G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Rattles..N...Shakes???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 05:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
=(. I have rattles like you guys too. I'm afraid to let those so CALLED certified technican to fix it. I just don't like my new car being toyed with. They have TSBS, yet they could not fix it. I think I'll lived with my rattles.

Old 08-18-2005, 06:05 PM
For those in the chicagoland area..which infiniti service dept do you take it too. So far I've only taken it to Glenview where I bought it. I live in schaumburg it's quite a hike especially during rush hours since that's the only time I have. Perhaps I should take it to Motor Werks instead..was wondering how the Lisle service dept is.

My crap rattles when the volume is on 13 with bass at 0!!

Old 08-18-2005, 06:14 PM
I start the car and turn on the car stereo really loud and i don't hear a thing !!! LOL

Old 08-18-2005, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by mailmanmike
I start the car and turn on the car stereo really loud and i don't hear a thing !!! LOL
HAHA! I've tried that a few times..and it works...til I have to lower the volume again

Old 08-18-2005, 07:02 PM
LOL!! When it's too loud, you won't hear any small creeking noises!!

Old 08-19-2005, 11:00 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
in chicagoland ive been taking it to Infiniti of Orland Park
im gettting pissed off with them though

Old 08-19-2005, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by ariesxtreme
Okay....I've taken the car in twice for service because the driver side door panel rattles. First time..they replaced the speaker..which makes no sense because it wasn't even blown but whatever, second time they said they fixed it and as soon as I drove away..hit a bump or two or if just little bit of bass kicks in on a song. Has anyone else had this problem and if so..was it ever fixed?
I've got a rattle (more like a squeek) in both front doors...I picked up my loaner this morning (7500 service) and what happens at the first bump? Same noise from the driver's side door in the 2000 mile loaner....

Old 08-19-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by JSlodown
Anyone see the Motor Trend comparo with the A4 and 330 vs the G? Interesting ride noise graph showing their tested G with a TON of rattles too. Says much about build quality IMO... Just hope the engine doesn't "rattle"...
I saw that and thought it was a GREAT chart to have in comparisons. I traded my '99 328i in on my '04 G35x and in driving dynamics the G is equal or better than my 3 was, I think. It's the size of a 5-series, to boot, which is part of the reason I traded.

In the end, though, what keeps me from loving my G the way I loved my 328 (no matter how good the G is, I still sometimes want that car back!) is just its general lack of "solidity" over bumps and other imperfections. It just feels "cheaper" and less solid when driving around. The sensations I get when driving it just aren't the refined/high-quality ones I got with the BMW (or get with our '05 Honda Odyssey, for that matter). Ah, well. Still love the G and would choose it again given the price difference between it and the BMW. Just wish they could make it feel more "solid".

Old 08-22-2005, 12:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jasperg35
i've got a similar issue. i did call corporate. i explained that there was an issue fixing my complaints, rattles in four places. they told me that the engineers at corporate should have been involved if the techs can't fix it. they were never contacted. so they've recommended that i reschedule another visit to my dealer, and then call corporate with the time and date, so they can be sure that they were consulted. i reported this to my dealer who wasn't to happy that i 'told on them'. but never the less, its not their 30k. another issue i called about was the fact that the nearest dealer was 100 miles away. i don't mind taking it up there once or twice a year, but three times because they can't do a good job? so i demanded they reimburse me for the travel on the revisits. the real issue is the 200 miles i put on my car. it normally takes me 4 weeks to put that on. so they've agreed to 'work out a deal' with the infiniti dealership should i EVER have to go back for a revisit.
so to answer your question, yes, i've called, and they've been very helpful. just as long as you don't ask for the sun and the moon, you might get a little further than speaking with the manager of the dealership.
Well, I took my car in on Friday morning. I had the assistant service manager sit in my car as I played music so he could hear the rattles. He heard them, even though it was only coming from the driver side and not the passenger side. (I was actually a bit surprised he heard the rattling from the passenger seat. If I had to guess, i would assume he's dealt with this problem before and therefore, knew what to listen for) I told him I knew I should expect some vibrations when I blast the music, but he said it really shouldn't do that at the level I was playing it at (volume level 16). I was told they fixed the rattles, but I still haven't picked up my car yet cause they had to replace one of my splash guards (on order). anyways.... i'm not holding my breath, but i am keeping my fingers crossed.

its interesting that the loaner, an 05, had the same rattling (much worse actually) on the drivers side. Also, i know lots of people really hate Bose, but i definitely noticed that the stock stereo is not as "full" as the Bose system. almost sounds a bit "mono" instead of "stereo". Bose might not be all that, but it is significantly better than the stock system, IMHO. Also, man did it SUCK not having the Intelligent Key!!!

