G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Help, G35 locked up with running engine.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 03:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm sure I've locked the car while it was running with the remote control. My dad does this on his Buick too.

On the other hand, the remote for my 97 F150 doesn't lock/unlock the truck while it is running, so I need to actually keep a key available in case I lock it by mistake. (It has the feature of locking automatically when you go into gear, and through a series of steps, I've locked myself out of it once).

Old 09-03-2005, 04:41 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
She must have accidentally manually bumped the lock, because the power locks will not lock with the engine running or even with the keys in the ignition if a door is open. Just a useful safety feature that prevents that from happening. It happens to me when I'm wiping my door panels with the car running. Never been locked out. Don't believe me go try for yourself, leave the keys in the ignition, leave a door open and hit the lock buton on either the drivers/passenger's door and see what happens.

Old 09-04-2005, 02:15 PM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by gtbigup01
She must have accidentally manually bumped the lock, because the power locks will not lock with the engine running or even with the keys in the ignition if a door is open.
My thoughts exactly.

Old 09-04-2005, 11:28 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gtbigup01
She must have accidentally manually bumped the lock, because the power locks will not lock with the engine running or even with the keys in the ignition if a door is open.
I have to disagree. On the wife's 04, it has locked itself automatically, with the engine running, while both of us were outside of the car. Fortunately, it was in our own driveway, so I just used my extra set to unlock it.

Also, it happened once before, at the beginning of summer. Except this time she was across town, with a dog in the car. The air wasn't running, and all the windows were up. She had a lady hose down the car every few minutes to help keep it cool until I arrived.

If you guys do a search, you will find many cases of this occurring. Until it happened to us, I had just assumed that drivers had accidentally pressed the lock button either on the door or on the remote. Didn't happen to us either time.

It's a real technical glitch of some sort.

Old 09-04-2005, 11:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
I have to disagree. On the wife's 04, it has locked itself automatically, with the engine running, while both of us were outside of the car. Fortunately, it was in our own driveway, so I just used my extra set to unlock it.

Also, it happened once before, at the beginning of summer. Except this time she was across town, with a dog in the car. The air wasn't running, and all the windows were up. She had a lady hose down the car every few minutes to help keep it cool until I arrived.

If you guys do a search, you will find many cases of this occurring. Until it happened to us, I had just assumed that drivers had accidentally pressed the lock button either on the door or on the remote. Didn't happen to us either time.

Okay, I tried this today, if the key is in (in my case I have the intelligent key) you cannot lock the door with the switch, it keeps popping right back open, but......if you hit the manual lock on the handle, it will lock, so most likely what has happened is a brush with that when exiting the car, of course, with the Intelligent Key, it's not a problem.

Old 09-04-2005, 11:58 PM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan

What proof do you have that doors locked themselves automatically?

Old 09-05-2005, 09:05 AM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Ok maybe you need to take your car in to service. I don't have the inteli-key thing and mine won't lock if you hit the power button and the keys are in the ignition with a door open. It was the same way on my 02 Maxima also. If you feature doesn't work then something is wrong with it and it needs to be looked at. Also the funniest part is when you mentioned that the doors automatically locked with the engine running. I wasn't there so I won't argue, but you car is posessed.

Old 09-05-2005, 04:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same thing happened with my 04' Sedan at a gas station. I'm 100% positive I hit the unlock button, and left the keys in the ignition. After filling my tank, my car was locked up automatically with the keys still in the ignition. I had to call the Infiniti roadside service to unlock the door. Now when I get out of the car, I leave the window open a crack and carry my wallet with me that holds the spare.

Old 09-05-2005, 07:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GoldClam
Same thing happened with my 04' Sedan at a gas station. I'm 100% positive I hit the unlock button, and left the keys in the ignition. After filling my tank, my car was locked up automatically with the keys still in the ignition. I had to call the Infiniti roadside service to unlock the door. Now when I get out of the car, I leave the window open a crack and carry my wallet with me that holds the spare.
You have to use the fob to open the gas door, so you initiate the lock sequence, did you use the fob from inside the car?

Old 02-13-2008, 01:18 AM
Driver door WILL Autolock !

I've seen this subject on another thread. I too have had this problem. My 2003 Auto sedan will lock itself with the keys in the ignition and the car running. I always roll down my window down now. Doesn't happen everytime! This is too common of a problem for it to not be real. So the point is, does anyone know how to fix it??????

Old 02-13-2008, 09:46 PM
How's the car to know if you're inside or out? Might be a carjacking defence of some sort.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:57 AM
i let my mother drive my car she parked the car in her friends driveway turned the car off put the key on the seat to talk to her friend the car locked it self i still laugh about that. that has never happend while the car is running.
the car is about as big as a go cart. why would you have to get out to check your parking job?

Old 02-14-2008, 12:24 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
this happened to me too....three times since i bought my car!

The last time, I left my house only to have the navi tell me my trunk was open down the stree from my house. I pulled over, turned on my hazards and exited the vehicle to close the trunk. Upon returning to the car, all the doors were locked. Luckily I had the wallet key with me.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:36 PM
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
That has happened to me a number of times - usually when I was working on the car. Now, I always take the keys with me or leave a window open if I get out with the engine on - you should too!

Old 02-15-2008, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
The G35 is the same way, if the key is in the ignition, you cannot lock the door with the lock button, at least my '04 was like that.
i have an 06.. on real cold days, i start my car in the mornin so it warms up and i lock it wid a remote and it locks with the key in the ignition running...

now ppl that lock them selfes out, common sense, when leaving yer car wid the key in the ignitio open yer window just in case, stuff happens, u know its only common sense

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Help, G35 locked up with running engine.