G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

How do you organize your mp3 CDs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 04:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do you organize your mp3 CDs?

Brand new owner of a 2005 G35 sport+premium+nav (literally fresh off the truck the day I picked her up!)

Anywho... On my first burn, I thought it logical to organize each artist in its own folder, but when you scroll, it just shows "FLDR 1," which kinda doesn't make that easy (unless I remember which # is which artist). I know I can change the display to show folder instead of ID3 title, but that only appears after the song's been playing so it doesn't help during scrolling.

Right now, I just loaded a grip of songs on a CD and play it on mix, but if I want to hear a certain song it's really hard to find.

I've considered making each folder a playlist, but in the end I may just have to keep a little printout of what artist is in what # folder, but wondering what others have done!

Old 07-26-2005, 04:24 PM
i just keep it on SHUFFLE. random chaos is refreshing...........

Old 07-26-2005, 04:27 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
I gave up trying to organzie and just bump the scan until I find the tunes that suit my mood.

I try to keep similar types of music on the same CD. I know basically what I have loaded at a given time so it's just a matter of landing on the right disc to find what suits.

Old 07-26-2005, 04:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by davidology
Brand new owner of a 2005 G35 sport+premium+nav (literally fresh off the truck the day I picked her up!)

Anywho... On my first burn, I thought it logical to organize each artist in its own folder, but when you scroll, it just shows "FLDR 1," which kinda doesn't make that easy (unless I remember which # is which artist). I know I can change the display to show folder instead of ID3 title, but that only appears after the song's been playing so it doesn't help during scrolling.

Right now, I just loaded a grip of songs on a CD and play it on mix, but if I want to hear a certain song it's really hard to find.

I've considered making each folder a playlist, but in the end I may just have to keep a little printout of what artist is in what # folder, but wondering what others have done!
Can you explain how you organize by folder? i use realplayer to burn my mp3 cds. right now, it looks like all my songs are in 1 folder. i wanted to put my songs into different folders by artist as well but can't figure out how to do it.
Thx!

Old 07-26-2005, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by dfw1972
Can you explain how you organize by folder? i use realplayer to burn my mp3 cds. right now, it looks like all my songs are in 1 folder. i wanted to put my songs into different folders by artist as well but can't figure out how to do it.
Thx!
I just drag and drop from Windows Explorer into Nero (or your burning software of choice). Most of my stuff is already in folders by artist, but you can create your own by clicking the New Folder icon (at least that's how Nero does it).

Old 07-26-2005, 08:55 PM
I thought you just have to rename the folder to whatever you want and it'll display the folder name. Not 100% sure. I'll read the manual. I've been wanting to play with this feature for a couple of days now. Just haven't had time to get around to it.

If you have WindowsXP, you can simply drag and drop your files and folders onto your CD burner and then click on the balloon that pops up on the bottom right to start the writing process. I think it's a much easier and quicker way of burning files straight onto cd.

Old 07-26-2005, 09:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
I gave up trying to organzie and just bump the scan until I find the tunes that suit my mood.

I try to keep similar types of music on the same CD. I know basically what I have loaded at a given time so it's just a matter of landing on the right disc to find what suits.
I use Itunes and try to burn CDs according to mood the way GeeWilikers does. A few of the CDs in my player right now include:
CD of hip hop
CD of harder rock
CD of music both the wife and I like
CD of music I listened to in college

I write the band names directly on the CD.

Old 07-27-2005, 03:07 AM
i slap a 100 songs on the cd using itunes

i listen to music a lot at home so i already kinda have them in the order i like and i usually end up playing the first 15-20 songs only anyways so i dont really organize them but if i am really bored i might try to one day

Old 07-27-2005, 03:39 AM
I scan through all my 100+ songs....I'm afraid my switch is gonna die in a few years though

Old 07-27-2005, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by badtziscool
I thought you just have to rename the folder to whatever you want and it'll display the folder name. Not 100% sure. I'll read the manual. I've been wanting to play with this feature for a couple of days now. Just haven't had time to get around to it.
It will display the folder, but only after a delay, and if you have the display set to display folder (but I have mine set to display name). Blah! Something tells me Bose didn't think this all the way through!