Old 08-22-2005, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by ariesxtreme
For those in the chicagoland area..which infiniti service dept do you take it too. So far I've only taken it to Glenview where I bought it. I live in schaumburg it's quite a hike especially during rush hours since that's the only time I have. Perhaps I should take it to Motor Werks instead..was wondering how the Lisle service dept is.

My crap rattles when the volume is on 13 with bass at 0!!
I have only had to take it in once to have them put on the plates and check the tire pressure light that I had on the dash. I bought my g35s rwd at Fletcher Jones Infiniti so that's where I took it and probably will continue taking as it is in my area.

Max

Old 08-22-2005, 12:57 PM
Yeah the rattles are the only thing about the g that i cant stand. I have an '05x. Its got about 6600 miles now. didnt get one rattle for about 3k. im getting a really annoying rattle around the shifter when im driving. everytime i slow down or accelerate. it sounds like something is bouncing around in there. Im more afraid of infiniti looking at it and making it worse. i get a noise that comes from the tweeters too. when i put my hand over it while its doing it the noise goes away. And i also get noise from what seems like all four windows. Other than that the car drives great. No complaints in that area. Man they really should put a little more effort into the interior. my 87 oldsmobile didnt have this much interior noise. The said thing is im not exaggerating.

Old 08-22-2005, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by themax98
Yeah the rattles are the only thing about the g that i cant stand. I have an '05x. Its got about 6600 miles now. didnt get one rattle for about 3k. im getting a really annoying rattle around the shifter when im driving. everytime i slow down or accelerate. it sounds like something is bouncing around in there. Im more afraid of infiniti looking at it and making it worse. i get a noise that comes from the tweeters too. when i put my hand over it while its doing it the noise goes away. And i also get noise from what seems like all four windows. Other than that the car drives great. No complaints in that area. Man they really should put a little more effort into the interior. my 87 oldsmobile didnt have this much interior noise. The said thing is im not exaggerating.
The shifter noise was fixed in my....they fixed that the first time around..but the door panel seems to be the reliving issue with alot of owners unfortunately. I'd take it in for the shifter issue though..I'm sure they can fix that one.

Old 08-22-2005, 05:52 PM
So I got the G back Saturday morning after they kept it for 2 days to "fix" the rattles. I think they just jammed some empty beer cans in the door to quiet things down. It didn't work. In addition to changing the rattle into a more constant vibration they scratched the outside of the door (the black portion at the rear adge of the window) and got some grease on the drivers seat. They now have my car again. At least I have a loaner.

They claim to have installed dynamat in the front doors. I may have to open them up and take a look, because dynamat generally works.... I should've listened to my parents and bought a Saturn. They're neat.

Old 08-22-2005, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by JSlodown
So I got the G back Saturday morning after they kept it for 2 days to "fix" the rattles. I think they just jammed some empty beer cans in the door to quiet things down. It didn't work. In addition to changing the rattle into a more constant vibration they scratched the outside of the door (the black portion at the rear adge of the window) and got some grease on the drivers seat. They now have my car again. At least I have a loaner.

They claim to have installed dynamat in the front doors. I may have to open them up and take a look, because dynamat generally works.... I should've listened to my parents and bought a Saturn. They're neat.
JSlo - don't give up. Ride their ***, pull on their if you must while you ride their *** to get it done! I don't trust stealerships at all. I for one am going to order the parts and do it my damn self which is sad to say. Seems like in this day and age, all one can depend on is himself for some things....

Old 08-23-2005, 03:28 PM
They're keeping it overnight - again... That's allright - now I don't have to pay for parking at my girlfriends place tonight. I can just leave the loaner out on the street...

This sucks. Anyone try out one of those new fancy kias yet??? I'll bet they don't rattle.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.