G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Rattles..N...Shakes???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 03:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rattles..N...Shakes???

Okay....I've taken the car in twice for service because the driver side door panel rattles. First time..they replaced the speaker..which makes no sense because it wasn't even blown but whatever, second time they said they fixed it and as soon as I drove away..hit a bump or two or if just little bit of bass kicks in on a song. Has anyone else had this problem and if so..was it ever fixed?

Old 08-12-2005, 05:10 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeh i have the same problem on the passanger side, they dont ****en fix it i just stuck a piece of paper between the panels so theres not room for play and its ok for now

Old 08-12-2005, 05:24 PM
It works on my machine
I have a very annoying loud click in my driver door, but only with the window up. I plan to take it back to the dealer when I get my oil changed.

Old 08-12-2005, 05:25 PM
haha! you stuck a piece of paper? I know it's the door panel but I can't quite make it out to where exactly on the door panel. I think it's close to the seat belt near the door opening. I'm gonna take it in a 3rd time and exactly have one of them sit in the car with me for a test drive so they can hear it.

Old 08-12-2005, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by MrBig
I have a very annoying loud click in my driver door, but only with the window up. I plan to take it back to the dealer when I get my oil changed.
Mr Big....

If you don't mind me asking....where do you take it to. I take it to the one in Glenview where I purchased it. Don't get me wrong..their customer service is excellent...but that noise..arrrg! And yes...it's more apparent when the window is up.

Old 08-12-2005, 05:30 PM
It works on my machine
I got my G at Infiinti of Lisle. I haven't been there for services yet, only have 2900 miles on the car, but in a few hundred I plan on taking it back to them.

Old 08-12-2005, 05:39 PM
Banned
i had a noise like that when my window was down so they replaced something inside the window, the regulator i think and that fixed the problem i just had that rattle on the passagner side

Trending Topics

Old 08-12-2005, 05:45 PM
That's what I can't distinguish..if it's the window..or the panel. My b/f said they would probably put a piece of foam or something to close the gap which could perhaps fix the prob...I wish they would take that approach...because I get frustrated everytime I hear it.

Old 08-12-2005, 05:58 PM
Banned
foam, piece of paper it will do it for you try to press the panels when you hear the noise and then maybe you can distinguish where the rattle is from

Old 08-12-2005, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by LuXXXz
i had a noise like that when my window was down so they replaced something inside the window, the regulator i think and that fixed the problem i just had that rattle on the passagner side
Windows up, windows down, front doors - sounds like there are too many to pinpoint, so I'm going to post this in case it can help any of your rattle woes. There's a TSB (supposedly for the rear doors, but not sure if it can apply to the front door as well) for a rattle coming from inside the doors: http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ownershi.../ITB05-034.htm .

Currently, I'm trying to get rid of the rattle that sounds like it's coming from the vent but it's actually a rattle coming from the door panel and vent rubbing together. I think it's similar to LuXXXz rattle where putting something in between the panels can stop it.

Good luck getting your rattles fixed! Please let us know how it went and if there was any success.

Old 08-18-2005, 03:27 PM
Anyone had any luck with the dealer? I am going in for my second oil change tomorrow. Will see if they can do something about the ticking sound coming from the top of both my front doors.

If anyone has had a fixed, please let me know what was done so I can ask them to do the same. Thanks.

If they fix the problem, I'll post an update.

Old 08-18-2005, 04:47 PM
I'm getting my rattles fixed today. I dropped it off for the 1st oil change and told them there was a bass rattle and an intermittent rattle coming from the front doors. Obviously, they couldn't reproduce either rattle (the bass rattle was very conspicuous), so I brought the car back in and took the foreman for a ride on my way into work one morning. He couldn't deny the rattle with me sitting in the car too. I think that is the trick to getting the rattles fixed/acknowledged. Dealers will NEVER find a rattle on their own. This guy also told me that Infiniti will advocate fixing bass rattles only at volume 15 or less, so find a bassy tune that will guarantee a rattle for demo.

Anyone see the Motor Trend comparo with the A4 and 330 vs the G? Interesting ride noise graph showing their tested G with a TON of rattles too. Says much about build quality IMO... Just hope the engine doesn't "rattle"...

Old 08-18-2005, 04:54 PM
That's what I actually plan on doing..I've taken mine in twice and they couldn't fix it..probably because they didn't want to acknowledge it. Next time, I'm having someone come with me for a drive..and yes it's usually with the bass with the windows up, but also on bumps too that the front door panels creek/rattle.

Old 08-18-2005, 05:12 PM
Banned
you guys dont even know how pissed of i am about infiniti service, i went in there 3 times already with other problems and told them about the rattle they couldnt find it, the last time i told them to come by the car and ill show them so the f#ckin jerk off service guy says to me you should turn the bass down and keep in mind the volume was at like 16-18 and the bass at +2 and you can hear the rattle, i told them if they dont fix it im gettin corporate involved, because this is ridiculous, and they said, they'll go on a ride with me next time i come, i asked them about free oil changes and they said they dont offer incentives like that, anyone got anything ever from complaining to corporate???

Old 08-18-2005, 05:31 PM
i've got a similar issue. i did call corporate. i explained that there was an issue fixing my complaints, rattles in four places. they told me that the engineers at corporate should have been involved if the techs can't fix it. they were never contacted. so they've recommended that i reschedule another visit to my dealer, and then call corporate with the time and date, so they can be sure that they were consulted. i reported this to my dealer who wasn't to happy that i 'told on them'. but never the less, its not their 30k. another issue i called about was the fact that the nearest dealer was 100 miles away. i don't mind taking it up there once or twice a year, but three times because they can't do a good job? so i demanded they reimburse me for the travel on the revisits. the real issue is the 200 miles i put on my car. it normally takes me 4 weeks to put that on. so they've agreed to 'work out a deal' with the infiniti dealership should i EVER have to go back for a revisit.
so to answer your question, yes, i've called, and they've been very helpful. just as long as you don't ask for the sun and the moon, you might get a little further than speaking with the manager of the dealership.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.