G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

YASGO... (raleigh area)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2003, 07:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
YASGO... (raleigh area)

Yet Another Satisfied G Owner.

This is my first post on the forum. I thought I'd share my buying experience. Hope that's ok.

I live in the Raleigh area and have been researching the G for a long time. I'm the kinda guy that waits to do the test drive as the very last step of the investigation (because I wanted to make sure i had cash in hand before deciding to buy).

I had already read everything there is to read from the many glowing G35 reviews, knew all the options and packages, and had called all around the country to get pricing before finally test driving on Friday at Infiniti of Raleigh.

My friend owns a hobby plane and said he would fly me anywhere within 600 miles to pick up a car so I started calling all up and down the East coast. Talked to a dealer in Atlanta who was willing to work up from invoice [i'm new to the forum so i don't know if it's kosher to say how much], but I had a fabulous experience at Infiniti of Raleigh, so I called them yesterday to see if they would match the deal to earn my business.

Bingo, they matched and I took ownership of a G35 sedan, premium, sport, aero, emerald green yesterday--just in time for Father's Day. Fabulous price, fabulous service.

If things go the way I think they will, my next car after this one will be the 2007 AWD V8 G35 (LOL!!) and Infiniti of Raleigh will once again have the chance to earn my biz.

I'm not one to drive wrecklessly, so you probably won't see me screaming past you on a neighborhood street--but I'm thrilled nonetheless. Honk if ya see me...

--Steve

Old 06-15-2003, 08:11 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: YASGO... (raleigh area)

Hey dude, Welcome to our little 'party'. Glad to have you aboard. Congrats on doing your homework and picking such a fine ride at what sounds like a decent price. We talk freely of costs and such (if you are comfortable doing so) to give others a head-up of pricing and deals available.
That AWD G35 V8 (or would that be a 'G45') would definitely be a hit around here and raise my eyebrows too. Let's hope it materializes
Don't forget to post some pics of your new ride in our 'Rides' (going thru 'My G35') Feel free to holler if you need some help and enjoy our fine forum. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=green>GSM</font color=green>

Old 06-15-2003, 08:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, my no-haggle price was $1000 over invoice including all fees except the NC 3% highway use tax. The guy in Atlanta probably would have done a couple hundred better than that but I would have had to take a day off of work to take the road trip back home and pay my buddy $150 for airplane fuel.

The Raleigh dealership was as professional and competent as I've ever seen in any dealership I've ever been in (I've been in some real loser joints) so they earned my business to be sure.

I might end up having problems with this car--you never know--but on paper and from what I've experienced so far this is my frigging dream car. If I had twice the amount I spent sitting in an envelope in my sock drawer, I'd *still* keep coming back to this car since it has that combination of "sporty yet refined" that I've always dreamed about and yet it represents fantastic reliability and value compared to the other cars in that class (namely BMW 330i).

BTW, I'm blabbing now but I had a really hard time deciding between the 5AT and the 6MT. In the end, I wanted my wife to be able to enjoy this car on occasion so I went with the automatic. She can do a stick but doesn't enjoy it. But I'll confess that the 6MT sure would have been a blast (and the tippy shifter on the 5AT is just not the same at all as a true manual).

--Steve

Old 06-17-2003, 06:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very cool...! Welcome aboard! Your friend was very nice to offer you a 600mile plane trip! hehe

Old 06-18-2003, 01:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yo bud

I used to live in Raleigh and was there last weekend at kings with my G - I think i saw you - what color??