G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

G35 the new "drug dealers car?"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 12:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you get his badge? If you did you should go down to speak to his supervisor..I'm sure there is a complaint process you can follow. There was no reason for the cops to pull you over. THEY can not stop you unless you commit a violation.

Old 07-18-2005, 01:23 AM
Gangster Member
Originally Posted by Machine Head
Man am I heated right now, got pulled over last ngiht for "suspicion of drug dealing" WTF!!!

Long story short; My boy called me at 2am for a ride home. He was too drunk to drive and I was up playing Halo 2 on Xbox Live anyway. I drive down to the bar, pick him up and drop him off. As I'm letting him out in front of his apartment complex he's leaning in the passenger window and shaking my hand for the drive home. Just then a police cruiser pules up behind me. I say later and drive off. The cop tails me for about 2 miles (running my plate) then turns on his blues and pulls me over.
well no shlt bro, the shaking a hand from your car at 2am made them think it was a drug deal going, but i agree those cops sometimes act like they own the the fvckin planet, if only tryed talkin to us like human beings

Old 07-18-2005, 01:31 AM
Originally Posted by Corgidog
Just curious-you said your boy called you- did you mean your son or just a friend as your story indicated that you were too young to have a son who drives?
Let me guess--you're 57, lily-white, and live in rural Utah because Salt Lake is just too wild and crazy.
Just busing your ***** "My boy" is slang for "friend."

Old 07-18-2005, 02:04 AM
Mik
vette87,

the police can stop u for just about anything... it's just how they articulate why they stopped u. believe me, there is ALWAYS a reason. if an officer can't come up with one, he's in the wrong profession.

Machine Head,

i have to agree, if the officer asked those specific questions to u, it was very inappropriate and not professional. devil's advocate here, u were in a bad part of town, a handshake can look like the passing of drugs, u leaving the area as the police car pulled up, and u going for documents (maybe leaning over to the glove box or moving quickly in the car) would make the officer suspicious. as for the racial profiling, i'm sure it happens... happens to me when i'm in the USA. it's just the reality and when it happens, i'm polite and respectful, which usually helps 'de-esculate' the situation. a little respect (even if it is not genuine) goes a LONG way with police.

on a somewhat related note, has anyone seen the Chris Rock 'public service' video on "How Not To Get Your *** Kicked By the Police"? it is actually insightful and DAMN FUNNY!!!

Last edited by Mik; 07-18-2005 at 02:08 AM.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:20 AM
You flip him **** not once but twice? Maybe there was a call looking for someone driving a similar car? Remember these guys have a lot riskier job than you or I. We make a big mistake and get fired. They make one and don't come home to their family.
Once you get pulled over, just sit there, don't move around, dont' turn on your dome light etc. Just keep your hands on the wheel and do what they ask and you would have been back on your way.

His questions aren't out of the ordinary. They ask you stuff they already know to see if you are who you say you are. Registration doesn't mean crap. Everyone's is in their glovebox. They are just double checking. I assume you would be pissed if someone stole your car, wallet etc., got pulled over and they let them go without asking these questions?

Old 07-18-2005, 03:36 AM
my younger brother had a cop pull him over while he was WALKING down his own street from a corner gas station. He asked him for his driver's license and any ID. He said that it was in his house but the cop wouldn't allow him into his own home to go and get it. So while he is sitting in the backseat of a police car with no ID his girlfriend pulls up and wonders what's going on. He lives in a majority white neighbor hood in guess where (Mississippi). The cops said that there had been burglaries in the neighborhood and that he could have been a suspect. Of course even his white neighbors vouched for him but they had to wait until his girlfriend brought his ID out of the house before believing him. He told them thanks for protecting his home from the "burglars".

Old 07-18-2005, 04:02 AM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sedan
There was no reason for the cops to pull you over. THEY can not stop you unless you commit a violation.
Not true. If the officer believed a drug deal had taken place that's enough to pull you over.

i'm polite and respectful, which usually helps 'de-esculate' the situation. a little respect (even if it is not genuine) goes a LONG way with police.
Very true.

Once you get pulled over, just sit there, don't move around, dont' turn on your dome light etc. Just keep your hands on the wheel and do what they ask and you would have been back on your way.
I agree except shutting off the ignition, turning on the interior domes and rolling down the windows is a courtesy to the officer. Don't pull out your wallet or root through the glove for your reg. Keep your seatbelt fastened and wait for the officer to instruct you on what to do. If you need to go into the glove box or other hidden area, tell the officer first before you reach in there.

Old 07-18-2005, 04:25 AM
Some of these responses are insane.......Racial profiling is ok because cops have a tough job...... It's amusing how most Americans could give a rats *** about something until it affects them directly...This is exactly why we all are well on our way to losing the majority of our civil liberties within the next couple of years.....

Old 07-18-2005, 04:46 AM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by Deadwrong
Some of these responses are insane.......Racial profiling is ok because cops have a tough job
I don't think it has been established that he was racially profiled.

Old 07-18-2005, 09:04 AM
Originally Posted by Machine Head
Man am I heated right now, got pulled over last ngiht for "suspicion of drug dealing" WTF!!!

