G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

test drove a 325i ($36k) and 330i ($45k) today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 11:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
As mentioned in another thread and featured (price reference) in the new Motor Trend comparo, there is no 330 on the planet worth $47K. BMW has lost their mind.

BMWs are very nice, very overpriced cars. Period. (IMO)
This makes me wonder what the New M3 will cost? with V8 power?....

as for the $47,000 for a 330...i would never spend that on a 4 door 330...

Old 08-08-2005, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by allforthecash
... the interior of my 330ci, door feel, panel construction, seat construction, down to the stitches they use, Paint Finish... orange peel, and even down to how the bumper is attached to the body is in NO WAY up to par with the infiniti...
"funny guy"???? what the F*CK? No i'm not funny but thanks for your point of view.
I beg to differ. You're hilarious. I wholeheartedly agree with your 330 being in no way up to par with the Infiniti regarding fit and finish. Couldn't have said it better myself.

On a more serious note, we'll have to agree to disagree here. BMW makes wonderful (really!) products that I've enjoyed driving and/or riding in over the years. Their chassis tuning is uniformly excellent, with just the right amount of firmness, road- and steering-feel for my taste. If I were a leaser who was really jonesing for a 3-series, I'd lease for a year or maybe two. Beyond that, my bank account says I should pass. And purchase? You've got to be kidding me, unless I lived within walking distance to the dealership.

Old 08-08-2005, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by jawjaw

I'm sure BWM does some things better than Infiniti but they should since they are much more expensive. I just don't see how you can directly compare two vehicles that have a big price difference.

I second that. And I personally like the road feel and handling of the 6MT better than the 330. Please don't flame, this is just a subjective opinion. As for the 325 which should be the real comparison with the G35, there is no question.

Old 08-08-2005, 02:44 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
This makes me wonder what the New M3 will cost? with V8 power?....

as for the $47,000 for a 330...i would never spend that on a 4 door 330...
I'll bet the new M3 bases around $60K, with an options and TTL moving it close to $70K - perhaps even more.

My reasoning?

Look at the new Audi RS4. Car & Driver tested the new RS4, M3 and C55 this month. The V8 RS4 was nearly $80K if I remember correctly. Holy cheesecake batman - that's whacked.

Old 08-08-2005, 04:25 PM
I read the same article on the RS4. The pricing seemed ludicrious to me too. For $80K, you can take a quick walk over to the M-B dealer and buy an E55 AMG that's substantially larger than the little RS and will blow its doors off in the quarter mile.

I have no idea what Audi is thinking with its pricing on that car. Somehow they let a drunk accountant write up the Monroney sticker and nobody caught it.

Old 08-08-2005, 04:35 PM
Holy cow, $47K is just a boatload of scratch for a 3 series ... that's $18K more than I paid for the G. Impossible for the 3 to win a comparison of ANY kind once price is considered ... I don't care how nice their leatherette is!

Old 08-08-2005, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
I'll bet the new M3 bases around $60K, with an options and TTL moving it close to $70K - perhaps even more.

My reasoning?

Look at the new Audi RS4. Car & Driver tested the new RS4, M3 and C55 this month. The V8 RS4 was nearly $80K if I remember correctly. Holy cheesecake batman - that's whacked.
Yeah..i saw that review...and was shocked at the 80k price tag as well, for a second I thought it was a mistake!

Old 08-08-2005, 08:53 PM
Sorry for the post!

Last edited by allforthecash; 08-08-2005 at 11:25 PM.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:43 PM
I think I've figured it out, as long as people are willing to spend on individulism and pay an elastic premium for it in what seems to be an economy driven by standard of living mania, BMW is going to ***** us. They will make class leading cars and charge 15k more than what everyone else will because of the well deserved image coupled with the premium price inelasticity.

F that - I'm getting a hybrid or an old wrangler - hell I only drive 7k a year, how about a 1985 hyundia. Paying to be in the entry lux class is becoming a joke. Until I don't have to work or worry and get a 2020 GTR next to my 2019 Porche Cayenne, I'm not wasting anymore hard earned $ on a car maker that raises prices becasue other cars are so good that price is the only differentiating factor. About 5% (95% to the maker) of the overpaid premium going to some phucking new walnut trim that no-one else has or some frikking active steering system that makes your car unsafe. Wow, I'm sick of entry lux prices going up can you tell?

Old 08-08-2005, 10:10 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
the bmw still has a quality build that is better than the infiniti across all its modelsPERIOD.

next topic.
I still think that's an entirely subjective opinion on your part. I think Infiniti has better build quality and reliability than BMW.

Old 08-08-2005, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by picus112
Ya, I have to chime in on the build quality too. Having owned a BMW out of warranty I'd never, ever, do it again. I don't think I'm alone.
amen!!!

Old 08-08-2005, 10:16 PM
and after all this...you agree...On the serious note the only thing hilarious about this...is you... ....

The reason forums were built was for people to post their feed back, opinions, point of view etc etc...not for other a$$holes to go around saying others are "funny", and then come back and agree.....i don't care either way and this is pointless..the bmw still has a quality build that is better than the infiniti across all its modelsPERIOD.

next topic.
you really are pretty funny, not hilarious but funny... m35/45 has a much nicer fit/finish than either the 3 or 5 series.

Old 08-08-2005, 11:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
and after all this...you agree...On the serious note the only thing hilarious about this...is you... ....

The reason forums were built was for people to post their feed back, opinions, point of view etc etc...not for other a$$holes to go around saying others are "funny", and then come back and agree.....i don't care either way and this is pointless..the bmw still has a quality build that is better than the infiniti across all its modelsPERIOD.

next topic.
There better be "quality build" for the high dollar pricing BMW has. You are a real classy individual coming on here and calling people names like that, calm down!

Old 08-08-2005, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by JKWright
I beg to differ. You're hilarious. I wholeheartedly agree with your 330 being in no way up to par with the Infiniti regarding fit and finish. Couldn't have said it better myself.
He didn't get it did he, JK?

Old 08-08-2005, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
There better be "quality build" for the high dollar pricing BMW has. You are a real classy individual coming on here and calling people names like that, calm down!

I didn't start it , but I don't get what the big deal is about the cars? a bmw is a bmw and a infiniti is a infiniti... who cares, i just pointed out the things i liked/disliked about both of them....next thing u know it turning into a flamming war

Last edited by allforthecash; 08-08-2005 at 11:31 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: test drove a 325i ($36k) and 330i ($45k) today