28-2005, 05:34 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
It's probably just me, but the revised bumpers and painted rocker panels on the 05s make the car look lower than previous model years (to my eye). It's probably just an illusion. The wheel gap is still there, but the clearance from the sides/front to the ground seems lower.
I agree and it's much the reason I wanted black....it blends in the ugly unpainted lower rockers of my 03. They'll eventually be painted.

Old 06-28-2005, 06:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JKWright
Couldn't agree more. Your '05 is missing that tacked-on boy-racer look that's presented by the oversized and crappily designed Nissan spoiler on your '04.

I'm very anti-wing, purely from a design standpoint. Can you tell? However, a tasteful lip spoiler, such as those used on certain Audis, BMWs and Mercedes(es?), can work very well on a car and add a sporting touch. Over-wrought flying wingy-thingies, most commonly used by Japanese manufacturers, are distracting, juvenile and are about as subtle a design statement as pea green metallic paint. They hit you over the head and demand that you look at them, which distracts from the rest of the car.

There is a sedan owner here who added a lip spoiler, I think pulled from an M3, to his G35. Looked fantastic. Very elegant. Anybody got a pic?

Just my two cents. Feel free to throw both pennies back at me. Hard.
I disagree. I think the spoiler looks just right on there.

I think lip spoilers are a waste. All it amounts to is a piece of painted body trim.

Last edited by shodog; 07-05-2005 at 02:30 PM.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:52 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind words about our X.

GeeW...We love campfires, during the summer we have at least one a week, my kids are grown up and when they return home ,one of the first things they ask when they get their friends over "Okay if we have a campfire Dad?"

Picus...My wife picked out the color, now I just love it, I would get it again.

Chico...The car looks so much better with the 18s, thanks for setting me up with them .

Gsedanman...Colin next time you are up we can take your M back there also and have a detailing party. (I can pull you back out with the Z71 )

Spoilers...if the spoiler was a factory option when we ordered our G35X, we would have ordered it. We have grown to like it with a naked butt now, however if we were to add one now it would be a lip spoiler such as the Unlimited Tuning or the modified M3 spoiler that ma sha installed. I like them both ways .

Shodog..sweet car , looks awesome .

Mikeee2...thanks Bobby, did you do your deal yet, give me a shout when you figure what route you are going.

After I took the above pics I managed to get 2 coats of Zaino applied ( I also consumed about 3 Brewskis in the 85F temperatures in that time). That stuff is so easy to put on and buff off, luv it .

Wayne

Last edited by GEE35FX; 06-28-2005 at 08:12 PM.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Thanks everyone for the kind words about our X.
Oh. That's what I forgot. My apologies. Your car does look really good, along with your hilly lawn and green grass. Well done.
After I took the above pics I managed to get 2 coats of Zaino applied ( I also consumed about 3 Brewskis in the 85F temperatures in that time).
85 degrees sounds like winter coat weather to me right now.

Old 06-28-2005, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by JKWright
Is this the spoiler you are referring to. These pics are from Ma Sha's Cardomain site. Very nice job.

Attached Thumbnails Why I won't lower our G-s-spoiler-1.jpg   Why I won't lower our G-s-spoiler-2.jpg   Why I won't lower our G-s-spoiler-3.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why I won't lower our G