Long story short; My boy called me at 2am for a ride home. He was too drunk to drive and I was up playing Halo 2 on Xbox Live anyway. I drive down to the bar, pick him up and drop him off. As I'm letting him out in front of his apartment complex he's leaning in the passenger window and shaking my hand for the drive home. Just then a police cruiser pules up behind me. I say later and drive off. The cop tails me for about 2 miles (running my plate) then turns on his blues and pulls me over.

I wasn't speeding, swerving or doing anything wrong. I turn on my interior light and grab my registration. Roll down my window and wait for him to come over. To my surprise he comes over the loudspeaker and asks me to step out of the car?! Another cop pulls up and the first cop walks over,and asks for my license and reg. I ask him what I have done wrong and he yells "I said I want your License and reg!". He tells me to put my hands on the trunk and stay put. After a few minutes he comes back and asks
"Is this your car?" (He saw my fvcking name on the registration) Now I'm insulted, so I admit I get fresh. I say "No it's your wifes...of course it's my car and what the fvck kinda question is that? you saw my name on the registration!" The other cop comes over and tells me not to be a smart ***.

Then he asks me how a young kid like me could a afford a nice car like this. I am normally a very composed man, but at this point I am very angry. So I say "One of us went to community college and majored in racial profiling, the other has his MBA and is a succesfull business man in the financial industry...how the **** do you think I can afford it." The second cop now comes over and asks if I mind if they search my car. I let them know they'll need a search warrent and the shift supervisor if they want to do that. The two cops walk away and chat for a minute. The second cop returns to give me my license and papers. He says "You should be carefull around here, this part of town and a car like that could paint the wrong image."

Cliff Notes: Young Hispanic male doing the right thing get's racial profiled in New Hampshire.

Well I can see how you might be upset. I have had some similiar situation.
But to get wise with the cops is not a good idea. It is summer and there is much more going on. And even if you do not do drugs, etc... you should cooperate as best you can. As for profiling it is a double edged sword. They have to catch the bad guy and well they have to inconvenience some folks while doing so.

I know all the good people get insulted... And if you have a nice ride...do not worry about it... A symbol of success is all. if you got it legit and all be proud of that fact.

Old 07-18-2005, 09:31 AM
my sob story - when i was in iraq, i experienced a few unpleasantries. i thought who the hell could do this day in and day out for more than a couple of years?
when i got back, i got pulled over for doing about 7-10 over... i don't remember exactly because once the cop found out i was military and just got back from overseas, he thanked me, we talked for a few minutes, and he let me go. and then i thought, these people do this everyday. some do it for themselves, others do it for you and me. it was i should be thanking him, because that is his life... possibly putting himself in harms way everyday, not knowing whether or not he is coming home that night. it is a very real and scary feeling to have, and i respect anyone that knowingly makes that decision to protect others either directly (unselfishly) or indirectly (selfishly).

machine head - you sound intelligent enough to realize the perception of the incident, and, imo, did nothing to improve your situation. what you did do is build up enough ***** to be able to say,"i told a cop a go f**k off!! and he did!!! cops are stupid racial profilers!!!" nothing more. they left you alone, and went on to go try to make some other street more safe for you, so your car doesn't get stolen... and they didn't need you to say,"thank you for being vigilant."
-ever thank anyone for checking your id when you present your credit card? makes you think... i appreciate when people are doing a service to protect my interests, it seems to me you don't.

the end (it seemed long enough to call it a book)

Old 07-18-2005, 10:11 AM
Let's not forget that racial profiling has it's place as well. In this society we are going to lose some freedom thanks to those that have hijakced a religion. Don't blame cops trying to protect you, blame the f-ing hijackers who kill innocent people, because the people in the society that affords them the very freedoms they live under, have casual sex or drink alchohol. Frisking my lily white gradmother is a waste of time at a bus terminal; there should be a targeted profile or cops are wasting thier time for the sake of appearances. The irony of democracy is sometimes too much for most to comphrehend.

Last edited by SixFive; 07-18-2005 at 10:24 AM.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:43 AM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
This took place in NH? lol
What town? I've never seen "bad parts" of NH.

Old 07-18-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by Mik
has anyone seen the Chris Rock 'public service' video on "How Not To Get Your *** Kicked By the Police"? it is actually insightful and DAMN FUNNY!!!
Yes, there's already a link to it earlier in this thread.

Old 07-18-2005, 11:45 AM
Machine Head,
I can relate to what you went through. A few years ago, I had a similar experience in Huntington Beach. Had just got our new car, '95 GTI w/ tinted windows. My wife who was pregnant at the time was w/ me. I get pulled over and the first thing the a**hole asks me is if I have drugs in the car and what was I doing in the area? WTF! Now why would he ask me that? HMMM???? I'm Latino, with a cap on backwards, and a goatie. Let me see??? Gives me a ticket for the windows and for speeding, which I did not contest, but he also went on to write that I was driving wrecklessly. Yah, with my 8 month pregnant wife in the car. BULLSH**! Anyway, after the RACIAL PROFILING incident , he goes on and tells me why he pulled me over. Needless to say I went on to fight the ticket and won b/c he did not show.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 the new "drug dealers car?"