G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Any past Honda accord owners here?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 10:34 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Any past Honda accord owners here?

Hi all,

Sorry that I have to post it here but I am not too active in the honda forum and I don't tend to get any answers. Hope you past honda owners might have a clue what's going on.

My accord (92 manual, 120k miles) kept dying at idle on my way back home. The check engine light came on and at the lights when I come to a stop I had to keep revving the engine otherwise it'll drop the rpm and stall. Had to keep cranking the engine to start the car.

Could this be a very dirty fuel injector? I don't recall ever cleaning it or does it have to do with some idling issue? Car was tuned up recently but car doesn't get driven much (once every week or so). I know the car is getting old but I wanted to keep it as a beater/grocery car.

Also, the car has had issue where when usually the first few minutes of driving sometimes it gets stucked on an rpm and when I gas it it won't go no further like something is stucked. After a few minutes then the car is smooth again. I am suspecting it might be a clog up fuel injector.

Thanks for any advice.

Last edited by mikeee2; 08-28-2005 at 10:37 PM.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Never had any problem like that on my 93 Accord...but your fuel pump may also be getting ready to "kick the bucket". You can always have the dealer check it out and tell you what's wrong. I used to get lucky and didn't get charged for them looking it over... whether I fixed it there or not.

Old 08-30-2005, 08:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We've owned 6 Accords over the years. The wife likes "her" Hondas. Never had a major problems with any of them. A bad front brake rotor on one and the driver's side window switch failed on another. That's it.

Old 08-30-2005, 08:50 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by mikeee2
Hi all,

Sorry that I have to post it here but I am not too active in the honda forum and I don't tend to get any answers. Hope you past honda owners might have a clue what's going on.

My accord (92 manual, 120k miles) kept dying at idle on my way back home. The check engine light came on and at the lights when I come to a stop I had to keep revving the engine otherwise it'll drop the rpm and stall. Had to keep cranking the engine to start the car.

Could this be a very dirty fuel injector? I don't recall ever cleaning it or does it have to do with some idling issue? Car was tuned up recently but car doesn't get driven much (once every week or so). I know the car is getting old but I wanted to keep it as a beater/grocery car.

Also, the car has had issue where when usually the first few minutes of driving sometimes it gets stucked on an rpm and when I gas it it won't go no further like something is stucked. After a few minutes then the car is smooth again. I am suspecting it might be a clog up fuel injector.

Thanks for any advice.
Try cleaning your throttle body and put some gas additive to clean the injectors. There are cleaner solvent you can get at your local auto parts store. If that doesn't work try checking your fuel filter I believe there are 2 in the engine bay. If that doesn't work check your vacuum hose if it's raptured it will give the same effect that you're experiencing right now. See if that takes care of the problem if not there might be a few more things you can check.