G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

what is wrong with G35 interior??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 10:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kevink
I have only 1 complaint about the gauge area. At certain times around dusk, it can be hard to read the speedometer.

The other complaint is about the console with all the buttons. They look too much like an airplain with all the glowing buttons at night. Even the Navi buttons when the navi is off.

I have the 2004.
The visibility of the gauges at dusk was a problem on my '04 as well, they changed that on the '05, well, even the control switches on the steering wheel have some illumination with the lights on now, and the clock is very easy to see too!

Old 09-10-2005, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by davistld01
My only real beef about the interior of the '03.5, at least the Sport package one, is the el cheapo "titanium tint" on the inside door pulls that rubs off as the side of my leg rests against it whilst driving, leaving a black rubbed-off place that looks horrible. I would LOVE to see some real aluminum pieces to replace the OEM ones with!! It would be nice to cover the dash/console with real aluminum pieces too. I was even thinking of some carbon fiber pieces, but might look too cheesy on my BS sedan. What do you think?

Do you think the "real" aluminum interior trim pieces on the 2005 model would retrofit onto my car?
The console aluminum wouldn't retro fit, and not sure about the door handles, they seem a tad different, the armrests are way nicer. I don't know, IMO some of the carbon fiber dash stuff is a bit gaudy looking.

Old 09-10-2005, 11:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only thing I can think (on my coupe mind you) is the paint on the doorhandles is rubbing off.. I figure when it gets bad, I'll just take the plastic off and see if I can get a shop to put brushed aluminum there instead.

Old 09-11-2005, 12:06 AM
The only thing I don't like on my 05 is the radio, the display looks like my 00 Pathfinder.

Old 09-11-2005, 06:08 AM
I had a 04 loaner car yesterday...re: the interior, all I can say is I am really glad I got an 05.

The 04 is just bad...worse than my 02 Corvette z06.

Old 09-11-2005, 10:10 PM
I think the interior design is extremely unique. I like the fact that the dash doesn't look like any other car. Maybe it turned some people off, but have you seen the latest BMW interiors. They look worse than the outside of the car. Too many sharp corners, basically no good flow. Anyhow, yes things like door handles and armrests look a little pedestrian. The silver paint doesn't bother me at all and the leather quality is great. The reclining rear seats are cool too. It blows away my old Altima's interior. The only thing I really don't like is the orange used on the gauges. Blue or red would have been nicer. Oh, and unlighted steering wheel controls suck too.

Still, what do you want in a car that prices out in the 30's and either meets or blows away anything in its price range +8k? I'll give up a little interior snazz to have a car that drives like these cars do. If I cared for interior over the drive, I might have bought a TL. We didn't give up anything on the exterior looks either. The sedan looks like a 4-door Porsche and the coupe looks much better than the Z. Infiniti/Nissan are the first Japanese company to break out of the "obviously from Japan" or "just copying Europe" rut.

Last edited by kysrsoze; 09-11-2005 at 10:13 PM.
Old 09-11-2005, 10:40 PM
Personally the only interior I would pick over the 05 g is the vw/audi interior. I'd rather have mediocre interior than good interior but a lot of bugs in the car like audis. the interior or the g is more than I need, cept maybe a digi clock .

Old 09-11-2005, 10:46 PM
Super Moderator
The ugly white headliner in all the G35's.

Old 09-11-2005, 10:48 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by joedan88
I hear a lot of ranting on these forums about the poor (cheap?) quality of the G35 cabin/ interior - I know things have evolved from the earlier models but it seems to have become common wisdom that the interiors are less sophisticated than other e.g. BM and Lexus
My '05 G35x interior is every bit as nice as any other lux' sedan, and I can't understand why Inifiniti gets this bum wrap - can any one give me a point by point difference between the G35 and equivalent BM 325, MB C class, Lexus IS interior - why is the G35 viewed as 'inferior'??
Cheap materials for a premier brand vehicle. That's how the magazines dictates how it should look.

Old 09-11-2005, 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by gtbigup01
Cheap materials for a premier brand vehicle. That's how the magazines dictates how it should look.
That was for the '03-'04.

Old 09-12-2005, 01:06 AM
Originally Posted by harley01
I'm not crazy about the orange lights. I hope the next version uses a different color.
I actually like the orange lighting on my 2005. It basks everything in a nice firey glow at night.

I actually didn't notice this until I walked up to the car while I left it running. Through the rear window, the gauge cluster and console stack is faintly visible and (in my opinion) appears to be extremely elegant. Of course, it only looks better as you hop in the car and see it close-up. (I not only drank the Kool-Aid, I'm passing it out to friends ).

My complaints on the interior:
1. Seat controls (like everyone else)
2. Seat bolstering (like a few)
3. Rattles and squeaks! (like a few more)
4. Extremely Basic audio system electronics: (probably just me)
a. I only get treble / bass to choose from?
b. I can't auto-scroll titles?
c. I can't scan for traffic reports?
d. A higher-resolution LCD would kill you?
5. Labels I can't remove like the LATCH labels on the rear seats, and the safety advisories on the visors. (probably just me)

~ Mike

Old 09-12-2005, 02:14 PM
I really like this interior. Sure it's basic, but everything is where it should be. Good point about it being, simple, clean and incredibly functional. High quality leather and a nice steering wheel feel. Closest dash configuration to my 97 Maxima, which I always really liked.

Double-bonus is that my car doesn't have the annoying squeaks or rattles that many people have ... so I count my blessings there.

Old 09-12-2005, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by TBone24
I really like this interior. Sure it's basic, but everything is where it should be. Good point about it being, simple, clean and incredibly functional. High quality leather and a nice steering wheel feel. Closest dash configuration to my 97 Maxima, which I always really liked.

Double-bonus is that my car doesn't have the annoying squeaks or rattles that many people have ... so I count my blessings there.
I don't think it's terribly basic after having driven a Mustang GT, which by the way, in '00 stickered at almost $30k ($29 something) that really was cheap interior wise, geez, even had a **** for the lights. I've done okay with the rattles on my '05, had two, both are fixed!

Old 09-13-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by Argetni
I had a 04 loaner car yesterday...re: the interior, all I can say is I am really glad I got an 05.

The 04 is just bad...worse than my 02 Corvette z06.
What are you saying man..nothing could be worse than the Z06..thats just plain ugly american interiors...the new C6/Z06 is nice..a little like the Gs interior, but still quite bad..anyhow..the G 03/04 interior is far better looking than the cheap black with brushed aluminum on the 05s, I have an 03 and driving the 05 today as a loaner and man does the loaner look cheap...black ruins any car..but in the G it just makes it UGLY...the stone/wheat whatever color there is looks much nicer and right..the 03s had nice interiors..still miles behind the competition, but with the new one they have gone backwards instead of forwards..

BTW i cant wait for my 06 C6...

Old 09-13-2005, 03:28 PM
Mik
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
I don't think it's terribly basic after having driven a Mustang GT, which by the way, in '00 stickered at almost $30k ($29 something) that really was cheap interior wise, geez, even had a **** for the lights. I've done okay with the rattles on my '05, had two, both are fixed!
i'm very happy with my '05 G35, especially coming from a '95 Mustang GT. loved the 'Stang, but that car had a BASIC interior. the G35 is what i would expect for the price i paid. if i had to pay more, i would expect something like the M35 interior.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: what is wrong with G35 interior??