G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Best and first mods to do to the sedan and why

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 04:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best and first mods to do to the sedan and why

ive had my G for about half a year now and havent really done anything to it. Im new to the import scene i just finally wanted a reliable nice looking car that i could run to 300k. Anyways, what are the first mods that should be done performance wise and why. Ive already got headers on the way, my friend works at a custom headers/exhaust shop and hes making me some for $200 and btw what is the grounding kit good for?

Old 09-21-2005, 05:11 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
There's no simple answer to this broad question. You should really invest some time and research things for yourself. Then, after you've decided on a few mods post again and we can give you a better answer.

Old 09-21-2005, 05:57 AM
i was asking on a personal suggestion basis, kind of as in what mods people have started with and why they chose those

Old 09-21-2005, 06:08 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
-Z-tube/K&N filter
-Motordyne Plenum spacer
-High flow cats
-Cat back exhaust
-Springs/shock or coilovers
-Sway bars
-Wheels/Tires
-TechnoSquare ECU reflash

I did not include brand names for most mods only because there are several good choices and you can research these for yourself. There is a lot of info already posted on these forums. Familiarize yourself with the search function and get to work.

Old 09-21-2005, 12:33 PM
the grounding kit is good for looks. what model do you have? x? 6mt? auto? 03? 03.5? 04? 04.5?

Old 09-21-2005, 12:45 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by B&RCustoms
i was asking on a personal suggestion basis, kind of as in what mods people have started with and why they chose those
Again, this general question is pretty hard to answer....

You need to at least say what you want to accomplish.
- show & shine bling bling
- performance & handling

etc.........

Old 09-21-2005, 01:12 PM
go fast=1/2" plenum spacer, headers, ztube w/kn panel filter, 18"Z track wheels, crank pulley, replace that 30lb premuffler with 22" resonator, and for better handling, drop car with Z suspension

bling bling=anything that looks chrome, 24" gigantor wheels that weighs 40lbs....each.

i can be just as fast as you can bling....

Last edited by klg35; 09-21-2005 at 01:21 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 09-21-2005, 03:11 PM
Lower it.
Get a z tube

Old 09-21-2005, 04:24 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I am still not sure that many of those mods are worth the money. In many cases modded cars arent much better and, with suspension and tire changes, can actually handle and feel worse. I think the psychological effects move the driver more than the actual mods. Also, I question the engineering abilities of many aftermarket vendors.

I think a supercharger or turbo is worth money, but grounding kits and slightly raised plenums with shiny heat sucking intakes just dont seem right to me. (just my opinion, i know others love this stuff, and thats great)

I can appreciate the many modifications that everyone here does purely on a asthetical basis. I think I would feel the need to modify more if the midwest was crawling with g35's, but it isnt so g35's stand out already. (Acura TL's are everywhere, but G's are far and few between)

O, and make sure to post pictures of your ride and any interesting info about mods you performed.

Old 09-21-2005, 05:47 PM
first mod i got and the only mod i have so far are the sway bars and they were def worth the 300 installed...i loooove turns now

Old 09-21-2005, 09:19 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
put a 75 wet nitrous kit on it, i cant believe how it throws you back in the seat when you hit it, its seriously unbelievable....

it will cost ya about 5 or 600 dollars

Old 09-22-2005, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by Konsole
I am still not sure that many of those mods are worth the money. In many cases modded cars arent much better and, with suspension and tire changes, can actually handle and feel worse. I think the psychological effects move the driver more than the actual mods. Also, I question the engineering abilities of many aftermarket vendors.

I think a supercharger or turbo is worth money, but grounding kits and slightly raised plenums with shiny heat sucking intakes just dont seem right to me. (just my opinion, i know others love this stuff, and thats great)

I can appreciate the many modifications that everyone here does purely on a asthetical basis. I think I would feel the need to modify more if the midwest was crawling with g35's, but it isnt so g35's stand out already. (Acura TL's are everywhere, but G's are far and few between)

O, and make sure to post pictures of your ride and any interesting info about mods you performed.

for your case, maybe you should speak directly with vendors and ask them specifically why their mods work and hopefully they can provide before and after dynos........of course, we all know dyno #s can be manipulated ....better yet, find someone with mods you have doubt in and take a ride to see for yourself..........sure, some are for cosmetic like body kits that provide no real downforce or running neon lights under car.......i'm in the reducing weight and less rotational mass camp...... mods are listed in previous post

Old 09-22-2005, 01:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't do the headers for 200 bucks. You WILL be disappointed. Many companies have tried to make headers that work better than the stock manifolds. the cheapest is around 700 bucks and that was their 3rd or 4th attempt.

go fast: lighter wheels and tires, smaller diameter overall; lose the two 12"'s in the trunk; lose 20 pounds yourself and chop out the factor premuffler. after that: nothing (cept maybe some stiffer shocks). wait until you can afford forced induction. no other mod will be as cost effective as FI is.

research, research, research; many mods have lost power on the G's n Z's.

Old 09-22-2005, 01:38 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mod your car 1 mod at a time. Savior each mod for at least a week before the next one. Because before you know it, you will have empty pockets. Good luck

Old 09-22-2005, 08:00 PM
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Lightweight 17x8 or 17x8.5 with 255/40 tires, sway bars and yellow Koni sports with 1" drop springs.
Engine-leave it alone unless you are into drag racing
Style-tint, clear corners, twice a week wash and regular wax(Zaino) and hot babe in passenger seat . Loose the baseball cap.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best and first mods to do to the sedan and why