G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

A tale of two G's...pix

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 02:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A tale of two G's...pix

Was bored the other day & thought I'd take a few pictures of my 05 6MT (ivory pearl) next to my girl's 04 5AT (b.silver).

You could say the G35 brought us together...literally. She was getting her car serviced when I still worked at Infiniti of Montclair. Thanks to their slow service (overbooked, actually)...she had alot of time to kill that day. I noticed this cute girl standing around...gave her my card w/ number on it...the rest is history! ^-^

Its been 5 months so far...

Okay, okay...I'm sure noone really cares about all that...I was just looking for another excuse to post pix of my car. Nothing has changed since the last time I posted! Hahaha...

Hope you all had a great weekend!

Attached Thumbnails A tale of two G's...pix-g-kids-.jpg   A tale of two G's...pix-g-kids-b.jpg   A tale of two G's...pix-g-kids-c.jpg   A tale of two G's...pix-g-kids-d.jpg  
Old 09-12-2005, 09:27 AM
My horns hold up my halo
Cool!! Might we have another G family brewing?

Old 09-12-2005, 10:06 AM
Great story, thanks for posting.

Old 09-12-2005, 10:48 AM
One question. Which car does your girl like better? Does she prefer your 6 speed or her automatic? My wife hates my car with a passion and she practically begs me to go get my BMW back. I just can’t understand it. She just doesn’t think the automatic G35 is a fun car. Oh well I wouldn’t trade my car for anything available right now. Next year that might be a different story.

Old 09-12-2005, 12:16 PM
The white one looks like a kiddie gangsta car. Too low and takes away from the car IMO

Old 09-12-2005, 01:33 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Gting
The white one looks like a kiddie gangsta car. Too low and takes away from the car IMO
I somewhat agree. I love the IP 05's. But that's just too low for my taste. But my opinion doesn't matter.

Old 09-12-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
I somewhat agree. I love the IP 05's. But that's just too low for my taste. But my opinion doesn't matter.
Sure opinion matters on a internet forum. Otherwise he wouldn't be going out of his way to take pictures and post them up.

Not the worst car I have seen just doesn't look good IMO.

Old 09-12-2005, 05:39 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Gting
Sure opinion matters on a internet forum. Otherwise he wouldn't be going out of his way to take pictures and post them up.

Not the worst car I have seen just doesn't look good IMO.
I should have clarified. If the point of this thread was to discuss how his drop looked, or the merits of his drop, then my opinion would have been germaine. If this were a discussion regarding the pros-cons of a drop, or anything else for that matter, then indeed my opinion, in the form of an open discussion, has merit. However, he was just showing off his car. And what *I* think about his drop doesn't matter. He's the one that spent the money, and presumably some form of effort, to achieve that look. He's the one that has to live with it. Therefore, if he likes it, more power to him. When I said my opinion didn't "matter", all I was saying was that his opinion of his car is all that matters.

Having said all that, I do have to comment on that drop. Not to be harsh, but it reminds me of a local group of civics. There are three civics that regularly park at a carwash a little over a mile from our house. Each of them has some type of air or hydraulic suspension(don't know, never discussed with the owners). When they park, they lower them *all* the way to the ground. I mean, like if you remove the friggin wheels. That's what this drop reminds me of. Like I said, I don't mean to be harsh, but I really don't think it was Gthree5 6MT's intention to have his ride remind people of civics...

Old 09-12-2005, 07:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Eh, I'll chime in too. I love the car/color combo/the wheels, but the drop is tooooo low for my taste, not to mention the way theose tires are going to look after 10k of driving on them. You should get some A-arms to correct the front camber if you are going that low....it will also help the car look a little better. Those wheels have some aggressive offsets, but they don't even look it because the drop is so low and they are tucked so far in. I won't even talk about the suspension dynamics, but hey, my opinion doesn't matter either

Old 09-12-2005, 09:32 PM
Hehehe...

A long, long time ago...I probably would've been one of those Civic guys at the carwash. Actually, I had an Integra, it too was slammed. No air-bags for me though, don't worry 'bout that. However, once upon a time I did have a Regal w/ hydraulics! What can I say? I grew up in the MTV generation of Dr Dre/Snoop Dogg...wannabee-gangsta, y'know? Hahaha...

Although the super low drop is pretty harsh on not-so-perfect roads...the handling is great on the freeway. The springs I'm using are really stiff, and combined w/ the 6MTs' factory Sport Susp. struts...handling is awesome (if you can handle the bottoming out every so often).

About the camber issues...I prefer it that way. The negative camber really enhances the turning response. I know the tires wear uneven/faster, etc...small price to pay, I think, for the performance it returns. Next time you see a "stock" sports car (Porsche, Ferrari, etc.)...although they may not have been slammed, even at stock setting their tires are all negative-cambered...there's a reason. I doubt those guys are too worried about wearing out their tires unevenly, huh?

Thanks for all the inputs, I know the nay-sayers actually had good intentions...but, I'm aware of what I'm doing. ^-^

Old 09-12-2005, 09:41 PM
My horns hold up my halo
Ya know my husband is going to have a small coronary when he reads this but I didn't even notice the severity of the drop on the car. I just thought it looked good. Now that I look at it I know it wouldn't go in and out of my driveway but hey, it doesn't live here so who cares! LOL!

Old 09-12-2005, 10:21 PM
LOL...unfortunately, I have to deal w/ scraping just about everywhere, Cheryl. I'm usually pretty good about it & make sure I'm driving VERY slow, so that it just scrapes along softly. But once in a while, if I misjudge or in a slight rush...*ouch!!!*

^-^

Old 09-12-2005, 10:54 PM
I LOVE THE DROP!! its friggin sexy!

low IPs are the way to go

Old 09-12-2005, 11:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Just curious, what is the camber up front? I am hoping you had toe adjusted/thrust angle adjusted. I wish I could agree with your statement about the high end sportscar thing.....oh well. If your happy with it. But man, those shocks are going to go quick with it that low. The internal bump-stops are taking a beating (quickest way to blow a shock).

Old 09-13-2005, 04:00 AM

pretty interesting story hope something like that happens to me

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A tale of two G's...pix