G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Help, G35 locked up with running engine.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 05:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help, G35 locked up with running engine.

Yesterday. My wife was parking; she got out to check her parking position.
Gust of wind closed the front door and when my wife came back and tried to get in the door was locked up with running engine.
The key, wallet, cell phone were inside.
How that could be possible?
She managed to call AAA and a guy came and opened the rear door (he could not open front door).
To my knowledge this situation should not be happening.
Any thoughts?
Thanks

Old 09-02-2005, 05:07 PM
Um because she is a woman maybe

Old 09-02-2005, 05:14 PM
Um because she is a woman maybe
LOL, but ya that shouldn't be happening. should call your dealer and tell them that.

Old 09-02-2005, 05:14 PM
Others have complained of locking their keys in the car too. I do not see how this could happen. I have tried at home to purposely do this. Maybe search this forum to see other stories.

Must have been some strong wind!

Old 09-02-2005, 05:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The trick is to roll down the window when you leave the car running.

Old 09-02-2005, 05:47 PM
I noticed while washing the car that if I unlocked with the remote to be able to open the fuel door, the car would re-lock in 45 to 50 seconds. If you open a door this does not happen. At first I thought this was a bad idea. But when I thought about it a little more, I wondered what if someone happened to unlocked my car at the same time they were unlocking theirs. After the 45 to 50 seconds my car would re-lock.

Because of the position of the key opening in the dash, a ring of keys will tear up the dash over time ( yes, I am **** ). Plus, I hate having a big wad of keys with me. I ended up putting the ignition key in a flat leather key case ( with 2 other keys ) and keep the remote separate. If I manage to lock myself out now, I deserve it.

Old 09-02-2005, 05:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My solution is 2 keyrings, so one is always in my pocket.

Old 09-02-2005, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the comments.
What concerns me is technical aspect.
Friend of mine has Acura, other one has Maxima. They told me that there is no way the car will be locked if the key is in ignition (running engine or not). I was hoping that someone already has experienced the same issue.
Yes, I'm going to try to reproduce this situation, and then I'll call to the dealer.
And .... I know G35 has special sensor "women sensor". But this is secret. LOL

Old 09-02-2005, 08:19 PM
I've had the exact same thing happen to me. I was about to park my car into the rear of the house. I had to get out to open a locked metal gate. Upon re-entering my car, I found the door was locked with engine running! Had to get a buddy to run home with me to get my spare keys. I can't imagine how it happened but obviously its possible. I'm almost positive I didn't touch the locking latch and of course since the engine was running I couldn't have accidental pushed the lock button. Pretty scary if you think about it cause I coulda been stranded far from home.

Old 09-02-2005, 08:32 PM
I have had the same issue. I also had it with my '02 Maxima. The worst time it happened was when I was leaving my office in the middle of a huge NE snowstorm. I got out of my car while running to clean off my car a little better, and when I tried to get back in it was locked. I had to stand in the snow and wait for my wife to arrive (40 minutes later!!!) with my extra keys.

On a side note, I have actually watched this happen when I had the Maxima. I was in my driveway, with the engine running. I opened my door to grab something, closed the door, and the door locked itself. It was weird, the lock made the same noise as it would if I hit the lock button on the remote. I am just more careful now.

Old 09-02-2005, 08:41 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by MrYS
Yesterday. My wife was parking; she got out to check her parking position.
Gust of wind closed the front door and when my wife came back and tried to get in the door was locked up with running engine.
The key, wallet, cell phone were inside.
How that could be possible?
She managed to call AAA and a guy came and opened the rear door (he could not open front door).
To my knowledge this situation should not be happening.
Any thoughts?
Thanks
Lockout service should be free with the Infiniti roadside assistance provided under the 4 year/100km warrranty, unless U.S. cars are different.

Old 09-02-2005, 08:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MrYS
Thanks for the comments.
What concerns me is technical aspect.
Friend of mine has Acura, other one has Maxima. They told me that there is no way the car will be locked if the key is in ignition (running engine or not). I was hoping that someone already has experienced the same issue.
Yes, I'm going to try to reproduce this situation, and then I'll call to the dealer.
And .... I know G35 has special sensor "women sensor". But this is secret. LOL
The G35 is the same way, if the key is in the ignition, you cannot lock the door with the lock button, at least my '04 was like that.

Old 09-02-2005, 08:52 PM
I think the only way u can lock ur doors while the car is still running is if u put the car on "D" and use the E brake. But i'm not sure of this. My dads 97 camry was kind of like this, if you put the car in "D" the doors would automatically lock by themselves.

Old 09-02-2005, 08:56 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
The plastic credit-card wallet key is meant for this purpose. So provided you carry your wallet/purse with you at all times, then you're able to re-enter.

P.S. - no I didn't carry one, but I should have.

C.

Old 09-03-2005, 02:38 PM
I had the same thing happen to me in January, except I WAS 300 miles from home - unlocked the car, started it, closed the door to clean off the snow...then all doors were locked. I carry the wallet key now.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Help, G35 locked up with running engine.