G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Anyone have this Nismo wing on their Sedan?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 01:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Anyone have this Nismo wing on their Sedan?

I wanted to know if this Nismo wing from Japanparts.com would fit on the sedan or if there is a sedan version. Also, I would like to see some pictures of the wing installed. I just picked up my 6MT on friday and I already have 170miles on it and I love every second. The car is simple to drive smoothly after you get use to to the engagement point (unfortunatly not easier to drive than my friend's '05 M3 out of sport mode but what did I expect). Thanks in advance guys!

FYI I am using Motoman's method for breaking in the engine (loading it up in second and third then slowing down) and it is really running strong. I drive 50miles on highways every day so on my first commute today I put it in 6th and tried to mix it up between cruising at 1,800RPMs and 2,600RPMs - I guess I'm doing a "hybrid motoman" break-in.

My friend with the M3 drove the car around a little bit and he loved the way it feels. Very much like the controls in the M (the steering wheels feel so similar it's amazing) and not to mention it feels almost as quick as the M out of sport mode.

Old 09-06-2005, 02:10 PM
I'm just gonna be completely honest with ya on this one... That "thing" is **** a$$ ugly. Looks like something that would be on a riced up Civic or something.

Old 09-06-2005, 02:12 PM
Please dont add that to your sedan.

Old 09-06-2005, 02:13 PM
i second that

Old 09-06-2005, 02:15 PM
I kind of like the look of it, but that is why I'm asking for pictures of it on a sedan. I would assume that the ends would flow really well with the lines of the car in the back. I have a black on black sedan and I am going to tint the windows 35% all the way around, clear markers, drop it with Z springs 1/2", slap a wing on and be done with the looks of the car. I'll take some pictures after I get home tonight for the obligatory "pictures of my new G" post.

The wing does look a little fugly in the back, but for anyone that can't keep up - you're not my concern

Old 09-06-2005, 02:29 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Gota do what makes U happy.

JMHO, but I tend to agree with the others.
I don't know anyone actually using this spoiler.

Old 09-06-2005, 02:59 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Sorry, but that is so ugly it's laughable.

I don't know of anyone running that 'spoiler' and after seeing it, I know why.

In this case, 'spoiler' is the perfect word.

Old 09-06-2005, 03:27 PM
gotta agree with others...it is fugly.

either install the oem or the M3 lip.

Old 09-06-2005, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by JohnNJ
I wanted to know if this Nismo wing from Japanparts.com would fit on the sedan or if there is a sedan version. Also, I would like to see some pictures of the wing installed. I just picked up my 6MT on friday and I already have 170miles on it and I love every second. The car is simple to drive smoothly after you get use to to the engagement point (unfortunatly not easier to drive than my friend's '05 M3 out of sport mode but what did I expect). Thanks in advance guys!

FYI I am using Motoman's method for breaking in the engine (loading it up in second and third then slowing down) and it is really running strong. I drive 50miles on highways every day so on my first commute today I put it in 6th and tried to mix it up between cruising at 1,800RPMs and 2,600RPMs - I guess I'm doing a "hybrid motoman" break-in.

My friend with the M3 drove the car around a little bit and he loved the way it feels. Very much like the controls in the M (the steering wheels feel so similar it's amazing) and not to mention it feels almost as quick as the M out of sport mode.
Hey - I was actually on the hunt for this spoiler. End result, they do not make one for the sedan (at least according to my research) . Had my G in for scheduled maintenance recently, parts had the OEM laying around, had it installed. (OEM comes with bonus air diffusers which may make it a more practical option).

Appreciate the comparo to the M3. My buddy has an 03 and although at WOT there is no comparison (in my opinion) - he also loves the overall handling and performance of the G. (he is not aware - for example - the last time I ripped him a new one, I was (unintentionally) redlining at approx 7k/rpm (130mph in 4th).

Old 09-06-2005, 11:43 PM
Rice. Fugly rice, at that.

Old 09-07-2005, 03:41 AM
Banned
a dam shame they made such a spoiler

Old 09-07-2005, 03:48 AM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
You would be doing your G a diservice by putting it on.

Old 09-07-2005, 05:00 AM
omfg make it stop please

my eyes are burning

Old 09-07-2005, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by kailep
gotta agree with others...it is fugly.

either install the oem or the M3 lip.
I didn't like the OEM at all, that's why I didn't order the car with it on (I had to wait a month to get my 6MT here in central NJ - even though I think the new Ray Catina dealership has a ton but they don't swap with other dealers because they are schmuks)

I really want a carbon fiber M3 lip so I get a sporty look and I don't have to paint it before I put it on but as far as I know the only company that was making them, Carbon Fiber One, has stopped producing. There was someone on this board that said that they were selling their carbon lip but the lines were messed up because it was the prototype lip that Carbon Fiber One developed for the car.

Old 09-07-2005, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by g3505
Hey - I was actually on the hunt for this spoiler. End result, they do not make one for the sedan (at least according to my research) . Had my G in for scheduled maintenance recently, parts had the OEM laying around, had it installed. (OEM comes with bonus air diffusers which may make it a more practical option).

Appreciate the comparo to the M3. My buddy has an 03 and although at WOT there is no comparison (in my opinion) - he also loves the overall handling and performance of the G. (he is not aware - for example - the last time I ripped him a new one, I was (unintentionally) redlining at approx 7k/rpm (130mph in 4th).
Both my friend and I think that the G can take the M3 if the M is out of sport mode. However, in sport mode the M3 is clearly going to destroy me. I also like the stock exhast note of the G over the M3 below 5k RPMs. For some reason the Ms sound like they are spitting ball bearings at WOT under 5k RPMS. However, after 5k the M3 sounds like a tightly tuned race car. Hopefully my boy and I can hit the highway and make a couple of videos to post on this board and maybe a BMW board (as if they need their ego stroked more).

As for the wing, thanks for doing the research - too bad they dont' have something like it for the sedan. I'm starting to like the GIALLA wing

I want to look out my side view mirror and see something sporty that brings that nice flat line under the window together. Right now I'm looking out my mirror and seeing a lot of nice shiny real estate and then it just dies at the trunk.

Last edited by JohnNJ; 09-07-2005 at 01:29 PM. Reason: forgot to thank g3505 for the info

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone have this Nismo wing on their Sedan?