G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Just Received My new G. Quick Q?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 10:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just Received My new G. Quick Q?

I just purchased and received my new G from Kirkland. I forgot to ask how to register a vehicle from out of state.

They didn't/forgot to enclose the paperwork for the vehicle and i'm without temp tags and paperwork. What do I need to do for this situation...i'm sure plenty have purchased outside their home state.

BTW I love this 35X it is such a smooooooth ride. Ivory with Slate Interior! FTW.

John
Anchorage AK

Old 09-08-2005, 12:30 PM
Just a guess...

I have not done this before, so I am only guessing, but I'd go to my local car license place and register the car in your state. Maybe they can't do it out of state, I don't know. You might look up the information for your state online and see if they have rules posted. Sorry I can't help more, I'd be curious as to what happens.

BTW did you buy from Kirkland Wa. or Some other kirkland?

Kevin

Old 09-08-2005, 04:50 PM
Bought it from Kirkland Infiniti. I'm good friends with a few of the parts guys down there.

I'm a Nissan dealer here in AK.

Old 09-08-2005, 05:50 PM
That's pretty sloppy work on the part of Kirkland Infiniti. But then again, not unexpected from the folks that stole my license plate frames and replaced them with their own. I guess they have their own "special" way of doing things. (Note sound of ax grinding in background.)

I don't think you should be allowed to drive off a dealer's lot with a new car that doesn't have temp plates. They are definitely responsible for providing you the plates. They may also be able to submit your paper work to the State of Alaska Division of Motor Vehicles so you can get plates up there.

Here's a link. http://www.state.ak.us/local/akpages...eg/require.htm.

Just out of curiosity, wouldn't your being a Nissan dealer mean you have a lot of knowledge about these things?

Old 09-09-2005, 01:36 AM
I'm in the parts department. I work wholesale for bodyshops. I just got the car the other day, and had posted this from home, so I didn't contact anyone at work about the situation.

I have it all squared away already though. I was merely looking for a quick answer on my time off.

Old 09-09-2005, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by AKG35X
I'm in the parts department. I work wholesale for bodyshops. I just got the car the other day, and had posted this from home, so I didn't contact anyone at work about the situation.

I have it all squared away already though. I was merely looking for a quick answer on my time off.
Oh well, congratulations of the G35X. Sounds like it'll be getting well used up there.