G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

T-Bone accident at 55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 09:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Picture posting help

Not sure how to post the pics I took of the accident.
Can I get some instructions or an email to send to?

Old 06-30-2005, 10:21 PM
CCC
Glad that you are fine.

Originally Posted by DaddysG35
.... So I started to go straight out and turn left and the Grand Am was driving in the left hand blind spot of the Tahoe and over taking it. .... This car saved my life and saved me from any real bad injury as far as I can tell. ....
It could be also interpretted as G35 almost cost your life. No kidding. At least for me, when I drive my G35, I tend to be aggressive like in your situation. When I drive my Camry, I almost wait until road is clear because I know Camry is a slow car. This is a lesson to me. Thank you for sharing the story and hope things are well.

Old 07-01-2005, 02:30 AM
Glad you are ok

Old 07-01-2005, 09:02 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Sometimes accidents happen. I was driving at dusk and there was a car without it's headlights on approaching me. I kept flashing my lights and didn't even see the traffic light had changed to red. Next thing I remember was the impact into a Honda Civic and the expression on the guys face. My GT Mustang was totaled and the driver of the Civic had some broken ribs. All I could do was apoligize and explain the circumstances about the other car....

Good to hear the G is such a safe car since my 2 month old is a frequent passenger.

Old 07-01-2005, 10:34 AM
Codeflux has offered to post the pictures for me and I just sent them.
Thanks to everyone for the support and get wells!

I've been in the car's position that hit me before and had to lock up to avoid hitting someone pulling out of the same side street. It really doesn't have anything to do with being aggressive (CCC), I was not in a hurry to go anywhere. I wait forever everyday to pull out. It was just that the car was totally hidden from my view by the Tahoe that was turning right onto my street, I saw everyother car on the road and it looked clear like a Yugo could limp through, until boom. The officer that arrived on scene said that she knows this is a common accident at this location and (3) officers she works with had the same exact thing happen to them, turning just like I was off the same street in the past 2 years. The local police department has been putting pressure on the DOT to install a light at this location.

Future plans- I think I'm either going to buy a new 05 G35 or lease the M45 Sport. It depends on what the wife likes better, she drives it to work everyday. I get it on the weekends.

Old 07-01-2005, 11:51 AM
Glad to hear you walked away. Amazing how these cars hold up. Very reassuring to know that my kids will be in a safe ride.

Old 07-01-2005, 02:45 PM
SGT
It's amazing how little damage your G sustained if the other car was really going 55mph when it plowed into you. I'm not calling you a liar, but it's really incredible! Looks like the G is built like a tank.

Old 07-01-2005, 03:10 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Kudos for our G's side impact resistence. It's saved many lives I'm sure.
C.

Old 07-01-2005, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by SGT
It's amazing how little damage your G sustained if the other car was really going 55mph when it plowed into you. I'm not calling you a liar, but it's really incredible! Looks like the G is built like a tank.
Glad to hear you are ok also. That must have been a heck of an impact. Doesn’t really look like the other guy could have been going 55 mph though. What was the speed limit on the road? I would have thought that 55 mph would have cut the car in half?

Old 07-01-2005, 04:40 PM
I'm just amazed how the glass isn't all over the place. Side curtains attribute to this??

Old 07-01-2005, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by mpgxsvcd
Glad to hear you are ok also. That must have been a heck of an impact. Doesn’t really look like the other guy could have been going 55 mph though. What was the speed limit on the road? I would have thought that 55 mph would have cut the car in half?
The car was travelling at between 45 and 55. Just before impact she locked up the brakes. I saw the car nose dive and then I turned my head away from impact. It was weird, slow motion even, but I know couple in the car behind her said they were doing 45 and she was a little faster. She braked just before impact. I'm sure she dropped some speed, but I was busy thinking Oh **it.

I believe the insurance company will total it. They have a collision shop looking at it to confirm. There is no way I'd consider letting my wife drive it after this if they attempt to fix it. It will never have the structural integrity it had prior to the collision. I know it hurt, it hurts when I laugh or cough on my left side and the golf game is definitely off for Saturday. I can't swing my left shoulder without some pain. It is all going to be sore and stiff for at least a week.

Old 07-01-2005, 07:43 PM
Florida G35 Club Member
Damn, glad to know I am driving a car that can withstand an impact like that. I have been in a bad accident before myself and I know the soreness you are referring to, it sucks but atleast you made it out alright.
Lips

Old 07-01-2005, 07:55 PM
I got hit on the passenger side and received about the same amount of damage in late May. I figure I got hit around 30mph but the lady was in a parking lot and hit the accelerator instead of the brake so she did not slow before impact. My guess is that she bled off 20-30 mph by braking. Don't mean to worry you but my car was not even close to being totalled by All State. I did have a new 2005 car though (2 weeks old) so my $13K repair estimate was not close. Since you have a little older car you may be more fortunate. I am supposed to get my car back in mid July so I know how you feel...

Old 07-18-2005, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by azlane
I got hit on the passenger side and received about the same amount of damage in late May. I figure I got hit around 30mph but the lady was in a parking lot and hit the accelerator instead of the brake so she did not slow before impact. My guess is that she bled off 20-30 mph by braking. Don't mean to worry you but my car was not even close to being totalled by All State. I did have a new 2005 car though (2 weeks old) so my $13K repair estimate was not close. Since you have a little older car you may be more fortunate. I am supposed to get my car back in mid July so I know how you feel...
Update, Allstate totalled the car. I just picked up a new one Sunday! Love the new items (smart key, new gauges, exterior buttons) I also like the fact that there is less power at the low end, no more traction control light when you touch the gas more than 10%.

Does my Stillen Cold Air Intake fit on the new 05 G35 Sedan I have not tried it yet?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: T-Bone accident at 55